Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Guest Moomintroll
Get well soon. Failing that, will see you in hell!
Probably wake up tomorrow totally fine, sleep is going to be fun tonight with this b*****d cough mind.

15 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Surely the whole thing about Corona isn't that its more deadly than the 'flu, but that it's so fucking infectious that left to spread unchecked would completely overwhelm the NHS with people needing treatment, and thus would stretch it so thin that more people would die from, well, everything?

I mean, that's how I understand it anyway. Yes, it might not kill as many people as the 'flu, but the 'flu doesn't spread like wildfire with the potential of hundreds of thousands of more people needing hospital stays.

55 minutes ago, SweeperDee said:

Clockwork
Shining/Strangelove
Eyes Wide Shut

Eyes Wide Shut is great if you treat it less as a movie and more as a calculated attempt to destroy Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman's marriage.

Just now, NotThePars said:

Eyes Wide Shut is great if you treat it less as a movie and more as a calculated attempt to destroy Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman's marriage.

Robbie Collin says your favourite Kubrick film is probably the one you just watched. 

3 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
5 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Probably wake up tomorrow totally fine, sleep is going to be fun tonight with this b*****d cough mind.

Those shelves won't stack themselves!

15 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Surely the whole thing about Corona isn't that its more deadly than the 'flu, but that it's so fucking infectious that left to spread unchecked would completely overwhelm the NHS with people needing treatment, and thus would stretch it so thin that more people would die from, well, everything?

Yes.

The question most are asking now, though, is at what point is it ok to go about our lives again?

Eradicating the virus completely is unlikely, and putting everything on hold till a vaccine maybe appears is unfeasible.

9 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

On the topic of conspiracies what about the actual testing apparatus? In the general mania how do people actually know that it’s genuine.  Wasn’t there some Scottish guy selling supposed land mine detection kits that were little more than Sammy The Tommy’s cardboard tank for decades and millions of pounds before anyone actually noticed?

Mods, please.

2 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
4 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Remember if you end up feeling really really shit to the point it gets worrying and you'd normally phone a doctor rather than just stay in bed, phone 111,  or 999 in extremis .

3 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Robbie Collin says your favourite Kubrick film is probably the one you just watched. 

I just watched 2001 and one of the "People also ask" suggestions on Google is "What makes a movie boring?" which I found very funny.

2 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Because large parts of both Spain and Italy are going through hell right now.

Stop avoiding the question. Should we just accept that it might happen here? Is that risk acceptable to you?

It might, but in all likelihood it won't. There is no data to suggest we are on course to be like either, which is a good thing.

And that's the UK as a whole. With a soft lockdown already in place, I can't see a scenario where Scotland is anything like either.

Guest Moomintroll
Those shelves won't stack themselves!
Don't worry, we have bugger all to put on them at the moment anyway, since the Caterers got shut down sales have fallen off a cliff. I have probably timed this right after the initial shitstorm, can do without coughing up a lung all the same