Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Just now, Gaz said:

I don't think it's as bad as made out to be.

The weakest of the four, and some really poor scenes, but still an enjoyable enough popcorn film to spend a couple of hours.

Wrong. It's atrocious and utterly unwatchable. 

2 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Yeah its a toughy but still Raiders was first and it takes a lot to top that and just having Connery in a film doesn't save it nor make it superior and he has been seriously miscast in certain films for example like The Untouchables where although he brought his charisma to the movie he will always be remembered for that awful accent.

Trainspotting - Sickboy's Unifying Theory of Life

He was absolutely brilliant in the Untouchables and I cried when he died.

For everyone with a semi over how Sweden is handling this, from BBC News:

Sweden, meanwhile, has been a bit of an odd one out in Europe by avoiding lockdowns or tight restrictions. That’s changing, though - the government has now formally banned visits to care homes for the elderly, after banning gatherings of more than 50 people. Sweden has nearly 4,500 cases and 180 deaths.
A key focus for Sweden's Public Health Agency now is trying to persuade Swedes to avoid travelling during the upcoming Easter weekend, when many typically flock to country cabins and cottages. Ministers have promised to expand testing of healthcare and emergency workers.

I used to really like Temple when I was younger due to the creepy crawlies and cool Indian Papa Shango villain but when I watched it around new year I discovered it’s filled with dodgy racial tropes, an annoying as f**k child and an even more annoying shrill, screaming damsel in distress character.

6 minutes ago, The OP said:

I used to really like Temple when I was younger due to the creepy crawlies and cool Indian Papa Shango villain but when I watched it around new year I discovered it’s filled with dodgy racial tropes, an annoying as f**k child and an even more annoying shrill, screaming damsel in distress character.

Aye it's pretty dodgy but has some great scenes. The entire beginning up to "nice try, Lao Che!" is brilliant. The minecart sequence and the bridge at the end are great too.

Coronavirus is believed to have spread to the UK in January.

Over 2 months later, coronavirus has caused no excess mortality in the UK.

In the winters of 14/15 and 99/00, the flu caused excess mortality of around 500 per day. That’s on top of the numbers who usually die of flu.

Other than advising people who are vulnerable to take extra precautions or isolate, as they are doing in Sweden, I see no reason to lockdown the rest of the population.

There is no evidence to support it.

41 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

He was the Branson of despots, played the nice guy and let Stalin get the ruthless rep.

Do you live in Llandudno by chance cause if that's the case I'll be sending these boys round to kick your c**t in for that comparison.

For everyone with a semi over how Sweden is handling this, from BBC News:

Sweden, meanwhile, has been a bit of an odd one out in Europe by avoiding lockdowns or tight restrictions. That’s changing, though - the government has now formally banned visits to care homes for the elderly, after banning gatherings of more than 50 people. Sweden has nearly 4,500 cases and 180 deaths.
A key focus for Sweden's Public Health Agency now is trying to persuade Swedes to avoid travelling during the upcoming Easter weekend, when many typically flock to country cabins and cottages. Ministers have promised to expand testing of healthcare and emergency workers.

In the winters of 14/15 and 99/00, the flu caused excess mortality of around 500 per day. That’s on top of the numbers who usually die of flu.

Other than advising people who are vulnerable to take extra precautions or isolate, as they are doing in Sweden, I see no reason to lockdown the rest of the population.

Meanwhile, how people are actually feeling in Sweden: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/30/catastrophe-sweden-coronavirus-stoicism-lockdown-europe?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Notes

Note concerning COVID-19 related mortality as part of the all-cause mortality figures reported by EuroMOMO

Over the past few days, the EuroMOMO hub has received many questions about the weekly all-cause mortality data and the possible contribution of any COVID-19 related mortality. Some wonder why no increased mortality is observed in the reported mortality figures for the COVID-19 affected countries.

The answer is that increased mortality that may occur primarily at subnational level or within smaller focal areas, and/or concentrated within smaller age groups, may not be detectable at the national level, even more so not in the pooled analysis at European level, given the large total population denominator. Furthermore, there is always a few weeks of delay in death registration and reporting. Hence, the EuroMOMO mortality figures for the most recent weeks must be interpreted with some caution.

Therefore, although increased mortality may not be immediately observable in the EuroMOMO figures, this does not mean that increased mortality does not occur in some areas or in some age groups, including mortality related to COVID-19.

7 minutes ago, Forest_Fifer said:
13 minutes ago, Snafu said:
WTF .......A FUCKING LINK FROM THIS GUY, I DON'T BELIEVE IT
AcrobaticGlaringDodobird-small.gif&key=73cf9f405c1459fadb7631351729841bedee1ea7d9caab48a1366976f710303d
e159f454b9411d0e92b6395b52258606.gif&key=05b99a9e7b9f50c4c3d469f8b6e2f1f444d7b1f874a8f2703f7e23e8ef557009
Remember this at 3 o Clock on a Tuesday 31st March 2020 Captain 'Fucking' Sensible posted a link to back himself up.

From an antivax conspiracy site...

I bet you’re still waiting on Tony Blair producing his dossier on weapons of mass destruction in Iraq.....

:1eye

53 minutes ago, Alan Stubbs said:

I came back absolutely jaked to one in Berlin, and accidentally went into the wrong flat with the key for the one we'd rented. One company obviously owned the entire stair and couldn't be arsed to get different keys cut. That's where things have gone a bit too far, your Honour

FTFY

And it's Crusade, Raiders, Temple.