Coronavirus (COVID-19)

10 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Then stop rolling out their models as fact.

They spread fear and have all been wrong.

The latest "6 months until UK returns to normal" helps absolutely nobody

I definitely agree on the issue of taking models as fact. Right from the start of this they have been using the line 'following the science', as if the actions they were taking were part of an established scientific consensus, when they clearly weren't.

I think they have pulled back a bit on this type of language now, once everyone realised that 'science' in this case was just a series of predictions and assumptions.

Free labour ???

Interesting how fruit farmers are selected a a business who somehow deserves free labour to make their profits... I wonder the process that goes into these selections.

Or is it that these utter saddos literally just want to ensure as many people are forced to do stuff they dont want to do as possible.... Really pathetic.

19 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Or just somebody doing what they have done for all their life until now - instinctively?  That's why keeping people apart and inside is so important.    

The person I referred to was a Tesco worker. In Tesco.

Edited by welshbairn

My wife and myself have both received letters this morning from our doctors identifying us as "a person at risk of severe illness if you contract Coronavirus" and to "stay at home at all times and avoid all face-to-face contact for at least twelve weeks from today".

Edinburgh Festival off according to Evening Snooze 

Excellent news. 95% of the performers are work-shy imposters disguising laziness as ‘art’. The millions of morons who lap up the Festival dross have got COVID wave 2 written all over them as well.

IMO.

1 minute ago, Jacksgranda said:

My wife and myself have both received letters this morning from our doctors identifying us as "a person at risk of severe illness if you contract Coronavirus" and to "stay at home at all times and avoid all face-to-face contact for at least twelve weeks from today".

Do you have to avoid face to face contact with each other?

That shouldn't be a problem, should it?

he latest influenza report of the German Robert Koch Institute of March 24 documents a „nationwide decrease in activity of acute respiratory diseases“: The number of influenza-like illnesses and the number of hospital stays caused by them is below the level of previous years and is currently continuing to decline.

In Switzerland, the excess mortality due to Covid19 is apparently still zero.

19 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Seems ridiculous. It's over 4 months away.

There's probably a wee bit of planning has to go into it, it doesn't just spontaneously start...

3 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

You'll never get back out at this rate. 

16 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Thanks for your concern TRS, feeling a lot better today, was pretty bad for a few days there but I'm alive so that's a plus, at least for me I suppose.  Anyway, if you're still on lockdown with your new burd should you not still be on your 3rd time round the kama sutra?

Good

13 minutes ago, Turkmenbashi said:

It is rarely the experts that role these things or as fact. It is often the media who report things in the sensationalist way.

Lets face it, 6 months seems conservative. While it be the case nobodies knows how this is going to play out so there absolutely no point in predicting. Restrictions at some point in the next month or so and then we will make new models based on what happens then.

Also without the models we would probably be still going down the herd immunity strategy, which would in all likelihood mean many more deaths here.

They are still going down the herd immunity route in Sweden.....

14 minutes ago, pandarilla said:
20 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:
That's exactly what I said, nevermind meant.

Marshmallo getting a big telt here.

Yeah I'm getting my arse handed to me by a guy who thinks it's just the flu.

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

You were making out we should ignore the data because of one anomalous spike.

Yes.

27 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Then stop rolling out their models as fact.

They spread fear and have all been wrong.

The latest "6 months until UK returns to normal" helps absolutely nobody

The authors of the British Imperial College study, who predicted up to 500,000 deaths, are again reducing their forecasts. After already admitting that a large proportion of test-positive deaths are part of normal mortality, they now state that the peak of the disease may be reached in two to three weeks already.

26 minutes ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

They tell us that if you test people with some of the potential symptoms of the virus around 90-95% still don't have the virus. After that you are right we can only speculate, but I'd say it's a fair assumption that if you just tested a random sample of the population the percentage of positive/negative cases wouldn't be much different. If anything a lower percentage of positive is what I'd predict, although that is just my speculation.

Either way, there is no evidence whatsoever to back up a claim that the majority of people have had/have the virus when all the testing data we have shows the vast majority of people are negative, which is all I was trying to point out.

No one is saying a majority have had it. Even 100,000 infections is only 2% of the Scottish population.

My guess would be that people presenting with breathing problems would have had less social contact than the general population.

5 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Do you have to avoid face to face contact with each other?

That shouldn't be a problem, should it?

I think they mean people outwith the household, but I'll keep things on the safe side by banishing her to the shed.