Coronavirus (COVID-19)

28 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Went for a Belarus treble today with a single on the Minsk game. 2 down, one to go. Might cash out though, less confident about the one coming up.

image.png.97e44e96c2968bec99f50ce4b95d9c48.png

well done !! Cracking line.

39 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

The daily press conference Q&A is a total waste of time. Same questions day after day, groundhog day personified.

They're just feeding us shite now, "we've been planning for this before WHO announced it as a pandemic", why the f**k do we not have the PPE's that required then you bunch of idiots? 

That homer gif was tailor made for this bunch of Tory charlatans. 

Edited by Tynierose
banned word

27 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Funny enough, the thought came into my head that in a fortnight’s time, we might be drooling over the Azerbaijan Tiddlywinks Finals... which in turn gave me a more serious thought. Could darts and snooker in the UK organise a behind closed doors challenge exhibition match between two of the sports bigger stars, broadcast live to a nation starved of meaningful sport? Would lift spirits a wee bit. Just wondered to myself if those sports lent themselves to less people being involved to set something up, and the environment in which both are played is a controlled one anyway. Just an idle thought. Get Ronnie O’Sullivan - he disnae’ shake hands anyway. Social distancing a doddle. 🙂

I've just been scouting for Danny Harvie's replacement, the Shakhter Soligorsk Left Back looks like he could do a job.

What can I say, I've developed a new appreciation for Belarussian Football and Ukrainian Table Tennis over the past few days.

21 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Serious amount of transitional folk for offshore too.

I know that a lot of the flights started going direct to the platform/rig from Aberdeen a few weeks ago, rather than fixed wing to Shetland then offshore. Don't know if all did though.

The daily press conference Q&A is a total waste of time. Same questions day after day, groundhog day personified.
Absolutely. And when they do get a good, relevant and quite new question - the guy from LBC asking what the government would do about business who insist their staff should continue coming to work even when they are afraid of catching the virus - they just do the usual politicians trick of the non-answer answer and say nothing anyway.

3 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
26 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Absolutely. And when they do get a good, relevant and quite new question - the guy from LBC asking what the government would do about business who insist their staff should continue coming to work even when they are afraid of catching the virus - they just do the usual politicians trick of the non-answer answer and say nothing anyway.

If they're saying they've been planning for this since before the WHO declared a pandemic, then they're into outright lying. 

The reason we're in this *uckshit is that there have been no testing kits,  no public testing till people have already fallen ill, and sometimes at deaths door,

no protection for frontline staff....

2 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Yup, which is interesting because the public behaviour modifications have been exactly the same. I wonder if it’s the Highlands being so low in terms of population density which is making the figures look better? Anybody have a breakdown of the local variations in Scotland to hand?

this was posted the other day 

https://www.travellingtabby.com/scotland-coronavirus-tracker/

shit looks like a pile of folk have bookmarked this as well as myself.

the world

here is another one I keep an eye on

Edited by paulathame

1 hour ago, throbber said:

Was it not 500 thousand if we did nothing, 250 thousand with distancing measures and 20 thousand with isolation?

A prediction I saw was 280 a day being the upper limit to come on the 5 April which would be our peak and then we’d flatten out but we have just had that many deaths in a day and that number doubles every 2.5 days. You read quite a lot of conflicting reports.

Only 40 deaths overall in Scotland which is surely a good thing though?

The Imperial College report that pushed the government into starting to take action said that even an effective mitigation strategy (slowing but not necessarily
stopping epidemic spread) which would consist of case isolation & social distancing of the elderly/vulnerable could lead to 250,000 deaths. Which is why they went with the suppression strategy instead which is about trying to stop the spread and flatten the peak by social distancing for all, plus the various stages of lockdown. It was suggested that 20,000 deaths would be a good result. These figures were for *I think* a two year period.

Edited by s_dog

38 minutes ago, Lee Van Tee said:

Nonsense, as Archbishop Andrzej Dzięga has said, “Christ does not spread germs and viruses”.

That’s true. I reckon it’s because he’s like Rangers’ history - a figment of deluded people’s imagination.

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

Funny enough, the thought came into my head that in a fortnight’s time, we might be drooling over the Azerbaijan Tiddlywinks Finals... which in turn gave me a more serious thought. Could darts and snooker in the UK organise a behind closed doors challenge exhibition match between two of the sports bigger stars, broadcast live to a nation starved of meaningful sport? Would lift spirits a wee bit. Just wondered to myself if those sports lent themselves to less people being involved to set something up, and the environment in which both are played is a controlled one anyway. Just an idle thought. Get Ronnie O’Sullivan - he disnae’ shake hands anyway. Social distancing a doddle. 🙂

Snooker is hands all over surfaces.