Coronavirus (COVID-19)

14 minutes ago, Jeremiah Cole said:

What is the rate of transmission of CV between individuals walking past each other outside?

Dont have those figures to hand mate. I do know that fewer people that go out and about, the number of new infections will decrease, and the strain on the NHS will be lessened. 

It's possible to have reservations about the curtailment of our freedoms yet understand that they are necessary for a short while to enable the health care systems to cope and fewer people to die before their time btw. 

4 minutes ago, madwullie said:

Dont have those figures to hand mate. I do know that fewer people that go out and about, the number of new infections will decrease, and the strain on the NHS will be lessened. 

How many new infections will it decrease by? 

Why aren’t the rate of infections in Sweden, where there is no lockdown, ramping up way ahead of Denmark? 

Edited by Jeremiah Cole

3 minutes ago, Jeremiah Cole said:

Why aren’t the rate of infections in Sweden, where there is no lockdown, ramping up way ahead of Denmark? 

I'm not an expert mate, I'm just getting info from NHS workers in icu who are unable to cope with the influx of patients and looking at available data from other countries a little further along the time line to work out what is likely to work for us. 

Do you think sweden is a success story whose model we should be following? How far into their timeline are they? 

My elderly neighbor always slams his windows shut late at night, but I managed to get him back today.

He hadn't left the house for about a week (I knew he was alive as I could hear him shutting his windows) until this morning, going to do a shop I guess.

I rang the police to say that this was the third time he had left the house today and he was back outside his house within ten minutes courtesy the back of a police car.

7 minutes ago, Jeremiah Cole said:

We've got a live one

I've just been doing some reading about Sweden. They have had a sharp rise in deaths and cases recently but the "success" of their model (obviously far far too early to come to conclusions about long term efficacy) appears to be that people trust the public authorities and follow advice when given it, rather than looking for ways around it to f**k the system because they don't trust a word the authorities say and think that advice only applies to other people and really means that they can actually just do whatever they want to do. 

Edited by madwullie

I think it's time for the authorities to give a "come out of your house your lifted" unless is to the shops or the chemist type warning. People are obviously just carrying on like there's nothing happening.

I'll leave it to p&b to work out the finer details of this

10 minutes ago, Steve_Wilkos said:

My elderly neighbor always slams his windows shut late at night, but I managed to get him back today.

He hadn't left the house for about a week (I knew he was alive as I could hear him shutting his windows) until this morning, going to do a shop I guess.

I rang the police to say that this was the third time he had left the house today and he was back outside his house within ten minutes courtesy the back of a police car.

skysports-lee-wallace-rangers-sky-sports_4107026.jpg

We’ve been pretty steady at around two thirds of where Italy was 2 weeks ago for about a week now

Following the same trend will see excess deaths due to coronavirus reach approaching 40% of the excess deaths caused by the flu in 14/15 and 99/00.

Yeh, coronavirus is nothing like the flu

It’s less deadly and it’s not killing children

https://blockclubchicago.org/2020/03/28/infant-among-47-now-dead-from-coronavirus-in-illinois-today-is-a-really-hard-day/

26 minutes ago, Jeremiah Cole said:

BTW the popuation density of Sweden is something like 64 people per square mile and Denmark is like 340-odd so that might have something to do with it too. What do you think? 

15 minutes ago, Romeo said:

I think it's time for the authorities to give a "come out of your house your lifted" unless is to the shops or the chemist type warning. People are obviously just carrying on like there's nothing happening.

I'll leave it to p&b to work out the finer details of this

Right ye’ are. House arrest unless you need food or your prescription. Genuinely, you are advocating this and being serious about it, or just looking for bites?

Please tell me it’s just for the bites. I’d have more respect if it was.

Edited by pozbaird

37 minutes ago, Jeremiah Cole said:

We’ve been pretty steady at around two thirds of where Italy was 2 weeks ago for about a week now

Following the same trend will see excess deaths due to coronavirus reach approaching 40% of the excess deaths caused by the flu in 14/15 and 99/00.

Yeh, coronavirus is nothing like the flu

It’s less deadly and it’s not killing children

I'm thinking you wouldn't have been overjoyed at the latest Gov update then ?

Another 6 Months estimated lockdown and possibly longer ???

32 minutes ago, Jeremiah Cole said:

Sweden’s population density is 25 per sq km.

England’s is 430 per sq km.

i think the Swedes can afford to be a bit more relaxed.

7 minutes ago, madwullie said:

BTW the popuation density of Sweden is something like 64 people per square mile and Denmark is like 340-odd so that might have something to do with it too. What do you think? 

Do you think the population density in Stockholm and Malmo is different to Copenhagen and Odense?

The big bits where no one lives aren't relevant. 

Right ye’ are. House arrest unless you need food or your prescription. Genuinely, you are advocating this and being serious about it, or just looking for bites?
Please tell me it’s just for the bites. I’d have more respect if it was.
We are not doing as we are told.
Do not go up the hills and hurt yourself and expect to get any sort of help.
The PM is sending a letter out to the nation to "stay indoors "
People will do whatever they want still.

Just now, G_Man1985 said:

We are not doing as we are told.
Do not go up the hills and hurt yourself and expect to get any sort of help.
The PM is sending a letter out to the nation to "stay indoors "
People will do whatever they want still.

‘We are not doing as we are told’

How many of us? A percentage figure of the UK population please. I don’t know. Do you?