Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 minutes ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

Calm the f**k down, comedians can't earn a living due to the lockdown, have some sympathy.

Apart from Janey Godley obviously.

I thought you said comedians?

missed a fucking trick there - should've done it properly and gone for fully-interactive trials on TV with viewer voting for the verdict - great entertainment for all concerned during lockdown; they could bring the death sentence back for the duration to give the whole thing a bit more heft...
Death penalty for couples shopping together IMHO . . .

6 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
1 hour ago, Herman Hessian said:
missed a fucking trick there - should've done it properly and gone for fully-interactive trials on TV with viewer voting for the verdict - great entertainment for all concerned during lockdown; they could bring the death sentence back for the duration to give the whole thing a bit more heft...

Have you offed @pozbaird? 🤔

Best thing about this Jerry Cole poster is not the boring, contrarian Brendan O'Neill cut and pastes or the links to dodgy anti vaxxer sites, but the (must reply to everything) 'I know you are, but what am I'  patter when someone has a pop.

Exactly what this thread needs imo.

7 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Best thing about this Jerry Cole poster is not the boring, contrarian Brendan O'Neill cut and pastes or the links to dodgy anti vaxxer sites, but the (must reply to everything) 'I know you are, but what am I'  patter when someone has a pop.

Exactly what this thread needs imo.

@Jeremiah Cole

13 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Two days in a row now cases have dropped worldwide, good sign I hope:

image.png.5b62b8e0a11826b766eaa9385842c82a.png

gravely disappointed in the majority of forecasts that have been made over the last couple of weeks or so - that looks f**k all like a sombrero - much more like a wizards's hat (leave it) or klan hood...

15 minutes ago, cyderspaceman said:

Are you sure it's a tick bite? Is there a red ring forming around it? Not every tick carries borellia but it is easily treated with antibiotics if caught early.

Doctors in the UK don't seem  (or didn't seem) to be aware of its seriousness.  My test was considered negative in the UK . The UK folk dismissed the 'faint' positive because I'd had it before.   It then got worse and was positive in France where I was treated.

I think so. Was out running with the dog one day in the fields and hills (romantic image isn't it?). It's a bloody/pussy dot with redness around it and some big swelling all round it too. 

8 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

I think so. Was out running with the dog one day in the fields and hills (romantic image isn't it?). It's a bloody/pussy dot with redness around it and some big swelling all round it too. 

I remember watching a documentary about this ex solider running about in the forest with some dogs and he took a heavy fall.  Guy just took his pocket knife fixed a small gash on his arm and sorted on the spot.  You should watch it for tips for the next time your out with your dog in the fields.

I think it's called First Blood.

Edited by SlipperyP

1 hour ago, Moomintroll said:
2 hours ago, woolf said:
Keep an eye on it,take paracetamol and drink gallons of water (worked for me and my Mrs),if it gets worse don’t hesitate to call 111.Try stay calm and don’t watch too much of the news.
Best of luck

Cheers min, it does get a bit freaky when the wheezing is at its peak but it only seems to be affecting one lung weirdly so no real panic. Mainlining Lemsip Honey & Lemon & taking Paracetamol so will hopefully subside quickly.

Hot drinks with lots of honey and lemon work better than lemsip, you can even add a wee bit of whisky if you want.  

3 hours ago, Rugster said:

Targeted at fat b*****ds who like to sit on their couch and eat junk food. 

You getting them too mate...

4 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

I remember watching a documentary about this ex solider running about in the forest with some dogs and he took a heavy fall.  Guy just took his pocket knife fixed a small gash on his arm and sorted on the spot.  You should watch it for tips for the next time your out with your dog in the fields.

I think it's called First Blood.

Funnily enough, my plan is to investigate the area with a knife later. Will happily live stream the home surgery. I think there may be stuff living in the leg. 

47 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
2 hours ago, Herman Hessian said:

Can this be expanded outside the lockdown period?