Coronavirus (COVID-19)

7 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Do you live in Llandudno by chance cause if that's the case I'll be sending these boys round to kick your c**t in for that comparison.

Wrong double L, if they come round my bit I'd just assume someone had spiked my drink and go back to sleep. :hatty

The irony is that this forum is generally full of posts questioning the government and the mainstream mass media
now it appears that most people now all believe everything the government and the mainstream mass media tell them
its a remarkable turnaround in the space of weeks 
Not you though.

393 deaths in the UK in 24 hours. Nothing to worry about lads...

Today is the first set of results which includes those who died at home or hospices. So the increase is that group up until last week, plus any since yesterday.

Assuming there were a substantial number of those, the number seems low.

2 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Today is the first set of results which includes those who died at home or hospices. So the increase is that group up until last week, plus any since yesterday.

Only 40 added I think, I thought they were carrying those from week ending 20th.

That would imply that 21% of deaths were happening untested away from hospitals. 

5 minutes ago, Snafu said:

In that order - Alien is a classic science fiction horror one of the top 50 greatest movies, Aliens is a damn good action movie with monsters, Alien 3 was decent though understated and Alien Resurrection was hit and miss with the miss being the alien looking more like a turd than a xenomorph. H. R. Giger hated Resurrection.

btw did you know Blade Runner was in the same universe?

Is the right answer. Resurrection gets better if you take it as being a Jeunet film rather than an Alien film. 

I’ve been using this time in self-isolation to try to make my way through the considerable backlog of books I have to read. Making good progress, but picking up The Plague by Albert Camus was possibly a silly choice.

“It is noteworthy that our townspeople very quickly desisted, even in public, from a habit one might have expetced them to form; that of trying to figure out the probable duration of their exile. The reason was this. When the most pessimistic had fixed it at, say, six months; when they had drunk in advance the dregs of bitterness of those six black months, and painfully screwed up their courage to the sticking-place, straining all their remaining energy to endure valiantly the long ordeal of all those weeks and days - when they had done this, some friend they met, an article in a newspaper, a vague suspicion, or a flash of foresight would suggest that after all, there was no reason why the epidemic shouldn't last more than six months; why not a year, or even more?

At such moments the collapse of their courage, will-power and endurance was so abrupt that they felt they could never drag themselves out of the pit of despond into which they had fallen. Therefore they forced themselves never to think about the problematic day of escape, to cease looking to the future, and always to keep, so to speak, their eyes fixed on the ground at their feet. But, naturally enough, this prudence, this habit of feinting with their predicament and refusing to put up a fight were ill-rewarded. For, while averting that revulsion which they found so unbearable, they also deprived themselves of those redeeming moments, frequent enough when all is told, when by conjuring up pictures of a reunion to be, they could forget about the plague. Thus, in a middle course between these heights and depths, they drifted through life rather than lived, the prey of aimless days and sterile memories, like wandering shadows that could have acquired substances only by consenting to root themselves in the solid earth of their distress.”

According to DHSC, 381 new deaths in 24 hours to 5pm yesterday, same basis for measurement as before. Only deaths of those hospitalised are counted.