Coronavirus (COVID-19)

4 hours ago, GordonS said:

Average yearly global deaths for seasonal flu are about 500,000.

The 'do nothing' model for Covid-19 for the UK is about 500,000. For the US it's 2.2 million. I've not seen models for other countries but it's clear that it must be in the tens of millions globally.

We can vaccinate against the flu and it still kills 500,000 people. 

I've heard the CMO for Scotland say she thinks as many as 65000 people have coronavirus here. Yet we are also told the mortality rate for COViD19 is 1 or 2 percent.  1 percent of 65000 isn't the number of deaths we have had in Scotland due to COViD19.

5 minutes ago, sparky88 said:

I've heard the CMO for Scotland say she thinks as many as 65000 people have coronavirus here. Yet we are also told the mortality rate for COViD19 is 1 or 2 percent.  1 percent of 65000 isn't the number of deaths we have had in Scotland due to COViD19.

That would be .072% then. 

6 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Wait and see the coupons on the "volunteer army" when they are told they are needed to pick lettuce, tatties, asparagus or strawberries in a few weeks. A tailor made solution to the post brexit European workers issue.

One of our local Facebook pages shared a post from a fruit farmer looking for folk to pick for min wage due to worker shortages. That thread became good fun when the local boomers started demanding "benefit scroungers" and schoolkids do it. Bitter old c***s. 

One of our local Facebook pages shared a post from a fruit farmer looking for folk to pick for min wage due to worker shortages. That thread became good fun when the local boomers started demanding "benefit scroungers" and schoolkids do it. Bitter old c***s. 
Interesting how fruit farmers are selected a a business who somehow deserves free labour to make their profits... I wonder the process that goes into these selections.

Or is it that these utter saddos literally just want to ensure as many people are forced to do stuff they dont want to do as possible.... Really pathetic.

The mortality rate is nowhere near 1%

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Interesting how fruit farmers are selected a a business who somehow deserves free labour to make their profits... I wonder the process that goes into these selections.

Or is it that these utter saddos literally just want to ensure as many people are forced to do stuff they dont want to do as possible.... Really pathetic.

This particular farmer was offering minimum wage, however the thick c**t had Kirstene Hair billboards in his fields the last 2 elections so i'd quite like to see him end up fucking potless. He didn't have any takers on the Facebook thread anyway. Wee shame. 

Boomers are generally arseholes who think that because they had rougher childhoods, everyone's else should be shite as well. 

5 hours ago, GordonS said:

Average yearly global deaths for seasonal flu are about 500,000.

The 'do nothing' model for Covid-19 for the UK is about 500,000. For the US it's 2.2 million. I've not seen models for other countries but it's clear that it must be in the tens of millions globally.

The point I was trying to make was that it's quite possible the "model" was way out.

If we are being honest, every prediction so far has been wrong.

'Experts' are guessing just as much as everyone else. They quite clearly have a hard on for an end of days type virus.

The mortality rate is nowhere near 1%

It’s 0.072% if we have had 47 deaths with 65000 infected. If we are to assume a 1% death rate then only 4700 in Scotland are infected.

If the number is anywhere near 65000 then why is it not killing Scottish people off at anywhere near the rate seen in Italy/Spain?

2 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

took more pages than I think any of us were expecting but this being his source is not in the least bit surprising.

Homeopathy. Homeopathy is a "treatment" based on the use of highly diluted substances, which practitioners claim can cause the body to heal itself.

If all our food , water and air  is contaminated in one way or another,  (as is often claimed) then we should all be immune to everything.  

TESB
ANH
R1
ROTJ
TFA
TLJ
SASWS
TROS
ROTS
TPM
AOTC

It's fucking close for The Rise Of Skywalker to dip below Revenge Of The Sith into one of the relegation spots, btw.
Its fucking close for me to come through there and take your lunch money off you if this keeps up

46 minutes ago, sparky88 said:

We can vaccinate against flu and it still infects 500,000,000 (which seems a ridiculous number but based on 0.1%)

Either the vaccinations are less effective than thought, a large chunk of people don't get vaccinated, or certain years have a flu variant that has a mortality rate similar to that of Covid-19 in under 50s, despite there being "a vaccine"

The absolute state of shite linesman and shite person Douglas Ross on GMS this morning. Claiming that Nicola Sturgeon should be keeping Scottish building sites open and not even willing to consider that the December 31st EU deal date should be delayed.