Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Guest JTS98
6 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

He's no Malaysian National Clinical Director

He doesn't seem to be, no.

ETA: Unfair on Leitch. It's a group effort. A number of posters seem to have been mildly amused by the idea that Malaysia's health officials could be considered in any way equal to the UK's. Which is interesting.

https://www.nst.com.my/business/2020/03/577996/jp-morgan-malaysias-covid-19-strategy-far-exceeds-asean-some-european-peers

Edited by JTS98

In  happier news I reckon we are in for a post war style boom time after this.

Pubs restraunts and hotels will be full. Football grounds will be jam packed. People will be splurging money at the shops. Full employment.

Alongside that folk will demand a fully funded NHS and social services, an end to insecure employment and insecure housing.

Please don't reply to this with anything to contrary I'm not interested. This is what s keeping me going.

Just now, invergowrie arab said:

Pubs restraunts and hotels will be full. Football grounds will be jam packed. People will be splurging money at the shops. Full employment.

Alongside that folk will demand a fully funded NHS and social services, an end to insecure employment and insecure housing.

Please don't reply to this with anything to contrary I'm not interested. This is what s keeping me going.

I agree that the pubs, restaurants and hotels will be full, mainly because there will only be about 2 of each left.

1 minute ago, invergowrie arab said:

Roll on 2024.

Guest Moomintroll
Yasssssss more customers fighting because we let NHS staff in before them.
Ques are pretty big the now.
I came in early to work today because we knew the general public would be c***s and it be busier.
Keep yer distance or stay home if you can please.

Be safe
What part of prioritising Emergency Workers are these Moon Monkeys not getting? We are bad enough in Wholesale at this point, f**k doing your job@G_Man1985, this is fucking bonkers.

19 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Yasssssss more customers fighting because we let NHS staff in before them.
Ques are pretty big the now.
I came in early to work today because we knew the general public would be c***s and it be busier.
Keep yer distance or stay home if you can please.

Be safe

I have to say supermarket staff have been absolutely brilliant throughout all this, you all genuinely have my love and respect 

Just now, Rovers2017 said:

Please forgive my ignorance and naivety for this question. In respect of the economic ramifications, is this expected to be just as bad as the Spanish flu for the economy? 

Since the Spanish flu was stuck on to the end of WW1, that would be highly unlikely.

17 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

My wife appears to have succumbed to a virus this morning.  The Riojavirus.

HARO, Spain — 

As in many communities worldwide, a coronavirus outbreak has hit Haro, a town of 12,000 that is the de facto capital of La Rioja, Spain’s prized wine region.

But the town — famed for its production of Tempranillo and for an annual Wine Battle festival in which participants spray, pour and toss red wine at one another — has come under another plague: misinformation.

Last weekend, many news outlets circulated inaccurate reports that the streets had been blockaded, neighborhoods quarantined and the town placed under a lockdown similar to the one imposed in Italy. One widely circulated image showed a street that had been blocked off — but in reality that street had been closed for construction. Residents — and eventually the region’s health ministry — tried to fight back with facts, but it has been a frustrating battle.

Always the same.