Coronavirus (COVID-19)

57 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Just been out for a walk.  Saw two old guys standing about three feet apart yapping; no wonder there’s talk about tougher restrictions.

If they had been any further apart they wouldn't have heard what the other one was yapping about.

Welcome to P&B...             mibbes.

What's your point, caller?  FYI  I've been drinking more than usual the last few weeks.  My bottled 'real ale' supply has run out.   :bairn

Plenty of wine and French 'beer' tho'.  :)

If you mean , 'in a bar' , they are closed here in France and I believe in the UK also. Or do you know differently?   

Guest JTS98
1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

Politicians and advisors are not “colleagues”.  Once professionals are appropriated by politicians to support them it becomes propaganda.  That is just as dangerous in a time of national crisis as at any other time.

I don't really agree.

The UK government, like all governments, will have lots of experts working on this and there's no chance that they all agree.

So what's the best solution? To stick to one message and explain what it means and how to handle the basics, or to squabble in public and undermine public trust in anything the government tells them?

Keep in mind that if Hero Expert A comes out and publicly junks the government position, Hero Expert B will be rolled out by the government to contradict Expert A. Where does that leave the public?

They're a team, and they have to work like one. What would be really dangerous is a situation where the public lose any trust in what they're hearing from the government and don't know which experts to listen to.

This way, the government can change course if they need to as a unified front and simply say they have changed course following the science and changing circumstances. The public will buy that. It's much safer than everybody coming out with a different message in public.

26 minutes ago, bendan said:

After a few days at home I went for a walk in the park yesterday thinking it wouldn't be hard to stay well away from people. F***wits left, right and centre loitering around entrances and wee bridges and basically any pinch point they could find.

I remember, as a child, wondering what  'No Loitering'  signs were all about.

Now that I'm a grumpy old man, I understand completely.

2 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

I don't really agree.

The UK government, like all governments, will have lots of experts working on this and there's no chance that they all agree.

So what's the best solution? To stick to one message and explain what it means and how to handle the basics, or to squabble in public and undermine public trust in anything the government tells them?

Keep in mind that if Hero Expert A comes out and publicly junks the government position, Hero Expert B will be rolled out by the government to contradict Expert A. Where does that leave the public?

They're a team, and they have to work like one. What would be really dangerous is a situation where the public lose any trust in what they're hearing from the government and don't know which experts to listen to.

This way, the government can change course if they need to as a unified front and simply say they have changed course following the science and changing circumstances. The public will buy that. It's much safer than everybody coming out with a different message in public.

The UK Gov published the SAGE advice the other week it's clear that the expert are coming to a best guess using all their research, the problem comes when journalists ask one part of the group basically their worst case scenario, which I don't think is helpful, it creates fear and potentially panic unnecessarily I don't know how other countries have been reporting the Virus but front page headlines that are sheer sensationalism is not what the public need but sadly it's what they want

Jason Leitch is on politics Scotland this morning.

I don't think I ever saw him saying anything other than when the numbers and science changed the advice to public would change.

It's always been about managing spread at the right time.

Maybe they will be wrong but "herd immunity" was never about carrying on business as usual forever

Edited by invergowrie arab

9 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Gove has been coughing a few times during his interview on Marr this morning.

Pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease 🤞🤞🤞

Surely they've tested the entire cabinet, looks like they're dropping like flies.

1 hour ago, Daydream said:

I can’t decide if I’m absolutely terrified of getting the virus or not the slightest bit concerned at all 🤷🏼‍♂️

Part of me would rather get it and just get it over with, that's if it's true that you can build a resistance to it.

2 hours ago, philpy said:

I hope boris personally licks the envelopes of the idiots that continually flaunt the rules. Screenshot_20200329_073901_com.android.chrome.jpeg

30 million letters, great use of resources. 

4 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Yasssssss more customers fighting because we let NHS staff in before them.
Ques are pretty big the now.
I came in early to work today because we knew the general public would be c***s and it be busier.
Keep yer distance or stay home if you can please.

Be safe

This isn't going down well, it's ok boasting about clapping on Facebook but we're starting to see some resentment building up over what some are calling a two tier system when compared to other key workers...

2 minutes ago, bennett said:

Surely they've tested the entire cabinet, looks like they're dropping like flies.

Part of me would rather get it and just get it over with, that's if it's true that you can build a resistance to it.

28M letters didn't influence  the thickos who voted for brexit.   These won't affect the thickos who don't follow  virus instructions.  Same thickos.

The whole never seen the E-mail from EU about pulling resources and not replying to the company offering access to thousands of life saving ventilators should see the Westminster clowns up against a wall.  Cheers @Slippery P canny get Jason Leich aff my telly now.

4 minutes ago, bennett said:

Complete waste of money. Every single person in the country knows they should be staying inside. If Boris Johnson interrupting their nightly viewing of Corination Street to tell them didn't convince them I doubt a letter through the door will.. 

This isn't going down well, it's ok boasting about clapping on Facebook but we're starting to see some resentment building up over what some are calling a two tier system when compared to other key workers...
Nobody gives a f**k.

It has taken some people to realise this is serious when people they know have died or have the virus.
I dont see much of a change still.