Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, Jack Burton said:
49 minutes ago, pozbaird said:
I can only go by my own experience in Cumbernauld, and my experience is, that the first day aside, the shops here are absolutely quieter than normal, by some considerable distance. I don’t think residents of Cumbernauld are super-duper at staying home or observing social distancing rules better than other places. Maybe we’re just lucky that we are well spread out, with lots and lots of shopping choices that are still open to go around our population. Two Tescos, two M&S, a big Asda, the new Broadwood retail park, plus smaller independent butchers and bakers. I don’t know. Clearly things appear different in different places around Scotland. 

There has been big queues outside the Asda and Tesco up the Town Centre fairly regularly.

No doubt, no doubt at all. Just my experience at the times I’ve personally been. Guaranteed to be queues next time I go, after opening my big gob!

If Sweden isn’t in lockdown, and if Sweden is just emerging from ‘hibernation’, and if the Swedes have a fitba’ season, then there’s Swedish fitba’ fans. Please make it so.

7CF23A28-F24C-4E76-9A49-CBE80ED3E431.thumb.jpeg.00f5ebdb6e7d985751d37a98b01793ba.jpeg

Well, of course, yes.

I think it's not going to happen though. Infection has been steadily increasing through March as more people start to come out. The government last week bringing in the first control measures (no gatherings of more than 50 people). So your right hand workout will be without some stimulus from there.

Quite sure we will see a steady increase in infections and measures in Sweden soon enough. Maybe they have been like Europe to Asia, UK to Italy. pointing and laughing and not worrying about it impacting then.

Not sure holding Sweden or any other country as an example pro or con right now doesn't make any sense.

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

If Sweden isn’t in lockdown, and if Sweden is just emerging from ‘hibernation’, and if the Swedes have a fitba’ season, then there’s Swedish fitba’ fans. Please make it so.

7CF23A28-F24C-4E76-9A49-CBE80ED3E431.jpeg

wid,wid.wid,wid,widnae,wid,wid,wid,wid,

wid                              wid

Wake up Sheeple! Despite some of the pundits claiming this world extravaganza is producing games worthy of the Betfair cup. There has clearly been some sinitilating performances of late, particularly from the US and Italy who trailblaze ahead of everyone else. It certainly is shaping up to be a right head to head with these two giant killing nations.

The UK, get their noses infront of the 'best of the rest' pack but have some way to go to get themselves into contention.

The western nations really showing the Asian how it is done now. Only one Asian nation remain in the top 10 and 2 in the top 20. The dedication of the west and first World needs clearly help in the preparation for such a tournament.

Maslow's Hierarchy of basic needs may need to be redrawn now.

3 hours ago, BillyAnchor said:

Several reports that John Prine is critical with it.

That's a shame, I used to really like The League of Gentleman. 678561668_images(64).jpeg.0517ab2c9f9c044f9c5ef4b88e9b47bb.jpeg

Spoiler

1474819713_images(65).jpeg.eada30be6ef2599444e9277a7778c067.jpeg

Edited by Dee Man

All jokes aside, every time I hear the death count, it gives me the absolute fear - if I catch it, I'll probably have an absolute c**t of a week or two with a b*****d of a flu, and I may even shuffle off - too bad. for me. 

Hearing local stories, though, of grimmer than usual funeral scenes for folk who were vulnerable.

Shan SHAN times.

Stay safe, you c***s. 

On 26/03/2020 at 07:11, tree house tam said:

Still here pal. Burd is 7 and a bit months pregnant so if worst comes to worst it should be a simple 1 in 1 out scenario. I'll make sure he's (it's a boy) taken to Mcdiarmid by his brothers.

Breathing not changed any, still fairly difficult but not at passing out stage just yet, feel like a twat phoning the NHS but needs must and I'll be doing that today.

Not gonna lie, I’m a bit concerned about tree house tam. He hasn’t made a post since this one. Hope the big man’s OK. 

20 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Apparently there are still 20 flights a day from New York to London with no one being checked meanwhile the Police are telling a few people in the park to disperse.

Flights from Italy and Iran are still arriving in London but I've got no idea of the screening process. 

In other news, does the Italian ICU doctor who has gone viral playing Queen's 'Don't Stop Me Now' on the piano after his shift realise that the lyrics are, "Don't stop me now, I'm having such a good time" , and also contains the lyrics, "I'm like a satellite, I'm out of control"? Seems a strange choice of song in the circumstances, unless of course he's playing it from the point of view of the virus. 

https://www.wantedinmilan.com/news/italian-doctor-plays-dont-stop-me-now-at-the-end-of-his-covid-19-shift.html