Coronavirus (COVID-19)

7 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

Different strokes for different folks but I'm not finding the same enjoyment in Mr Mongoose's parade of overweight, averagey-looking cockteases in pound shop Halloween costumes as others seem to be.

Unfortunately the outbreak has required me to find some different strokes of my own as the Turkish women's volleyball championship is on pause. No more 6'4" Zehra Gunes.ILqIbIueOlNJN-WNEzIDgLDXtPbwqBDeGk577nQiQZY.jpeg

I misunderstood that post and thought that was someone you just met and you were now bragging. 

Gie that big-heided b*****d a red dot!

Ah so that's all right then. They maybe had 3, 4 or 5 years ahead but hey they are expendable ! I'm sick of this sort of stuff especially given I have 3 family members with those sort of conditions that are at present being managed but hey ho collateral damage in some warped fuckers eyes. Your attitude boils my piss big time.

There is no point in doing mass testing apart from to study transmission. If you test negative in the morning you can catch it in the afternoon so it's completely pointless.
Also if you go with the Scottish Government figures around 98% of people who get it don't need hospital care (which means the herd immunity idea should work). The people who are dying are elderly people with cancer, COPD and other illnesses. 

Just now, Billy Jean King said:

Ah so that's all right then. They maybe had 3, 4 or 5 years ahead but hey they are expendable ! I'm sick of this sort of stuff especially given I have 3 family members with those sort of conditions that are at present being managed but hey ho collateral damage in some warped fuckers eyes. Your attitude boils my piss big time.

It's not nice but the entire country can't hide in the house for years so some pensioners with COPD who spent their lives smoking and drinking can cling on for a while longer. 

2 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

I'm 67 so I'm not that old - it was the illnesses I was referring to.

Me neither, as far as the Cummings follower above's keenness on the rapidly building up herd immunity strategy, I'm not that keen on the threat to cancel my next chemo sesh as a necessary sacrifice to get the economy to pick up a bit quicker. Especially from someone who thinks the economy doesn't matter and there are no limits or consequences to QE or printing money.

P.S. BTW the vast majority of studies find no link to my cancer and smoking or alcohol consumption, as if it matters, which it fucking doesn't.

Edited by welshbairn

19 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

Different strokes for different folks but I'm not finding the same enjoyment in Mr Mongoose's parade of overweight, averagey-looking cockteases in pound shop Halloween costumes as others seem to be.

Unfortunately the outbreak has required me to find some different strokes of my own as the Turkish women's volleyball championship is on pause. No more 6'4" Zehra Gunes.ILqIbIueOlNJN-WNEzIDgLDXtPbwqBDeGk577nQiQZY.jpeg

You can like both.

5 minutes ago, Detournement said:

It's not nice but the entire country can't hide in the house for years so some pensioners with COPD who spent their lives smoking and drinking can cling on for a while longer. 

There are plenty of people with COPD who did neither.  Ignorant post.

I misunderstood that post and thought that was someone you just met and you were now bragging. 
Gie that big-heided b*****d a red dot!

I did actually meet her briefly a couple of times after games when I lived in Istanbul, but unfortunately nothing to brag about. If there had been anything brag-worthy you'd better believe I'd be going full Gunther and relishing every red dot.

I went shopping this morning, on my own as that's what's advised. As I left Lidl, the gendarmes had started checking would-be customers' papers.  I then went to Leclerc to get stuff I coudn't get in Lidl.   As I was leaving, they were just arriving to do the same. Some French probably think it's like wartime ID checks, although I doubt if many WW2 survivors are out shopping.
The only shortage I have seen is flour and that was only in one shop. Maybe a supply issue rather than panic buying.  Couldn't buy gardening stuff as it's 'non-essential'.  
By the time restrictions are lifted, it'll be too late for many gardening duties   A fallow year.
France?? download.jpeg

1 hour ago, Willow Rosenberg said:

I walked into Greenock town centre today and it was a surreal experience. Nobody around. No cars. Nothing. There was the odd car before I reached the police station but that was it.

Tesco was SLIGHTLY busier than that, but barely anyone there too. 

My walk was to Gourock and it was DEAD there. Nobody at all. Again, just surreal.

I'm sure the crackheads are waiting until it's dark to try car/house doors etc 

18 minutes ago, Detournement said:

I think the difference is more likely to be that they actually stick rigidly to the lock down. We have a lock down where the majority of people still go out every day. 

I think the government is still going for herd immunity and it's the smart move as poorer nations are going to take a long time to get the virus under control, possibly years.

The difference is that they prepared.    

My other half works in a care home and she's been led to believe that if she suffered from symptoms she'd only get SSP.

Luckily for us, we could take the hit in finances if the worst happened, but a lot of carers are just on little more than minimum wage and live month to month. A week of SSP could crush someone.

Has she got this wrong? Sounds like it's an absolute disaster waiting to happen.

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

My other half works in a care home and she's been led to believe that if she suffered from symptoms she'd only get SSP.

Luckily for us, we could take the hit in finances if the worst happened, but a lot of carers are just on little more than minimum wage and live month to month. A week of SSP could crush someone.

Has she got this wrong? Sounds like it's an absolute disaster waiting to happen.

Imagine getting the virus because of your job then getting put on £94.50 a week...

8 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Imagine getting the virus because of your job then getting put on £94.50 a week...

It's more if someone decides, 'f**k it, it's only a cough, can't be that and I can't afford to stay off' that worries me.

6 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

It's more if someone decides, 'f**k it, it's only a cough, can't be that and I can't afford to stay off' that worries me.

Yeah I suppose that’s the other side of the coin.