Coronavirus (COVID-19)

6 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

If you can find anywhere I've said people shouldn't be out in their gardens that would be great.

What I do object to is playing rounds of golf, driving out to lochs for "exercise", or ambling round retail parks cause the wean is doing your head in.

If people with gardens can stay in them I won't have to dodge as many muppets when I'm out running so I approve.

Edited by Detournement

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

Apparently the CDC in the US are going to change advice regarding wearing masks, to recommend that they should be worn if possible.

Any P&Bers wearing a face mask when out and about?

My mate who's a doctor told me to buy surgical masks of amazon early on in this. 10 for £8, they are cheap shit looking things, not had to go into a shop since they arrived but if I need to go to a supermarket I will.

Seen this elswhere. The US is fucked.

This picture is from 3pm today.

You can see exactly where Duval County ends and St. John’s County begins.

All beaches in Duval are closed, while St. John’s only blocked parking at the beach.

Gov. DeSantis needs to order a state-wide closure of all Florida beaches.

EUOKePvXQAAdbgy?format=jpg&name=small

If you can find anywhere I've said people shouldn't be out in their gardens that would be great.
What I do object to is playing rounds of golf, driving out to lochs for "exercise", or ambling round retail parks cause the wean is doing your head in.
I'm not having a dig here, genuine question.

But why are they discouraging driving somewhere to get exercise?

I understand shutting all access to hot spots but surely getting away a bit and not having any contact with anyone in the countryside isn't bad?

The roads are very very quiet so it's not about keeping roads clear.

Is it all about the virus possibly being in your car? I'd say that was an extension of your house.

3 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

I understand shutting all access to hot spots but surely getting away a bit and not having any contact with anyone in the countryside isn't bad?

Is it all about the virus possibly being in your car? I'd say that was an extension of your house.

If your car breaks down you need to call out emergency services. If you're in a crash it's a strain on the health service. If you need petrol you're touching the pump and going into the garage. If you roll your ankle climbing a hill then you need medical help.

All of these things are true when there's no coronavirus of course but just now we are being told we need to flatten the curve to assist the NHS. These points are all unlikely risks, but they are risks nonetheless. 

Emergency services have also come out and advised not to be driving out to these places to walk the dog etc too.

No it's about not knowing who/how many others are doing the exact same.

6 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Just a guess but I imagine that a few individuals driving around to get exercise is fine and no worse than running round the streets or parks around where you live.

I think it's more about if that sort of behaviour was allowed or condoned, you'd get tonnes of folk turning up at the same places at the same time.

Edited by Gordon EF

Just now, Bairnardo said:
6 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

No it's about not knowing who/how many others are doing the exact same.

There's this too. But everyone dragging themselves up Conic Hill is claiming they aren't seeing anyone 🤔

2 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

On a more positive note, can I just take a moment to thank whoever posted this all those pages ago..

a little ray of sunshine amongst the storm.

Nearly 20 years later...

Alizee_2.jpg

Edited by Lurkst

3 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

If your car breaks down you need to call out emergency services. If you're in a crash it's a strain on the health service. If you need petrol you're touching the pump and going into the garage. If you roll your ankle climbing a hill then you need medical help.

All of these things are true when there's no coronavirus of course but just now we are being told we need to flatten the curve to assist the NHS. These points are all unlikely risks, but they are risks nonetheless. 

Emergency services have also come out and advised not to be driving out to these places to walk the dog etc too.

Yes, road accidents can take up huge amounts of resources, that's the reasoning I heard.

I heard someone speaking about this specifically on the news the other night. Might even have been Bojo. They said that if they say it's ok, everyone will do it, resulting in busy countryside places defeating the measures. So it's not ok.

14 minutes ago, Lurkst said:

Nearly 20 years later...

Alizee_2.jpg

She's brilliant.

But it's not until you see the lyrics that you realise her true genius.  I don't know what her uncle is stressed about, but fair play to the goldfish.

Bubbles and water
Legs up for hours
My goldfish is under me
To bathe for hours
Makes my mouth water
I'm foamely ecstatic
It's not a problem
I lazy 'round
Bubbly and stubborn
I lazy 'round
Melon and water
Is just a dream
It makes me wonder
Is it a sin?
Bubbles and water
Legs up for hours
Bombs, you keep away from me
Today lying low
Twisting up my toes
I swim in such harmony
So what bothers me?
I'm fed up with loneliness
With my uncle overstressed
Fumbling, crawling for something
That never shows, just a dream
I'm fed up with creeps crying
Over the past, such a sin
Not to be cool, but a fool
If I could mess up their rules
I'm fed up with your complaints
Baby, well I'm not a saint
Fed up with the rain, the plane
That makes me throw up again
I'm fed up with all cynics
Bathing caps and all critics
I'm fed up with being fed up
Poor me!
Bubbles and water
Legs up for hours
My goldfish still under me
Delight of pleasures
Aquatic treasures
A place out of misery, my fantasy
Poor me!
Poor me!

• The UK death toll from Covid-19 has jumped to 1,228 after another 209 people died in the last 24 hours.
  • The number of confirmed UK infections is 19,522 with a total of 127,737 people tested.

46 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Apparently the CDC in the US are going to change advice regarding wearing masks, to recommend that they should be worn if possible.

Any P&Bers wearing a face mask when out and about?

I live in a pretty much rural area, and haven't been wearing a mask, anywhere , till now.   

As the lack of testing is , in my view, pretty much criminal.., and after the rapidly increasing death rate,

I wore a mask this morning for going into the Sainsbury's supermarket in the nearest small town.  Several of their

staff were also wearing masks.  They were letting customers in one at a time.  Queue of us in a long line, giving each other

a wide berth.   Didn't take long to get in. No one was hanging around inside, just quick shopping and getting out.