Coronavirus (COVID-19)

The BCG was the worst of the childhood vaccinations. Stung like a bitch that one.

Also means when you have a TB skin test it always shows positive.

( You get tested for TB for teaching jobs here)

Loved her in An American Werewolf in London.  Would happily be mauled by a sheepdog/werewolf to have been nursed back to health by her.
One of my favourite films. I love when Griffin Dunne is casually chatting about what his funeral was like. As well as all the splendid Jenny.

1 minute ago, Moomintroll said:

Been coughing for a few hours, throat is on fire & my face is burning up, think I might be in the shite here.

I do believe you are fucked. Hopefully it's just mild which is like a bad cold.

No wind up from me
There are 50,000 excess deaths in the UK in a bad flu season.
These are people whose departures were not in any way imminent.
We do not lockdown the entire population in a bad flu season 

Where does this magic 50,000 excess deaths pish come from? The University of Oxford's vaccine knowledge project has it much, much lower...

Key disease facts

Influenza (flu) is a very common, highly infectious disease caused by a virus. It can be very dangerous, causing serious complications and death, especially for people in risk groups. In rare cases flu can kill people who are otherwise healthy. In the UK it is estimated that an average of 600 people a year die from complications of flu. In some years it is estimated that this can rise to over 10,000 deaths (see for example this UK study from 2013 [https://vk], which estimated over 13,000 deaths resulting from flu in 2008-09). Flu leads to hundreds of thousands of GP visits and tens of thousands of hospital stays a year.

So 600 a year (with a tragic 10,000 or so in a pandemic flu year) with no social distancing measures. Not 50,000. And how many of these 600 or 10,000 would be classed as "excess deaths"? I'll give you a clue, it's fewer than 50,000...

Surely the whole thing about Corona isn't that its more deadly than the 'flu, but that it's so fucking infectious that left to spread unchecked would completely overwhelm the NHS with people needing treatment, and thus would stretch it so thin that more people would die from, well, everything?

Edited by Gaz

On the topic of conspiracies what about the actual testing apparatus? In the general mania how do people actually know that it’s genuine.  Wasn’t there some Scottish guy selling supposed land mine detection kits that were little more than Sammy The Tommy’s cardboard tank for decades and millions of pounds before anyone actually noticed?