Coronavirus (COVID-19)

It's very weird seeing Perth city and all the surrounding roads virtually empty on a Saturday night. 

I suspect anyone who happens to be driving about any city centres or normally busy towns around the world will feel the same level of eeriness tonight. 

It's just hit me that I may not be in a pub mingling with my fellow humans for quite some time. Boozers are going to be rammed once this is over. 

2 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Yup, which is interesting because the public behaviour modifications have been exactly the same. I wonder if it’s the Highlands being so low in terms of population density which is making the figures look better? Anybody have a breakdown of the local variations in Scotland to hand?

FB_IMG_1585416314681.jpg.806f4707a1c5fa04280bfbd4a7a208ea.jpg

Edited by jagfox99

50 minutes ago, Lee Van Tee said:

Nonsense, as Archbishop Andrzej Dzięga has said, “Christ does not spread germs and viruses”.

Which is why in Brazil President Bolsinaro is encouraging this kind of thing to carry on, while the favella gangs are enforcing a lockdown.

image.png.bbec43fbc6d503aab5b6b91b8e078a24.png

41 minutes ago, Futureboy said:

I know that a lot of the flights started going direct to the platform/rig from Aberdeen a few weeks ago, rather than fixed wing to Shetland then offshore. Don't know if all did though.

Theres also a flight of 30 odd in and out every week to work at the Gas Plant, lads from all over the UK. 

1 minute ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I was out my walk earlier and some p***k in his car peeped his horn at me and shook his head. What part of ONE exercise is allowed per day do people not understand 🙄

I hate p***ks like that who get involved in stuff which is none of their business. Apart from that, why was said w**k out in his car in the first place ?

Tosser.

7 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I was out my walk earlier and some p***k in his car peeped his horn at me and shook his head. What part of ONE exercise is allowed per day do people not understand 🙄

Were you wearing an Ayr United top?

7 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Yep, the wife works in server support and she and her colleagues all have a client installed on their laptops that mimics their desk phone; all the settings, speed dials etc. 

She isn't on the 'front line' as it were but the guys taking the calls can all work from home easily and take inbound calls as if they were in the office. 

Every call centre on earth could and should be closed at the moment. 

A friend of mine works at a well known banking firm who had someone with the virus (Or symptoms of the virus, don’t know if they were tested) working for three days before they emptied the building. 

They are still working but now from a disaster recovery site because said banking firm never invested in the tech for working from home and don’t have enough laptops or equipment to support everyone.

56 minutes ago, beefybake said:

If they're saying they've been planning for this since before the WHO declared a pandemic, then they're into outright lying. 

The reason we're in this *uckshit is that there have been no testing kits,  no public testing till people have already fallen ill, and sometimes at deaths door,

no protection for frontline staff....

I think he meant the NHS. I know that they used to run flu pandemic simulations at Ninewells for example.

Pretty sure the government never did any preparation for this sort of thing.

22 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

The government is “suspending” insolvency rules.  Sounds a good idea unless you end up as a creditor of someone who is running an insolvent business.

Has Dave King jumped the gun? 🤔

6 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Damn. I would have gotten away with it too, if it wasn’t for you pesky kids.

Just go up to St Andrews for a round of the Old Course. £30 quid is positively cheap compared to the normal prices...

40 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I hope you flicked him the Vs...

18 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

A friend of mine works at a well known banking firm who had someone with the virus (Or symptoms of the virus, don’t know if they were tested) working for three days before they emptied the building. 

They are still working but now from a disaster recovery site because said banking firm never invested in the tech for working from home and don’t have enough laptops or equipment to support everyone.

It's a familiar story across the industry.

4 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

It's a familiar story across the industry.

I quite believe it. I used to work there myself a long time ago, they have absolutely no care for their staff whatsoever. Even most of the managers act like scumbags to staff in the end.