Coronavirus (COVID-19)

12 minutes ago, superbigal said:

I got this from my Belarusian  cousin bigalski.   Basically it says take welshbairns advice with a pinch of salt when looking to back Minsk today.

прывітанне, таварышы па азартных гульнях. У Мінску абсалютны сабачы бруд, таму, калі ласка, не рабіце тое, што вабнае дзіця называе сваім дрымотам

Update

hello fellow gamblers. Minsk are absolute dog dirt so please do not do what welsh child is calling his nap

7 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

:lol:

Well, my £5.00 free bet double on two Ukranian Table Tennis players came up last night so I've just rattled the whole £11.50 on FC Minsk at 2/1 with Bet365.

I trust the wisdom of welshbairn.

10 minutes ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

You're doing this wrong. You're supposed to double down on it and then end up as an entry onto the heads gone thread, not be all conciliatory like. 🤬

Talking of which, where has that thread gone?

There a Public Health expert in the Falkirk thread who merits a mention.

Seemingly a cruise ship traveling through the Panama canal has four dead and 100+ plus ill with influenza symptoms. However, two are confirmed as having Covid-19. So highly likely that's what it is. US/Canadian/UK travelers starting to do Dave Abels and posting 'Help us' pleas. Completely bizarre the cruise departed on the 7th of March. Did these people not have TV and Internet?

36 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

I did get some very pleasant service from a local woman working at the UK embassy in Dushanbe last summer though.

6 minutes ago, Tight John McVeigh is a tit said:

Definitely there would be exceptions to every rule and maybe smaller embassies and consulates you might get lucky with an individual. 

id-leslie-phillips-006-15523.jpg

40 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

I wouldn't really call myself an expat, I'm just an immigrant.

I've not really had much contact with our embassies, mainly because I assume they'll be useless so I don't bother.
I did get some very pleasant service from a local woman working at the UK embassy in Dushanbe last summer though, so perhaps I shouldn't be so quick to tar them all.

In general embassies are staffed by surly jobsworths who look down on the (non-minted) public at every opportunity. One notable exception was the Mongol consulate in Irkutsk which was basically someone's house. They sat me on the sofa and made me some tea. The Mongols, great bunch of lads.

Kenneth Williams - Alchetron, The Free Social Encyclopedia

23 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Well I had a bit of a minter on here last night....

@Futureboy @MONKMAN @Bairnardo @Fullerene you guys are completely correct, comparing offshore workers to NHS staff was a terrible comparison and I have no idea where I was going with the Piper thing.

@The OP @woolf @pandarilla I am sorry for any offence caused it was never my intention.

I do not think I am generally a roaster, I am putting last night down to tiredness and stress.

I hope you and yours all stay safe.

Don't worry

You'll always be my hero

Saving lives & helicopters ❤️💕

33 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

@Futureboy @MONKMAN @Bairnardo @Fullerene you guys are completely correct, comparing offshore workers to NHS staff was a terrible comparison and I have no idea where I was going with the Piper thing.

@The OP @woolf @pandarilla I am sorry for any offence caused it was never my intention.

I do not think I am generally a roaster, I am putting last night down to tiredness and stress.

No worries mate 😄

stay safe

[mention=75831]Futureboy[/mention] [mention=14746]MONKMAN[/mention] [mention=68117]Bairnardo[/mention] [mention=43847]Fullerene[/mention] you guys are completely correct, comparing offshore workers to NHS staff was a terrible comparison and I have no idea where I was going with the Piper thing.
[mention=33812]The OP[/mention] [mention=27573]woolf[/mention] [mention=43879]pandarilla[/mention] I am sorry for any offence caused it was never my intention.

Aye some of it was at best bizarre. Well done for coming back on to clarify. Plenty who wouldn’t have done so. [emoji106]
Keep well and stay safe.

I wouldn't really call myself an expat, I'm just an immigrant.

I've not really had much contact with our embassies, mainly because I assume they'll be useless so I don't bother.
I did get some very pleasant service from a local woman working at the UK embassy in Dushanbe last summer though, so perhaps I shouldn't be so quick to tar them all.

In general embassies are staffed by surly jobsworths who look down on the (non-minted) public at every opportunity. One notable exception was the Mongol consulate in Irkutsk which was basically someone's house. They sat me on the sofa and made me some tea. The Mongols, great bunch of lads.

IMG_0750.jpg

6 hours ago, pandarilla said:

Neither you nor i has any idea how this might change things in the medium to long term. We're barely at the start.

I'd agree that it won't change tory ideology per se, but it could well change our country's response to all sorts of things.

The Tories have just shot up another few points in the polls. They'll be grand for the foreseeable.