Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Apparently the CDC in the US are going to change advice regarding wearing masks, to recommend that they should be worn if possible.

Any P&Bers wearing a face mask when out and about?

I just use a pair of my girlfriends pants.

20 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Apparently the CDC in the US are going to change advice regarding wearing masks, to recommend that they should be worn if possible.

I'm quite happy just wearing my gas mask.

download.jpg

Edited by ICTJohnboy

9 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Carlsberg don't do irony, but if they did..IMG_20200329_123557.jpeg

Another case of this ‘stay indoors’ shite that really grinds my gears. What in the name of actual fcuk is wrong with using the phrase ‘stay home’. That works. I’m at home right now. I washed the car. It doubled up as my exercise and trip outside for the day. If it was warmer, I could sit in the garden. I might wash the windows tomorrow.... I’ll be nowhere near any cnut, never mind breaching the 2m rule. I am officially past caring if anyone thinks my attitude on this is poor form. You stay indoors and shut the blinds to the world if you want to. Leave those of us who are following the advice and trying their hardest to get on with adhering to the government’s own advice to get in with it. Also, if braindead fcuks cannot heed the advice, and publically flaunt it - arseholes having parties, neds maybe gathering in a park to drink, whatever - not my problem. These fcuks better not be responsible for the rest of us actually having to be shut indoors though.

Edited by pozbaird

1 hour ago, PauloPerth said:

On a more positive note, can I just take a moment to thank whoever posted this all those pages ago..

a little ray of sunshine amongst the storm.

Even if she had a positive for Covid 20 I’d be down on her virus strewn flange in a second.

3 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Another case of this ‘stay indoors’ shite that really grinds my gears. What in the name of actual fcuk is wrong with using the phrase ‘stay home’. That works. I’m at home right now. I washed the car. It doubled up as my exercise and trip outside for the day. If it was warmer, I could sit in the garden. I might wash the windows tomorrow.... I’ll be nowhere near any cnut, never mind breaching the 2m rule. I am officially past caring if anyone thinks my attitude on this is poor form. You stay indoors and shut the blinds to the world if you want to. Leave those of us who are following the advice and trying their hardest to get on with adhering to the government’s own advice to get in with it. Also, if braindead fcuks cannot heed the advice, and publically flaunt it - arseholes having parties, neds maybe gathering in a park to drink, whatever - not my problem. These fcuks better not be responsible for the rest of us actually having to be shut indoors though.

The media want you not just at home but indoors so you can keep watching

3 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Even if she had a positive for Covid 20 I’d be down on her virus strewn flange in a second.

You’re a sick man Albert, and it’s nothing to do with COVI-19.

2 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Another case of this ‘stay indoors’ shite that really grinds my gears. What in the name of actual fcuk is wrong with using the phrase ‘stay home’. That works. I’m at home right now. I washed the car. It doubled up as my exercise and trip outside for the day. If it was warmer, I could sit in the garden. I might wash the windows tomorrow.... I’ll be nowhere near any cnut, never mind breaching the 2m rule. I am officially past caring if anyone thinks my attitude on this is poor form. You stay indoors and shut the blinds to the world if you want to. Leave those of us who are following the advice and trying their hardest to get on with adhering to the government’s own advice. Also, if braindead fcuks cannot heed the advice, and publically flaunt it - arseholes having parties, neds maybe gathering in a park to drink, whatever - not my problem. These fcuks better not be responsible for the rest of us actually having to be shut indoors though.

100%

The virus isn't airborne (as far as we're being told), so there's absolutely no reason whatsoever why you can't or shouldn't be out in your garden or washing your car in your driveway etc.

What's even more concerning is the grassing fuckwits who are calling the police to stick in their neighbours that have been "out shopping twice today" or "been for two walks now", over and above that I heard a Government advert on Clyde this morning requesting the public to call and stick in people for "engine idling".

What was the line a couple of weeks back about tying up the Emergency Services ???

Fcuk me, is this Nazi Germany ???

As you say, dealing with groups of neds (or anyone else) for seriously flouting the regulations is one thing, but keeping tabs of people going for a walk or timing their time taken on a walk is just a bit too George Orwell for my liking.

35 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Me. Got given one when was checked out at hospital when this all kicked off. Probably completely useless but people do keep extra distance. Makes you feel like a twat tho. 

Have subsequently read that the cdc have denied that they're going to do that. 

Yesterday I cut the front grass and did a general tidy up, today I'm going to paint the back fence. Closest I came to anybody yesterday other than family was about 10 yards, when one of the neighbours dropped a bag of shopping into the old couple that stay next door, which they just left on their porch.

There seem to be a lot of people getting themselves seething about folk doing perfectly safe stuff. I'm at more risk out shopping or at work than I am in my own garden.

Also seems a lot of folk have missed the bit that says it is ok to go out and help or care for a vulnerable person. There are also guidelines around that, if you do have to enter their house you should wash your hands when you go in, try and stay 2m apart, then wash your hands before you leave, and wear gloves and a mask if you can.Screenshot_20200329-130359_Chrome.jpeg

4 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Yesterday I cut the front grass and did a general tidy up, today I'm going to paint the back fence. Closest I came to anybody yesterday other than family was about 10 yards, when one of the neighbours dropped a bag of shopping into the old couple that stay next door, which they just left on their porch.

There seem to be a lot of people getting themselves seething about folk doing perfectly safe stuff. I'm at more risk out shopping or at work than I am in my own garden.

Also seems a lot of folk have missed the bit that says it is ok to go out and help or care for a vulnerable person. There are also guidelines around that, if you do have to enter their house you should wash your hands when you go in, try and stay 2m apart, then wash your hands before you leave, and wear gloves and a mask if you can.Screenshot_20200329-130359_Chrome.jpeg

You mean Marshmallo, don't you?

7 hours ago, Snafu said:

Had a read of this and it's an interesting and possible theory.

Is factory farming to blame for coronavirus?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/28/is-factory-farming-to-blame-for-coronavirus

Is there *anything* The Guardian hasn't blamed on "factory" farming?

4 hours ago, throbber said:

Hopefully we get another general election after this. 

Last poll had Tories on 52%, Labour on 30%.

That's double the lead at the last general election.

4 hours ago, sparky88 said:

We aren't severely restricted now. Govt needs to cut down on queues at supermarkets - don't understand why they can't ensure everyone gets their shopping delivered ( as happened in Wuhan I believe) or you have to book trips to the supermarket in advance 

Interestingly, the Scottish and Welsh legislation requires people responsible for premises that are still open "to take all reasonable measures" to enforce social distancing, including limiting the number of people on the premises and enforce distancing in the queues. The English legislation doesn't. It's the only difference between them.