Coronavirus (COVID-19)

15 minutes ago, The OP said:

Well ahead of the curve in demonising the Chinese aliens. Most people back then would’ve made Middle Eastern aliens the baddies.

Nute Gunray is what Donald Trump sees in his mind's eye when he phones either Shinzo Abe or Xi Jinping.

ETA: Spelt it Newt originally. Apparently Lucas was literally basing this character on Newt Gingrich and not *gestures at East Asia*

Edited by NotThePars

3 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

He's not changed much since he started posting on here, tbh.

Racist, Sometimes.

Big Nose, No.

Slave Trader, I wish.

1 minute ago, MixuFixit said:

I'm sure you have but if you haven't, the Red Letter Media Mr Plinkett Review of TPM is an incredible piece of work.

They keep splicing in footage of Lucas inspecting a model of the alien with the huge dangling jowel & not twigging.

Is that the one that opens with "Stars Wars The Phantom Menace is the biggest disappointment since the birth of my son" or something similar? 

I haven't watched them in about a decade.

Anyone watching the BBC news just now would be shocked / outraged at the footage just shown of the "nightingale" hospital in London.
Social distancing ???
The NHS staff were all standing literally shoulder to shoulder cheering and clapping, the security and logistics people were all walking about in groups of four and five and the admin people were in the background talking literally face to face right next to each other.
So again, totally mixed messages and of course the media didn't make one mention of it.
My wife was watching this morning - they had staff from St George's Hospital in Tooting trying to win money (Schofield spinning the wheel).

Not one of them was any more than a metre apart.

The Phantom Menace is great you utter wallopers
I thought I'd give Star Wars a go with the lockdown. I'm struggling to get through this one though. I've had two sittings and still have about 50 minutes left. Hoping they pick up after this one. Though checking IMDb it's one of the lowest rated so I'm hopeful.

Polis/Council stopping people from buying Easter eggs down south as they're "not essential". Bars of chocolate fine though 👍 🤦‍♂️ 

If stuff is for sale in a shop that's allowed to be open then can we really be stopping people from buying it. The legislation doesn't mention specifics so too many people are able to make this up as they go along.

I thought I'd give Star Wars a go with the lockdown. I'm struggling to get through this one though. I've had two sittings and still have about 50 minutes left. Hoping they pick up after this one. Though checking IMDb it's one of the lowest rated so I'm hopeful.
Brace yourself for Attack of the Clones. Its fucking awful

33 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Only edged out by Watto.

32 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

He's not changed much since he started posting on here, tbh.

I actually thought he'd spelt it wrong, tbqh...

My partner works in George's hospital. I'll be sure to pass on the feedback.

My wife was watching this morning - they had staff from St George's Hospital in Tooting trying to win money (Schofield spinning the wheel).

Not one of them was any more than a metre apart.