Coronavirus (COVID-19)

4 minutes ago, Gaz said:

What possible bearing does you being involved in a car accident in the past have on the risk of being involved in one in the future?

Have you ever heard of the motor insurance industry? It is almost entirely based around assessing the likelihood that someone will be in a car accident. Being in one puts your premium up. Why do you think that is?

Edited by The OP

I get the impression that some folk are thinking they're some sort of hard and cool rebel by not following the government guidelines.

Not necessarily on here mind, but across various platforms there seems to be loads of examples.

13 minutes ago, coprolite said:

The guy that did the study said that the annual population mortality rate would be basically unchanged. 

That's the point, it's not about the total death rate, it's about people lying in corridors unable to breathe in the Bergamo hospital because they all came in at once. And people with ordinary health problems being unable to get treatment. Slowing it down should avoid that, it won't stop lots of people dying, they always do. Hopefully far less than it could be though if it's slowed down enough.

Edited by welshbairn

1 minute ago, MixuFixit said:

What do you gain from doing this?

What do we gain from doing this? We gain the ability to only leave the house once. We combine being out for the shopping with going for our walk at the nearby Broadwood Loch, or the pond between the shops and Condorrat. While at the shops, we are quicker packing and paying, and getting out the shop again. Thus letting someone from the queue outside (should there be one) get in. We gain the ability to behave normally, for example, going up the aisle, and saying ‘ach, fancy a pack of those four cupcakes’, ‘nah, you chose last time, I fancy the millionaires shortbread.’. You know, normal happily married couple trivial shit that helps keep things seem a bit more normal in these far from normal times.  We can jointly choose a red wine we fancy, I can lift the heavier things.... I’ll leave it there.

Any more stupid fcuking questions? Nazi.

3 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

What do we gain from doing this? We gain the ability to only leave the house once. We combine being out for the shopping with going for our walk at the nearby Broadwood Loch, or the pond between the shops and Condorrat. While at the shops, we are quicker packing and paying, and getting out the shop again. Thus letting someone from the queue outside (should there be one) get in. We gain the ability to behave normally, for example, going up the aisle, and saying ‘ach, fancy a pack of those four cupcakes’, ‘nah, you chose last time, I fancy the millionaires shortbread.’. You know, normal happily married couple trivial shit that helps keep things seem a bit more normal in these far from normal times.  We can jointly choose a red wine we fancy, I can lift the heavier things.... I’ll leave it there.

That's absolutely unreal. Proper boomer attitude on display. "I'm normal so will do what we want, not what we're told. You're a Nazi if you follow government advice"

I blame the government for being unclear in many cases but you're just pig headed in the extreme.

It's not meant to be "normal" just now. You don't need two folk in the shop. The virus transmits human to human. I'll take getting into the shop 5 minutes later if it means you're not having your wife pack bags for you.

6 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

You're at the wind-up. Have to be.

Just now, DA Baracus said:

That Nazi patter is abysmal

Not when I’m reading some of the utter shite being posted on here by a couple of pains-in-the-arse it isn’t. Absolute fcuking roasters, lambasting  couples for doing the shopping, and going on about crashes.

Utter, utter fannies. IMHO. No-one need agree with me. 

2 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

I'm not really seeing it like that. I'm seeing it as people deciding they know better and doing things that aren't essential and, I suppose, looking for people to agree with them here to validate their own sense of control over their situation. But we don't have control and every "wee minor thing with hardly any chance of spreading anything" multiplied daily by billions of individual actions will lead to a non-trivial number of people losing their lives needlessly.

2 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

That's absolutely unreal. Proper boomer attitude on display. "I'm normal so will do what we want, not what we're told. You're a Nazi if you follow government advice"

I blame the government for being unclear in many cases but you're just pig headed in the extreme.

It's not meant to be "normal" just now. You don't need two folk in the shop. The virus transmits human to human. I'll take getting into the shop 5 minutes later if it means you're not having your wife pack bags for you.

More OTT shite. You have previous mind you. There’s about three of you in here, just being absolute fannies.

1 minute ago, pozbaird said:

More OTT shite. You have previous mind you. There’s about three of you in here, just being absolute fannies.

You're the fanny if anyone is pal. Thinking you're some sort of martyr for freedom of movement because you're going against government advice by getting your wife to push the trolley so you can sit in the wee seat.

2 minutes ago, Gaz said:

You're at the wind-up. Have to be.

100% not. You and a couple of others on here need to have a look at yourself. We are obeying the government instructions as much as possible. If you want to attack me.... for doing our shopping as a couple?

Just go fcuk yourself. Seriously, just fcuk right off.

Just now, pozbaird said:

100% not. You and a couple of others on here need to have a look at yourself. We are obeying the government instructions as much as possible. If you want to attack me.... for doing our shopping as a couple?

Just go fcuk yourself. Seriously, just fcuk right off.

Can you explain to me how two people going out for the shopping when one person is capable of doing it by themself is obeying the government instructions to avoid unnecessary journeys as much as possible?

5 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Make a list, go round quickly, buy what's on the list and you miss out on all the dawdling thinking about what to buy which I can assure you is more frustrating than queuing up to get in.

A couple quibbling about what cakes or biscuits to buy while I'm trying to keep my distance and get in and out ASAP would bring the charge down from murder to manslaughter imo.

Edited by welshbairn

I quite like this thread, it has offered a combination of fact, opinion and banter - plus some specular predictions!

I hope it’s not going to go the way of BRALT because a handful of posters want to continually pop back and forward at each other.