Coronavirus (COVID-19)

5 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I've started shopping at ASDA, much better experience. I'd have said ASDA was the 'scummier' supermarket out of the 2 until I've read your experiences.

Been to ASDA twice, managed to get the food I wanted, everyone was well behaved and there was a nice wee system. 

Apart from asda workers constantly gossiping and not working very fast,

Aldi and Lidl are your best choices imo.

I know theres a lot of doom about the lockdown etc but it surely makes no sense to keep the measures past the peak. Surely theres got to be a bit of loosening to let the virus spread about a bit in a controllable manner too? I mean, it seems stupid to maintain a full lockdown when the case numbers start to dwindle. Surely you want it to spread at a low rate?

I live in quite a decent area of Inverness, all the houses in the street are privately bought, and everyone seems sound enough, the ones we ever see anyway.

Right across the road is a family with 3 boys, all primary school age.  Anyway since last Monday they have had folk visiting them every day, even as I type this there is a car parked at their house and the owner is clearly inside.  The 2 oldest boy's dad has been round twice to see his boys and an elderly man has been round once.

Don't get me wrong, their sound to speak to, but you can just tell they'd be the first to complain about a complete lockdown. Indeed the dad that lives there told me once that he had the council remove the dogshit bin as he hated folk walking past with dogs and to the wee park at the end of the street.  They have a dog themselves.

I went for a run today near my house where I normally go and it is usually dead quiet - today it was pretty packed and I had to dodge all these random old folk. If I’d taken the car instead and gone somewhere slightly further but more remote I imagine I would come across barely anybody. I’m not a frail wee dweeb so wouldn’t trip and have to go to hospital with a sore ankle.

1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

I live in quite a decent area of Inverness, all the houses in the street are privately bought, and everyone seems sound enough, the ones we ever see anyway.

Right across the road is a family with 3 boys, all primary school age.  Anyway since last Monday they have had folk visiting them every day, even as I type this there is a car parked at their house and the owner is clearly inside.  The 2 oldest boy's dad has been round twice to see his boys and an elderly man has been round once.

Don't get me wrong, their sound to speak to, but you can just tell they'd be the first to complain about a complete lockdown. Indeed the dad that lives there told me once that he had the council remove the dogshit bin as he hated folk walking past with dogs and to the wee park at the end of the street.  They have a dog themselves.

I reckon they're dealing.

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I know theres a lot of doom about the lockdown etc but it surely makes no sense to keep the measures past the peak. Surely theres got to be a bit of loosening to let the virus spread about a bit in a controllable manner too? I mean, it seems stupid to maintain a full lockdown when the case numbers start to dwindle. Surely you want it to spread at a low rate?

Would love to know the scientific basis behind any of the drivel in this post.

My neighbours and another neighbour from 4 doors up are painting a fence. Now 4 other family members, including 2 kids, have decided to visit "because its a nice day". They just don't fucking get it.

2 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

^^ 340?cb=20110822195522

Dr Peter Goetzsche is Professor of Clinical Research Design and Analysis at the University of Copenhagen and founder of the Cochrane Medical Collaboration. He has written several books on corruption in the field of medicine and the power of big pharmaceutical companies.

What he says:

Our main problem is that no one will ever get in trouble for measures that are too draconian. They will only get in trouble if they do too little. So, our politicians and those working with public health do much more than they should do.

No such draconian measures were applied during the 2009 influenza pandemic, and they obviously cannot be applied every winter, which is all year round, as it is always winter somewhere. We cannot close down the whole world permanently.

Should it turn out that the epidemic wanes before long, there will be a queue of people wanting to take credit for this. And we can be damned sure draconian measures will be applied again next time. But remember the joke about tigers. “Why do you blow the horn?” “To keep the tigers away.” “But there are no tigers here.” “There you see!”

'We all have to stay in the house because some people were RUINING IT FOR EVERYONE ' is as specious an argument as the 'panic buyers caused supermarkets to run out of stock'. The government was always going to impose a lockdown in the same way that the inability of the supply chain to meet demand was always going to lead to shops running out of bog roll.

Less than seven days in and people are already hunting for individual scapegoats - fuelled of course by social media and the tabloid press - and acting like the best shills an authoritarian regime could ever hope for. Another twelve weeks of this is not going to be pretty.

Edited by vikingTON

1 minute ago, Jeremiah Cole said:

Dr Peter Goetzsche is Professor of Clinical Research Design and Analysis at the University of Copenhagen and founder of the Cochrane Medical Collaboration. He has written several books on corruption in the field of medicine and the power of big pharmaceutical companies.

What he says:

Our main problem is that no one will ever get in trouble for measures that are too draconian. They will only get in trouble if they do too little. So, our politicians and those working with public health do much more than they should do.

No such draconian measures were applied during the 2009 influenza pandemic, and they obviously cannot be applied every winter, which is all year round, as it is always winter somewhere. We cannot close down the whole world permanently.

Should it turn out that the epidemic wanes before long, there will be a queue of people wanting to take credit for this. And we can be damned sure draconian measures will be applied again next time. But remember the joke about tigers. “Why do you blow the horn?” “To keep the tigers away.” “But there are no tigers here.” “There you see!”

So, let me get this straight, You honestly believe that Our TORY Government are quite happy to destroy our economy and put us straight into a recession just so they can keep people in the house for a couple of weeks ?

Can you explain why ?

What's their motivation ?

What is the motivation of almost every Government in the world ?

2 minutes ago, Jeremiah Cole said:

What he says:

Head down to your local Hospital Emergency, remember to take theProfessors books with you.

Good Luck!

2 minutes ago, Jeremiah Cole said:

What he says:

This isn't influenza though,that's why there are flu jabs every year.This is a virus,a new one.