Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 hours ago, virginton said:

The cold hard reality of the matter is that a rational cost-benefit analysis will be needed in a month's time, two month's time etc., to determine which social and economic restrictions should be lifted despite the fact that some more people might pick up the virus. I suspect that as soon as the government is highly confident that total deaths can be kept to something sane - perhaps that 20k figure mentioned by spokespeople at various times - then restrictions will be gradually removed and businesses encouraged to start up again.

You're right - there's no way this can go on with a complete lockdown beyond June, if that. We're effectively spending (or losing) vast sums of money per year of human life we're saving here. Given that we don't spend anything like that in our normal health policy spending (under any shade of government), there will have to be a more rational judgement at some point.

No one is stopping anyone thinking point you are ignoring is you think all you like you still need to toe the party line like the rest of us no matter how much you mean about it so ultimately a pointless thought process. You are as much a "sheep" and a slave to your perceived "police fascist state"as the next man.

On the contrary, I am still able to think for myself and try to get the facts out there.
The more that the truth gets out there, the more people will begin to hold the politicians to account.
You may be happy living in a fascist police state but I am most certainly not.

You're right - there's no way this can go on with a complete lockdown beyond June, if that. We're effectively spending (or losing) vast sums of money per year of human life we're saving here. Given that we don't spend anything like that in our normal health policy spending (under any shade of government), there will have to be a more rational judgement at some point.
That decision is already getting made by workplaces staying open.
Money before people.

Is there a limit on alcohol purchases in Scotland yet? Could be that that's getting introduced if there's any element of truth to the rumours. 

A per person limit has been in place here since last week. The reasoning is apparently to stop people getting wrecked every day and to cut down on domestic violence but the limits are still enough to get you absolutely hammered as well as the fact your partner can buy some or you could just go to another shop. 

They should limit the amount of videos British boxers can release on the internet to reduce domestic violence rates IMO.

This is one of the most terminally stupid posts I've ever read on here. I have no real issue with two folk sitting in the car together to go to their nearest shop as long as only one is going in for the shopping. It's not what I'd do, but I can understand the logic. I don't have an issue with two people going out a walk together - in fact we have done this a couple of times - it's probably good for you in terms of keeping things as "normal" as possible, although my wife has been getting annoyed about just how much of a wide berth I have given people.
However, choosing, in spite of all the evidence, to actually go in to the shops together is the height of selfishness. You are immediately making it harder for everyone else in that shop to keep their distance, and if you're the type of people that do that you're probably also the type who walk two abreast down the aisles or stand about with your trolley blocking the aisle having a discussion without even thinking about other customers.  Everyone there will think you are a pair of complete arseholes. When you're standing pondering your fucking cupcakes and blocking up the aisle, you are giving a fellow customer a moral quandary about whether to stand and wait for you or squeeze past and risk catching the disease off two people who are much more likely than average to have it because they're acting like fucking selfish imbeciles all the time.
Even a couple of weeks ago before these new regulations properly ramped up, when my wife and I went out an (essential) walk to drop food off for a vulnerable person and popped into the supermarkets on the way, one of us stood out in the car park and the other one went in. Somehow we managed to still get enough food to last us a week without facing any of those existential dilemmas you have posed about fucking red wine.
I might have let it slide if you hadn't then twice lowered the tone of the debate even further by comparing people who disagreed with you to Nazis. That singles you out as not just a wee bit selfish, but instead as a horrible fucking arsehole (or as you'd probably type it a "horrible fcuknig aresohle").
Post of the day.

3 hours ago, Jeremiah Cole said:

Where are all the stories about the mayhem in UK hospitals, line there were in Italy?

Guy I know told me that his 2 neighbours work in intensive care at the hospital in Paisley. They were off at the weekend. Apparently they’ve only got 1 guy in intensive care in paisley with coronavirus. He’s 86, just had a hip replacement and was already in intensive care.

That’s bollocks.

1 minute ago, Snafu said:

I've been out for more than 2 hours getting some groceries and during all that walking about not one police car sighted. ASDA Inverness only allowing a small number of people in at one time and they separate those coming in from those leaving. Stock starting to recover as well, managed to get everything needed. Its a bit more effort required than usual having to walk around with three bags of shopping as I won't use taxis now, still job done.

They're all out rebuilding Culloden's Wall to keep the caravans and mobile homes out.

This is one of the most terminally stupid posts I've ever read on here. I have no real issue with two folk sitting in the car together to go to their nearest shop as long as only one is going in for the shopping. It's not what I'd do, but I can understand the logic. I don't have an issue with two people going out a walk together - in fact we have done this a couple of times - it's probably good for you in terms of keeping things as "normal" as possible, although my wife has been getting annoyed about just how much of a wide berth I have given people.
However, choosing, in spite of all the evidence, to actually go in to the shops together is the height of selfishness. You are immediately making it harder for everyone else in that shop to keep their distance, and if you're the type of people that do that you're probably also the type who walk two abreast down the aisles or stand about with your trolley blocking the aisle having a discussion without even thinking about other customers.  Everyone there will think you are a pair of complete arseholes. When you're standing pondering your fucking cupcakes and blocking up the aisle, you are giving a fellow customer a moral quandary about whether to stand and wait for you or squeeze past and risk catching the disease off two people who are much more likely than average to have it because they're acting like fucking selfish imbeciles all the time.
Even a couple of weeks ago before these new regulations properly ramped up, when my wife and I went out an (essential) walk to drop food off for a vulnerable person and popped into the supermarkets on the way, one of us stood out in the car park and the other one went in. Somehow we managed to still get enough food to last us a week without facing any of those existential dilemmas you have posed about fucking red wine.
I might have let it slide if you hadn't then twice lowered the tone of the debate even further by comparing people who disagreed with you to Nazis. That singles you out as not just a wee bit selfish, but instead as a horrible fucking arsehole (or as you'd probably type it a "horrible fcuknig aresohle").

Great post but you didn’t pass comment on the heated cupcakes vs millionaire shortbread debate.

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Craigkillie has just dished out telt of 2020 IMO.

Utterly glorious. Not that it will stop the c***s c**t Pozbaird from endangering others’ lives so that he can choose a bottle of red wine with his partner, but enjoyable to see nonetheless.