Coronavirus (COVID-19)

3 minutes ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

They should be then. The world shortage is the scariest thing that is happening right now. Apart from toilet roll and McEwan's Export, obviously.

Jigsaw producers should be key workers.

Jigsaws are dead easy.  I did the last one in only 10 minutes and it said on the box 2-4 years.

I’m struggling to understand why they’re saying this new “hospital” at the SEC will possibly need all those beds in 2 weeks. How can they expect more people to have it then rather than now when the lockdown has been in place for 3 weeks by then? Unless they’re blindly following the “2 weeks behind Italy” narrative

Are cases starting to slow?
Italy on track for reaching the peak in a few days?
Gutter for the media and the naysayers who just want to predict constant doom and gloom. 
EUYkI9gX0AI4kUp?format=jpg%26name=large&key=491bc0b96f2e7fdc548e4f0b387fc9a77dd76578cce1841e7b21223396fb7533
I'm amused by the fact that the US is so high, they've gone off the top of the chart. Does that make me a bad person?

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

And Irish.

I was unaware of this, thought it was still Inbev. Googled it and went down the rabbit hole.

Tennent Caledonian Breweries Wholesale,
the Irvine-based company, formerly Wallaces of Ayr Ltd and now a subsidiary of Irish drinks giant C&C Group, operates as a wholesaler and distributor of alcoholic drinks to the licensed trade.

Wallaces of Ayr Limited operates as a drinks wholesaler in Scotland.
Irvine, California, United States         
Industries
Food and Beverage
Headquarters Regions
Greater Los Angeles Area, West Coast, Western US
Founded Date

In April 2010, C&C announced it was selling its Spirits & Liqueurs division to Scottish distillers William Grant & Sons The largest selling brand is Tullamore Dew, the world's second largest selling Irish whiskey after Jameson

So, the 2nd largest selling Irish whiskey is Scottish.                Globalisation, dontcha just love it?               (Nope)

Surely the confirmed cases tracking is useless because some countries test everyone and some test hardly anyone.

The deaths one is the key one.

More interesting data would be people hospitalised or people in intensive care. Does that exist?

3 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I’m struggling to understand why they’re saying this new “hospital” at the SEC will possibly need all those beds in 2 weeks. How can they expect more people to have it then rather than now when the lockdown has been in place for 3 weeks by then? Unless they’re blindly following the “2 weeks behind Italy” narrative

They don't know yet if we'll manage to slow it down, there's a lag. The SEC is in case we don't.

43 minutes ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

I've skipped a lot of the thread, too much to read.

Have jigsaws been discussed yet? 

If doing one with a partner (easy now!) or somewhere else in your household is doing one, hide one piece and cut a bit off another.

2 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

5cffeb07e4fd5_tenor(2).gif.1c73afefc13973b2ece3b9f9f38a652f.gif

Come at me

14 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

They don't know yet if we'll manage to slow it down, there's a lag. The SEC is in case we don't.

How can there be a lag when people, well most people, have been social distancing? Nobody has been in pubs, restaurants, sports, concerts etc for over a week at least. Symptoms show around the 5-10 day mark and death follows relatively quickly after that 

Empire

Jedi

Rogue

Hope

Rise

Phantom

Last

Awakens

Solo

Revenge

Attack

f**k me, that was hard. Ask me again tomorrow and positions 2-10 will probably have changed.

15 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

If it was a case of EVERYTHING returning to normal by then, then yes. If it’s a case of lockdown until then and thereafter social distancing measures then no 

The tap will be turned back on the same way as it has been turned off. It will be subtle wee changes at first, then certain industries will start up, little by little.

We won't be social lepers by July. We will be able to go to shops a bit more freely soon as well.

This is the crucial month. Dig in, watch telly, w**k more often and stay safe. It's easy really.

21 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

They know something you don’t know 🎶