Coronavirus (COVID-19)

4 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Great news eh, only approx 8000 will have died then. FFS man what exactly are you trying to prove. Do you expect the medical fraternity to soft soap us and underestimate the number that were going to die. This is a massive human tragedy no matter how anyone tries to spin it yet you keep posting Icke like crap suggesting this is all just nature at work and it's all normal and an over reaction. It really isn't and if it even saves 1 life for that family it will have been worth it. Wind your (brass) neck in, you can start the revolution once this is all over comrade.

He thinks it’s the snuffles.

Just ignoring him.

There’s been a lot on the news about the government paying to bring back stranded Brits from abroad.  Normally I wouldn’t suggest anything as Draconian as an enforced quarantine by the experience from Canada is a bit frightening.

BF653736-AC10-401B-9674-7A470CAD1636.thumb.jpeg.d3dcdcbdc3bfdf11a1eadc167f0b7bc2.jpeg

1 hour ago, Day of the Lords said:
1 hour ago, Tynierose said:
The IP usually gives it away but the IP and email address being a match means 99.3% certain.

Fucking hell. He must have sustained a life-changing head injury. A sad deterioration in a previous superb WUM.

Fwir it was pretty grim when he left. The atmos towards him wasn't the friendliest. Some really far too personal shit flying about 

Edited by madwullie

15 minutes ago, supermik said:

These conferences are getting more and more like a Formula One commentary. One or two bits of information and the rest is massively padded out with the same old, same old.

Yeah I've stopped watching

The Italians said this would happen actually. You'd just get grimly used to it and head down plough on

Having learned today of the death of a fellow Rose supporter as a result of Coronavirus, I think we need to remind ourselves of what "underlying conditions" means. There are a huge number of people with underlying health conditions which are managed perfectly well. These are people whose departure was not in any way imminent but for whom things change if this thing gets into them. 

Appreciate that for the most part, we talk in terms of impact at national level but days like this show the wind up pish from the likes of Sensible for what it is. 

1 hour ago, MixuFixit said:

Hemingway would've just written on one line "the people wanked a lot"

The Masque of the Red Death (Edgar Allan Poe) is quite short if brevity is the main criterion. On the other hand, The Decameron (Giovanni Boccaccio,) does go on a bit.  I thought The Plague was an allegory of Nazi occupation of France, so things could be worse, unless Jeremiah's forebodings are borne out.

9 minutes ago, HTG said:

Having learned today of the death of a fellow Rose supporter as a result of Coronavirus, I think we need to remind ourselves of what "underlying conditions" means. There are a huge number of people with underlying health conditions which are managed perfectly well. These are people whose departure was not in any way imminent but for whom things change if this thing gets into them. 

Appreciate that for the most part, we talk in terms of impact at national level but days like this show the wind up pish from the likes of Sensible for what it is. 

No wind up from me

There are 50,000 excess deaths in the UK in a bad flu season.

These are people whose departures were not in any way imminent.

We do not lockdown the entire population in a bad flu season 

Edited by Jeremiah Cole

1 hour ago, peasy23 said:

Sky News with a proper shark jumping moment, interviewing Terry Waite for advice on how to survive in isolation. 4 and a half years blindfolded and chained to a radiator being so very similar to being asked to stay at home and watch TV for a couple of months.

Well that's what he said happened.