Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

More than one bottleitis.

I will do her a favour and polish off the remains later.

Don't do her in, gman's doing his best to fill the Rioja shelf. 

9 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

At first they predicted 500,000 people will die, dropped it to 20,000 and then to 5700.

That number changed when measures were put in. 500k was what it would have been had we did nothing. It doesn't mean they were wrong, just that the figures were revised when we took action. 

3 minutes ago, madwullie said:

That number changed when measures were put in. 500k was what it would have been had we did nothing. It doesn't mean they were wrong, just that the figures were revised when we took action. 

The long term death toll will be far greater if create a global depression

12 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

People enjoying the fact that Belarus is continuing as normal are missing the fact that their leader is a fucking nut job who is undoubtedly endangering lives through his stupidity.  Of course because of the regime we will never learn the full extent of his stupidity.

You're just ragin that you never lumped on FC Minsk !!!

Apparently the CDC in the US are going to change advice regarding wearing masks, to recommend that they should be worn if possible.

Any P&Bers wearing a face mask when out and about?

Just now, ICTChris said:

Apparently the CDC in the US are going to change advice regarding wearing masks, to recommend that they should be worn if possible.

I nicked one when I gave a blood sample the other day but I'm saving it for emergencies.

Pop in and out of this thread, mainly to see Mongoose's pics but just thought I'd add my bit. 

I'm genuinely getting more worried and scared about all this on a daily basis. Not going going to hide that fact. I'm classed as a non essential council worker so I'm in the house away from it all. My wife is normally an outpatient nurse who has been moved onto the icu ward in Inverclyde so on the front line as it were. 

My mother, in her late 50s with asthma, is a ward nurse, with as of last night, had 2 confirmed cases on her ward. She has been risk assessed and deemed to have low risk asthma so she has to work on. 

My sister is also a ward nurse, again dealing with patients on a daily basis. 

Meanwhile I'm in the house with my 4 year old feeling absolutely useless and unable to help 3 folk that mean everything to me. The feeling of having no control over the situation is starting to get me down. This is the calm before the storm and hearing concerns from family over little help and support from management and not to mention lack of/poor ppe is hurting me badly. 

Social media and rolling news channels certainly don't help matters either. I'm not good at all at putting thoughts into words but wanted to get these feelings out. I'm scared folks. 

I'm away to the garden to play football with the wee man, great for clearing the head.

Stay in ur homes people and stay safe everyone.

Take care x 

Guest JTS98
6 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Not allowed out without one in Malaysia.

Very uncomfortable, but roolz is roolz.

Belarus women's Super Cup is on just now.

FK Minsk v FC Borka Sdu. (1-0 for Minsk atm)

I think the lack of a crowd is more to do with a possible lack of interest in women's football rather than social distancing.

Looks like it will be my only source of football for a while and also looks like its carrying on for now as the President is a bit bonkers.

"Why? Because Aleksandr Lukashenko, the president of the country and a man often referred to as the "last dictator in Europe," said so. (The other leagues still in action, for now, are Nicaragua, Turkmenistan, Burundi and Myanmar.

"[Coronavirus] is just another psychosis, which will benefit some people and harm others," he said last week. "The civilised world is going nuts. It is absolute stupidity to close state borders. The panic can hurt us more than the virus itself"

Screenshot_20200329-122219_bet365.jpeg

10 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

F*ck off you.  This thing is all your fault.

13 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Yes, but nothing to do with Corona :batman