Coronavirus (COVID-19)

3 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Just back from Farmfoods, Aldi and Asda, it's like a Sunday late evening amount of folk, plenty available, especially Farmfoods. That's me got 2 weeks worth of stuff so we don't have to go out again.

Would have went to Tesco but I got everything I needed for a fraction of Tescos current prices. 

Plus I didn't want a hiding from you for coming into the shop! 😄

That has the same effect as panic buying.

13 minutes ago, Jeremiah Cole said:

This isn’t a court of law. I don’t need to trawl through posts on black & white army.

you know what you posted and I know what you posted

it highlighted exactly the type of odious character that you are mr hard man

now away and crawl back under your rock 

Haaaa. What an absolute roaster. Come on, let’s see my posts about Syrians made on B&W Army. 

9 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Just back from Farmfoods, Aldi and Asda, it's like a Sunday late evening amount of folk, plenty available, especially Farmfoods. 

😄

I got 'chicken tenders' from Farmfoods a couple of weeks back just for a quick bite on a wrap after backshifts.

It's like Chewing a bouncy ball. Repugnant. 

Just now, Melanius Mullarkey said:

I normally buy a couple of weeks worth at a time normally. 

Same here.

Strange how quickly folk are trying to shame others just now tbh, seems like no matter what you do you're part of some problem.

On 22/01/2020 at 09:43, staggy1929 said:

this'll all blow over fairly quickly, Bird flu and Ebola were another two 'apocalypse' diseases that don't seem to get any media coverage now.

On 22/01/2020 at 10:13, MixuFixit said:

This seems even less scary than SARS. China is huge and 9 folk have died? So f**k. Probably 10000 folk were hit by cars there yesterday and nobody is ripping up the roads.

On 25/01/2020 at 09:59, Dee Man said:

Hardly surprising that everyone is just going to go about their business as normal as the chances of catching it are incredibly small. SARS killed 800 people in total while the common flu kills tens of thousands of people each year. 

Some amount of hysteria being whipped up here. 

Genuine apologies to you guys, could have been any of us. Just decided to start reading the thread up to the end of January and these jumped out.

Not claiming any high ground, I'm sure I'm just as mistaken elsewhere.

On 28/01/2020 at 17:55, The Skelpit Lug said:

To stop folk panicking they should give the virus nice names like they do for storms. Maybe Charles virus for this one, Daphne for the next one. 

So with they'd called it Charles now...

9 minutes ago, cyderspaceman said:

That has the same effect as panic buying.

It doesn’t really have the same effect as normal grocery shopping will be buying lots of different items so taking just a little bit of each thing and there will still be some left for others. Panic buying is more hoarding lots of the same item (toilet rolls, pasta) reducing stock more quickly and meaning nobody else can get any. 

1 hour ago, stuartsmfc said:

How's your crack and smack habit? Still robbing grannies? You do know the police are after you for stealing that Morton's roll van, probably you and your pals are the ones out trying car doors and threatening to stab people in the early hours too...lay off the blues 

Delicious.

I love football — Ribery's reaction to getting a pat on the head ...

Well that’s me not fucked at least....

5EA79217-ADE1-4875-BDE0-01F9A16B0455.thumb.jpeg.521042ee97c1cbd495b09ae647c5c5e8.jpeg

It’d be completely inconsiderate to yourself not to at least use those for a couple of posh ‘uns.

I haven't heard anyone say so officially, and I've heard at least one person in authority say the opposite. Can I ask where you've got that from?

It’s been stated by the government and now various police forces nationwide requesting people stay local to exercise. 

I’d be interested to hear what position of ‘authority’ the person who’s said ‘the opposite’ to you is in? 

Regardless; poor advice and slavering pish. Or didn’t say that at all. 

ETA: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52062209

8 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Not at all, I don't plan on going out for 2 weeks and only bought enough to do us. We usually buy a weeks worth at a time.

Yip.  Shortages only occur when people deviate from their normal shopping pattern.

Plenty of c***s doon the Strathy this afternoon parking up on the kerb, walking their dogs, not following social distancing guidelines, generally being arseholes. Someone just posted a video of it on Hamilton news stand. Pretty gutting to see tbh, sitting in the house as I have been for 2 weeks believing I'm doing my bit and were all in this together etc