Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Guest Moomintroll

Can we all just put Party Politics to one side for a bit & just realise that we are lucky the Donald is not in charge of our Country.

1 hour ago, SlipperyP said:

Anyone hear anything from Jason Leitch?  Seem they guy has went into hiding after his 5 minutes of fame.

As was said, he was on Off the Ball yesterday. 
He was asked if he was, like most of us, drinking more? 
No, he was working too hard. He was however looking forward to sitting down with a glass of something nice in October. Make of that what you will...

22 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Gove was actually quite impressive in that interview, which was disappointing.

As with friends, family and colleagues, some people will step up to the plate and impress immensely when we most need it, others will crash and burn and look like total fannies. 

It's no surprise that your wee corner shops in villages etc are fairly well stocked, you're windows are not going to last long if the villagers need bog roll and you have it all. 

I just hope people remember those in their communities who stepped up to make this easier, aye your local butcher etc are trying to keep their business running but they are showing a 'can do' attitude that should be rewarded with a larger and more loyal customer base after this. 

I don't mind birthday caird pish, it's better than the me me me pish that's took hold over the last few decades.

There will be plenty now getting a wee taste of what it's like to live on a very tight budget with no fancy nights out or holidays,that won't be a bad thing for some. 

1 minute ago, Alert Mongoose said:

It would be interesting if someone was able to trace how much of an impact keeping Cheltenham on had. In hindsight (though not strictly needed) that was a ludicrous decision.

They could use that phone tracking method that was posted a few days ago.

But they wouldn't want us to see the results.

4 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

It would be interesting if someone was able to trace how much of an impact keeping Cheltenham on had. In hindsight (though not strictly needed) that was a ludicrous decision.

The 20,000 Irish who came over for it must have brought some unwanted souvenirs home with them. 

Edited by welshbairn

2 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

As was said, he was on Off the Ball yesterday. 
He was asked if he was, like most of us, drinking more? 
No, he was working too hard. He was however looking forward to sitting down with a glass of something nice in October. Make of that what you will...

Munich beer festival?

2 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

Can we all just put Party Politics to one side for a bit & just realise that we are lucky the Donald is not in charge of our Country.

He’s madder than a March hare, back to business by Easter my arse 

8 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

A second wave was always going to happen. We can’t live like this forever though. There’s an argument that a 3 or 4 month lockdown with even longer to wait for sports, cinema, gigs etc, would do even more harm to people than the actual coronavirus

Haven’t read the rest of the thread yet, but I could live without watching live sports, gigs and the cinema for years if required. I do agree with the overall thrust of your post. I have also read a few posts saying stuff like ‘nothing else matters bar coronavirus’. Absolute nonsense. There is already a report in the news today about domestic abuse, people who are not in a good relationship cooped up together. Ester Rantzen has highlighted how there has already been an increase in calls to Childline. We already had foodbanks all over the country, we know charities are being hammered. We know that before this virus even arrived, there were shitloads of families struggling on the breadline. What about those with mental health issues? Disability? Lonely people? Even taking it down many notches.... people are deferring dental treatment at present. Minor operations, and some more serious ones. Christ, even notching it down again, folk need a haircut - sometime. I posted that my sister-in-law’s partner died of cancer two months ago. She is alone, her partner was only buried weeks ago but my wife,  her only sister and close relative cannot visit her. I know someone who has children by his first wife. He cannot see them. He re-married and after five days, his young kids are already driving him round the bend, and he’s a loving, responsible adult trying his best - but he has real job worries, how can he afford everything? I haven’t even mentioned business and the economy, which really, really, do matter - to everybody.

Imagine these situations replicated millions and millions of times across the nation. To say the only thing that matters is the virus is simply not true. If society starts unravelling - and I don’t mean a lack of fitba’ to watch or a gig to go to, I mean real people suffering real problems - we will get past coronavirus, but the cost in other ways will be completely frightening. Coronavirus could go on for a year? People’s lives need to go on forever.

9 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

I might be wrong but I took that to be an attempt at avoiding fear and panic, I'm sure we'll find out what level of folly it was at some point. 

2 hours ago, Moomintroll said:
2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:
Just been out for a walk.  Saw two old guys standing about three feet apart yapping; no wonder there’s talk about tougher restrictions.

Yer Da types are just not getting it, I spent most of yesterday chasing idiots up and down aisles telling them to follow social distancing to protect themselves. I really can't do anymore than I have done but fuckwits are still ignoring it or are to thick to follow basic, clear instructions.

Can't it be announced over the tannoy?

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

The Oktoberfest?

2 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

The famous septemberfest

Oktoberfest in Munich 2020 will begin on

Saturday, September 19
and ends on
Monday, October 5

Starts late this year

7 minutes ago, heedthebaa said:

He’s madder than a March hare, back to business by Easter my arse 

Use protection and wash thoroughly after every exit.