Coronavirus (COVID-19)

36 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
52 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
I didnt really have wheeziness or breathing issues tbh. Just a cough which tbh is still here. My windpipe feels irritated still and coughing is easily triggered. 

Cheers min, got a nagging wheeze in my right lung that gets upset when I cough, which is far too sodding often. My windpipe feels raw af but that is to be expected given how often it is hacking, forcing down as much honey & lemon medicine as the dosage allows.

Dosages are for losers. Take as much as you want and put vodka in any Lemsip type stuff. The funds from the evaporating alcohol help clear congestion. I know congestion isn't a symptom, but do it anyway.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

What constitutes recovered? Could be a massive lag there?

If the recovered means only people who have been admitted to hospital, which I presume it does, then maybe if you get it bad enough there's a long recovery time.

Just now, Sergeant Wilson said:

Dosages are for losers. Take as much as you want and put vodka in any Lemsip type stuff. The funds from the evaporating alcohol help clear congestion. I know congestion isn't a symptom, but do it anyway.

I know you're joking but an overdose of paracetamol is really nasty. 

10 minutes ago, Forest_Fifer said:
14 minutes ago, welshbairn said:
Don't know why they bother listing the confirmed cases, it's all but meaningless given the different testing protocols and availability, but the deaths v recovery stats are pretty startling. 
image.thumb.png.13b54d8acda1d9fc16e6806598032894.png

The UK recovery stats can't be right, are they not signing people off properly when they get discharged?

They're obviously not bothering updating, that 135 figure hasn't altered for quite a lot of days. 

There is a graph that maps cases v recovery, that will show when the figure was last updated. 

Edited by ayrmad

9 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Don't know why they bother listing the confirmed cases, it's all but meaningless given the different testing protocols and availability, but the deaths v recovery stats are pretty startling. 

image.thumb.png.13b54d8acda1d9fc16e6806598032894.png

They are startling, but also meaningless.

Guest Moomintroll
Sure you meant fumes there Sarge, I am overdosing as much as I dare but the bottle is depleting rapidly.

10 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

If the recovered means only people who have been admitted to hospital, which I presume it does, then maybe if you get it bad enough there's a long recovery time.

Was a bit about this on the Dr John Campbell video I posted yesterday. Breathing recovered and two negative tests from swabs I think?

1 hour ago, Moomintroll said:

All joking aside,@Bairnardo how long did the wheeziness last for you? I know I will be fine but this breathless feeling between coughs is pretty freaking.

I had it about ten days,to varying degrees.Had a couple of false dawns when I thought it had gone,only to be laid low with it hours later.A couple of times it was worrying and trying to stay calm is quite tough.How long have you been having breathing problems?

Guest Moomintroll
I had it about ten days,to varying degrees.Had a couple of false dawns when I thought it had gone,only to be laid low with it hours later.A couple of times it was worrying and trying to stay calm is quite tough.How long have you been having breathing problems?
Just came on around 7 last night, had a mild cough but it ramped up about an hour before that & I have been coughing nonstop since with this nagging wheezy gurgling in my right lung.

Only advice I'd give to the Bairnardos that have seemingly recovered is, don't swan about like billybigbaws disregarding their safety measures, we've not had enough of this to know everything about it. 

Edited by ayrmad

52 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Any decent April Fools around today? Must be ripe for some belters this year.

Pal of ma wife's got her son (older end of primary school) up this morning and told him the schools were back on. Got him ready, breakfast, bag packed, school uniform, packed lunch and sent him out the door.... She let him get to the end of the driveway before shouting April Fool and calling him back!

4 minutes ago, madwullie said:

Scottish govt seem to have dropped plans to have jury-less trials. 

Just as fucking well. 

missed a fucking trick there - should've done it properly and gone for fully-interactive trials on TV with viewer voting for the verdict - great entertainment for all concerned during lockdown; they could bring the death sentence back for the duration to give the whole thing a bit more heft...

1 minute ago, Moomintroll said:
4 minutes ago, woolf said:

Just came on around 7 last night, had a mild cough but it ramped up about an hour before that & I have been coughing nonstop since with this nagging wheezy gurgling in my right lung.

Keep an eye on it,take paracetamol and drink gallons of water (worked for me and my Mrs),if it gets worse don’t hesitate to call 111.Try stay calm and don’t watch too much of the news.

Best of luck

4 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

Only advice I'd give to the Bairnardos that have seemingly recovered is, don't swan about like billybogbaws disregarding their safety measures, we've not had enough of this to know everything about it. 

Spot on,safest to think you haven’t had this virus.Infact until they bring out mass testing,non of us know 100% anyway.

That being said,I don’t need any test to tell me what it was.

Guest Moomintroll
Keep an eye on it,take paracetamol and drink gallons of water (worked for me and my Mrs),if it gets worse don’t hesitate to call 111.Try stay calm and don’t watch too much of the news.
Best of luck
Cheers min, it does get a bit freaky when the wheezing is at its peak but it only seems to be affecting one lung weirdly so no real panic. Mainlining Lemsip Honey & Lemon & taking Paracetamol so will hopefully subside quickly.

1 minute ago, Moomintroll said:
6 minutes ago, woolf said:
Best of luck

Cheers min, it does get a bit freaky when the wheezing is at its peak but it only seems to be affecting one lung weirdly so no real panic. Mainlining Lemsip Honey & Lemon & taking Paracetamol so will hopefully subside quickly.

Lemsip has paracetamol in it, mate.  Don't overdose.

Just now, Moomintroll said:
Best of luck

For me,worrying about the possible consequences was worse than the symptoms.

Just now, Moomintroll said:
Best of luck

Just remember to count the paracetamol in the Lemsip as part of the maximum dosage, and don't go way over. As Trump said, "We can't have the cure being worse than the problem."