Coronavirus (COVID-19)

I was out in the car for some essential cola (Cherry Pepsi Max). Some of the people out walking look like they've been raised from the dead. It came be a good idea to get all these people out at one time, the dead will be piling up in the streets.

Anyone seen[mention=11339]pozbaird[/mention] today?

Hope he and his mrs haven't been in an accident on the way back from the golf club

I fear one of their regular caramel slice vs sticky toffee pudding debates has over spilled into a tragic murder-suicide.

33 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Great news eh, only approx 8000 will have died then. FFS man what exactly are you trying to prove. Do you expect the medical fraternity to soft soap us and underestimate the number that were going to die. This is a massive human tragedy no matter how anyone tries to spin it yet you keep posting Icke like crap suggesting this is all just nature at work and it's all normal and an over reaction. It really isn't and if it even saves 1 life for that family it will have been worth it. Wind your (brass) neck in, you can start the revolution once this is all over comrade.

50,000 excess deaths caused by flu in a bad season is a massive human tragedy

but we do not lockdown the entire population and wreck the economy as a result

Just now, Savage Henry said:

I fear one of their regular caramel slice vs stick toffee pudding debates has over spilled into a tragic murder-suicide.

I can't help picturing something like this when thinking of Mr & Mrs Pozbaird scrapping in the biscuit aisle

7 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I have an irrational dislike for people wearing masks in supermarkets.

I just instantly think, 'What a c**t'.

I think "That c**t's paid a fortune to someone on Ebay for something that's next to useless you're a carer or medical worker, wonder what he's got left in his wallet?"

2 hours ago, The Holiday Song said:

I remember Captain Sensible being a total WUM but doesn't seem like his posting style (granted, this was about fifteen years ago!). If Jeremiah Cole was going to be any of the ex St Mirren posters I would have bet on Reynard.

Reynard was a top man! 

2 minutes ago, Jeremiah Cole said:

No wind up from me

There are 50,000 excess deaths in the UK in a bad flu season.

These are people whose departure was not in any way imminent.

We do not lockdown the entire population in a bad flu season 

If you can repudiate the Imperial College study which predicted 510,000 deaths with inaction and 250,000 with mitigation (mild social distancing) please submit your report to all of the relevant bodies, the media and please post it on here.

Otherwise, pipe doon wee baws.

1 minute ago, The OP said:

If you can repudiate the Imperial College study which predicted 510,000 deaths with inaction and 250,000 with mitigation (mild social distancing) please submit your report to all of the relevant bodies, the media and please post it on here.

Otherwise, pipe doon wee baws.

These are the same people who initially advised that a lockdown wasn’t required and we’d be okay with herd immunity?

The same people who then estimated that 500,000 would die?

Who then admitted that most of these people would have died anyway?

who then downgraded their estimate to 20,000?

and then reduced it further to 6,000?

and who still can’t tell us what they think the actual excess mortality will be?

Strangely enough I tried to find some of your posts from the last few winters about the tragedy that is the flu death toll, guess what I found.....I've heard enough of your shite so it's ignore from now on. Your exactly the type that would be the first to moan about the treatment you receive if you have the misfortune to catch this. A total stain on society.

50,000 excess deaths caused by flu in a bad season is a massive human tragedy
but we do not lockdown the entire population and wreck the economy as a result

2 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

You sure?
Captain's posting was generally far better than this shite. The tell-tale sign would be any posts in a Motherwell-St Mirren thread making continued reference to a large away support in a fixture in the 70s.

The day St Mirren had more supporters in Fir Park than there have ever been Motherwell supporters in Fir Park?

5 minutes ago, Jeremiah Cole said:

These are the same people who initially advised that a lockdown wasn’t required and we’d be okay with herd immunity?

and who still can’t tell us what they think the actual excess mortality will be?

Question 1 - No. They are the people who changed the approach.

2. Yes, if we did nothing that was their prediction.

3. No, we will all die anyway.

4. No

5. No, these amendments depend on a change in approach.

6. Yes, this is a novel virus which could be devastating and we don’t have the testing, vaccination programmes or general capability in place to deal with that or make accurate predictions.

Now continue following the advice until told otherwise by the epidemiologists, there’s a good lad.

Edited by The OP

This is pure opinion here. No further evidence will be forthcoming....

You are a total melt.

People don’t realise that not everyone is a WUM. Some people have low intelligence and an inability to recognise their shortcomings. I seem to remember Captain Sensible always coming across as a complete idiot. His targets have just changed so it is more noticeable.

Edited by The OP