Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Just now, Marshmallo said:

You're the fanny if anyone is pal. Thinking you're some sort of martyr for freedom of movement because you're going against government advice by getting your wife to push the trolley so you can sit in the wee seat.

Why not fcuk off with Gaz. Go and sit at Strathclyde Park or somewhere and post outraged photos of parked cars.

Absolute NAP @pozbaird is over 50.

They seem to believe they have their own rules, while simultaneously blaming everyone younger for the lockdown getting more severe.

1 minute ago, pozbaird said:

Why not fcuk off with Gaz. Go and sit at Strathclyde Park or somewhere and post outraged photos of parked cars.

Can you pick me up on your way to the Lake District or wherever you and the Mrs have decided to go and pick up bread and go for a walk today?

4 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

You're the fanny if anyone is pal. Thinking you're some sort of martyr for freedom of movement because you're going against government advice by getting your wife to push the trolley so you can sit in the wee seat.

Marshy isn't having the greatest forum experience today.

Play nice now, it's going to be a long lockdown. 

Absolute NAP [mention=11339]pozbaird[/mention] is over 50.
They seem to believe they have their own rules, while simultaneously blaming everyone younger for the lockdown getting more severe.
He already said he is.

In my work today the older generation are still the issue regarding keeping distance.

Not much happening today as shop is fairly full and work is slowly going back to normal. Opening the shop later is pretty good. The ques outside the shop as people moan because they may be late for work as they come in for a meal deal....

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Absolute NAP @pozbaird is over 50.

I don’t have my own rules. The only people I have said on here that could be responsible for a more severe lockdown are those brazenly organising parties or gathering in parks in large groups. I am genuinely despairing at the outrage I am causing because once or twice a week, we go into a shop for ten minutes as a couple and buy our stuff.... and as I said, then go and do our once-a-day walk as a couple, before returning home. It’s almost like we are sticking two fingers up to everyone and saying fcuk you? Acting like nothing is happening? Not giving a flying fcuk?

Seriously!?

4 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Can you pick me up on your way to the Lake District or wherever you and the Mrs have decided to go and pick up bread and go for a walk today?

Wow. Just wow. The Lake District, eh? I rest my case. Away fcuk yourself.

7 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

What do we gain from doing this? We gain the ability to only leave the house once. We combine being out for the shopping with going for our walk at the nearby Broadwood Loch, or the pond between the shops and Condorrat. While at the shops, we are quicker packing and paying, and getting out the shop again. Thus letting someone from the queue outside (should there be one) get in. We gain the ability to behave normally, for example, going up the aisle, and saying ‘ach, fancy a pack of those four cupcakes’, ‘nah, you chose last time, I fancy the millionaires shortbread.’. You know, normal happily married couple trivial shit that helps keep things seem a bit more normal in these far from normal times.  We can jointly choose a red wine we fancy, I can lift the heavier things.... I’ll leave it there.

Any more stupid fcuking questions? Nazi.

It's quite amusing actually, we seem to have gone from "it's just the flu" and "bloody hell, how ridiculous is this" to "don't go to Tesco or take the Dug oot or you could die and kill millions of others" in the space of about a week.

The reality of the situation probably lies somewhere in the middle. 

Ironically lots of us could already have been infected with this BEFORE the Gov changed tack and we could have been infecting folk left, right and centre over the past few weeks before anyone thought about the sheer folly of going with your partner to do the shopping !!

If people on here are truly worried and truly outraged, then maybe they should be directing that outrage at the Government and those who advised following the "herd immunity" model rather than picking on a few innocent posters ???

For what it's worth, I don't believe you're doing anything that deserves being thrown in a dungeon or a firing squad at dawn and for most of us, using our common sense and observing the social distancing rules should be more than enough and keep us all safe, God willing. (or until the advice changes gain).....

When I was up the supermarket at the start of last week they had the queue for social distancing outside but didn't really work inside.

Was still families of 4 or 5 cutting about or couples dithering about blocking the aisle or access to the shelf.

Just now, pozbaird said:

I don’t have my own rules. The only people I have said on here that could be responsible for a more severe lockdown are those brazenly organising parties or gathering in parks in large groups. I am genuinely despairing at the outrage I am causing because once or twice a week, we go into a shop for ten minutes as a couple and buy our stuff.... and as I said, then go and do our once-a-day walk as a couple, before returning home. It’s almost like we are sticking two fingers up to everyone and saying fcuk you? Acting like nothing is happening? Not giving a flying fcuk?

Seriously!?

You're purposely pointing to extreme examples of violations of government guidance to justify your own less severe violations of government advice.

"Two of us going to the shop, what about people organising parties?" is akin to "I'm only calling them feenyins, they beast weans!"

1 minute ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

The reaction on here to someone going to the shop with the wife is unreal.

Apparently, one step removed from acting like Harold Shipman or Jimmy Saville. I admit it got me angry, and I’d like to apologise for some of the language I resorted to. 

3 hours ago, Gaz said:

But it's about minimising risk.

Every time you go out in the car, you take the risk that you could be t-boned by someone else flying through a red light.

If that happens, and emergency services have to attend, then there's two of you that have to be rescued, not one.

This is a fantastically unlikely risk. If you're seriously taking that level of risk avoidance then you'd be cutting out cooking, showering, using knives and going upstairs first. 

3 hours ago, jagfox99 said:

Might be worth checking as some folk have been ripping off old folk during the crisis.

Not sure if you have a local Facebook page or something or even ask local police service on Twitter.

As said previously  go with your instinct I guess?

Never thought of that. Ta.

When I was up the supermarket at the start of last week they had the queue for social distancing outside but didn't really work inside.

Was still families of 4 or 5 cutting about or couples dithering about blocking the aisle or access to the shelf.
We are paying people to go around the shop to tell people to watch out for social distancing.
Ridiculous