Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Just now, Jack Burton said:

When I was up the supermarket at the start of last week they had the queue for social distancing outside but didn't really work inside.

Was still families of 4 or 5 cutting about or couples dithering about blocking the aisle or access to the shelf.

This @pozbaird - as Mixu said, it just seems a bit daft you're doing 90% of it and then not the other 10. Going for a walk is fine; you've got a much broader field of vision and can get out of folks' way; that's much harder in a supermarket full of dozy c***s. I know you'll say if one of you gets it then the other will anyway, but two folks instead of one means you're a physically bigger unit, so the chances of one of the dozy c***s potentially passing something on increase by double at least. 

1 minute ago, GordonS said:

This is a fantastically unlikely risk. If you're seriously taking that level of risk avoidance then you'd be cutting out cooking, showering, using knives and going upstairs first. 

Cooking, showering, using knives and going upstairs are all necessary, to various degrees.

Two folk going shopping when only one person needs to isn't necessary, to any degree.

4 minutes ago, GordonS said:

This is a fantastically unlikely risk. If you're seriously taking that level of risk avoidance then you'd be cutting out cooking, showering, using knives and going upstairs first. 

I'd definitely advise against exercise or DIY at home if Poz shopping with his missus is so heinous. 

Edited by ayrmad

1 minute ago, Marshmallo said:

You're purposely pointing to extreme examples of violations of government guidance to justify your own less severe violations of government advice.

"Two of us going to the shop, what about people organising parties?" is akin to "I'm only calling them feenyins, they beast weans!"

What about the day we drove down to the retail park, and while I nipped into M&S, Mrs Poz got the cat foot from Pets at Home and we got back into the car? I will seriously PM you my address, should you wish to report my actions to the authorities. Not a problem.

17 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Not when I’m reading some of the utter shite being posted on here by a couple of pains-in-the-arse it isn’t. Absolute fcuking roasters, lambasting  couples for doing the shopping, and going on about crashes.

Utter, utter fannies. IMHO. No-one need agree with me. 

I see your point but it's not Nazi stuff.

No one is talking of gassing millions of folk or invading countries, or carrying out horrendous experiments on vulnerable people or getting rid of elections etc.

5 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

He already said he is.

In my work today the older generation are still the issue regarding keeping distance.

Not much happening today as shop is fairly full and work is slowly going back to normal. Opening the shop later is pretty good. The ques outside the shop as people moan because they may be late for work as they come in for a meal deal....

In my shopping experiences lately it's been young women in their early twenties that are the worst. Was in Tesco today and a male employee reached around me to grab a sandwich for his lunch. No doubt just a bad apple.

This is like a longer term version of a problem from a few years ago where that volcano went off and none of the airlines would fly until one of them went f**k this and sent some flights up to see what would happen.

The governments will not let this drag on for months on end, I reckon boris will get his 4 or 5 conference centre hospitals up and running, wait for the peak of this thing and hopefully have some sort of testing programme in place. Then it'll be getting back to normal as quick as they can and we'll swallow the risk/loss of a number of the weak and elderly that will be deemed an acceptable level by the powers that be. 

1 minute ago, pozbaird said:

What about the day we drove down to the retail park, and while I nipped into M&S, Mrs Poz got the cat foot from Pets at Home and we got back into the car? I will seriously PM you my address, should you wish to report my actions to the authorities. Not a problem.

I have absolutely no issue with the Pets at Home activity you just described.

No one needs to be PM'ing addresses to anyone. Calm down. I think you're acting like a clown in some of your choices and I'm laying it on a bit thick but I'm not a grass. Take a deep breath.

Just now, DA Baracus said:

No one is talking of gassing millions of folk or invading countries, or carrying out horrendous experiments on vulnerable people or getting rid of elections etc.

....yet.

Who knows what might happen should two or three posters on here peer out of their ivory towers tomorrow and, heaven forbid, see a married couple nip into Nisa Local for tomato soup?

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Why not?

Edited by carpetmonster

3 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

A single foot? 

Just now, Marshmallo said:

I have absolutely no issue with the Pets at Home activity you just described.

No one needs to be PM'ing addresses to anyone. Calm down. I think you're acting like a clown in some of your choices and I'm laying it on a bit thick but I'm not a grass. Take a deep breath.

Aye, but surely... we could have been smashed by a speeding FedEX delivery van en route! 🙂

3 minutes ago, pub car king said:

This is like a longer term version of a problem from a few years ago where that volcano went off and none of the airlines would fly until one of them went f**k this and sent some flights up to see what would happen.

The governments will not let this drag on for months on end, I reckon boris will get his 4 or 5 conference centre hospitals up and running, wait for the peak of this thing and hopefully have some sort of testing programme in place. Then it'll be getting back to normal as quick as they can and we'll swallow the risk/loss of a number of the weak and elderly that will be deemed an acceptable level by the powers that be. 

Think you're right. Month of April is a write off, and I tend to think things will begin opening up again early May. However, time will tell.

According to the latest European monitoring report, overall mortality in all countries (including Italy) and in all age groups remains within or even below the normal range so far.
Yeah, gonna need a citation for that. Mind you, you never give sources for any of your other copypasta bs..