Coronavirus (COVID-19)

11 hours ago, bennett said:

Surely they've tested the entire cabinet, looks like they're dropping like flies.

Part of me would rather get it and just get it over with, that's if it's true that you can build a resistance to it.

30 million letters, great use of resources. 

On the 30 million letters Our local MSP was on the radio today trying to get junk mail banned as it increased the risk to postal workers  Hopefully their union will make it clear to the government that they will not be delivering them

55 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

This is how i see it too.

I get that the official advice might end up being more specific because too many people are ignorant - but there's a level of informed common sense at play.

I would still drive to a football field so that my two kids can 40 mins or so to run about properly and play some football stuff games.

The lack of social distancing in queues for chemists and in supermarkets and stuff is a much bigger problem.

I've not seen any packed work pictures for a while so hopefully they've got that under control.

None of this is easy, either for the population or for the authorities.

Folk being overly - judgmental about others for very minor discretions is unhelpful.

What chance have we got if this is the attitude?

You asked why not to drive somewhere to exercise 

You were given plenty reasons why not to

You've now said you would drive to let your weans play football despite being told why that should not be the case

You've pointed to "aye but the supermarket queues" whataboutery to justify your own personal preferences 

Bending the rules to do whatever you fancy doing is far more "unhelpful" than folk calling out examples of crap behaviour 

1 minute ago, Angusfifer said:

That Boris Johnson letter will be getting re-sent out of the letter box as soon as it arrives

I genuinely don't understand this. Earlier on I thought it was an open letter, to be published in newspapers, but from listening to the radio it seems to be an actual letter that's getting posted to 30m+ households? Have I misunderstood something, is this not the case? I'm sure Royal Mail are fucking loving having that burden upon them right now of all times.

33,887 people have died and tested positive for coronavirus.

Leaving aside those who would have died anyway, the death toll stands at 11,295

Meanwhile around 350,000 people have died with the flu with around 150,000 of those deaths directly caused by the flu according to the WHO

5 coronavirus deaths in Sweden today where there is no lockdown

10 minutes ago, Angusfifer said:

That Boris Johnson letter will be getting re-sent out of the letter box as soon as it arrives

Too right, do you think he’s licked the envelope shut 

3 hours ago, jagfox99 said:

How’s that for a start! 🤔

Exactly the kind of ‘hot spot’ for walking I am trying to avoid. See also, Kelpies, Falkirk Wheel, Largs - three places I usually go. Largs is definitely out obviously. Not going to drive that far to walk without a Nardini’s knickerbocker glory at the end of it anyway. I am a broken record, but I don’t care. I’m not responsible for the actions of others. The folk in that photo - at least I get it. They have nothing else to do, so went for a walk. Strathclyde Park is a big place. In their cars, perfect social distancing from everyone. Walking around - should be fine too. These folk are hardly hardened criminals. I don’t agree with their choice of venue, but neither do I think they should be named and shamed.

The party organisers are just cnuts, pure and simple. No excuses.

I have no figures. You have no figures. We do not know what percentage of the British public are being utter cnuts, or maybe just making slightly questionable decisions about walking destinations.

Just hope the cnuts don’t make things worse for the majority.

Edited by pozbaird

2 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:

Surely all of that only goes to prove they are a couple of weeks behind the UK. Probability is they will be in our position soon enough. What's the point of trying to "prove" to yourself virtually every expert and world leader is wrong. We are where we are, this is what's happening whether you approve or not. Really struggling to see you point here. No amount of your cut and paste stuff is going to change things, utterly futile behaviour.

Why would Sweden be two weeks behind us? 

If you are happy being a sheeple and living in a fascist police state with no evidence for the need for it then that’s up to you 

I prefer to think for myself 

1 minute ago, Jeremiah Cole said:

Why would Sweden be two weeks behind us? 

If you are happy being a sheeple and living in a fascist police state with no evidence for the need for it then that’s up to you 

I prefer to think for myself 

Surely sheeple is plural?

1 minute ago, pozbaird said:

The party organisers are just cnuts, pure and simple. No excuses.

I have no figures. You have no figures. We do not know what percentage of the British public are being utter cnuts

Just hope the cnuts don’t make things worse for the majority.

you’re the biggest cunt of all you pathetic loser! 

3 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

I reckon I see it more from a supermarket point of you than say you do . So only on that basis it's been pretty busy last few weeks. To the point we have more staff that are off sick . 

To the point we have changed times for the shop opening and how many people come into the store because people are still carrying on like normal.

Supermarkets in Cumbernauld I’ve been to are definitely a lot quieter than normal. Hugely. Initially, five days ago,  immediately following BoJo’s increased lockdown announcement, Tesco saw a leap. A big queue. Since that first day though? Very quiet. I see no signs of people just going about as normal. Not in the way they shop, not in the way they are living the rest of their lives.

Maybe in big cities it’s different. More people. More crowded. Less space.