Coronavirus (COVID-19)

17 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Unsure if it's related to my symptoms but its only fair to report that this evening I have had 3 bouts of horrendous shits.

I know a guy who knows a guy who can get you some bog roll. Just say the word. 

9 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Maybe. Maybe they had underlying health conditions.

Or not. Given how many cases Italy have had then I'm surprised it's not more than 46 doctors who have died. The statistics show that 1-2% of apparently healthy people die from this. 

You have to remember though that these doctors won't be healthy; they'll be overworked and exhausted, and exhaustion opens up your immune system for a whole host of trouble and makes it much harder to fight illness.

Good points, but it is a worrying high number.

1 minute ago, cyderspaceman said:

Just heard my great niece has recovered, just a bit of a cough now.

Weird, some folk shrug it off, some folk die.

She was never tested though, just typical symptoms.

Most folk who get it will be fine. As noted the vast majority of the small percent who die from it will be in a risk category, such as age or underlying illness.

Why is it if one of your family shows symptoms you have to be isolated for 14 days but NHS workers who have been caring for patients without PPE, then said patients test positive for Coronavirus the NHS workers don’t have to isolate unless the themselves show symptoms?

15 minutes ago, Lofarl said:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/03/27/world/europe/coronavirus-italy-bergamo.html

Read this.  f**k me it is a brilliant piece of real journalism.  If anyone downplays the seriousness of this.  Slap them fucking silly until both arms are tired, then slap them a bit more and make them read this.

What a read. Incredible. 

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

By asking us whether we really cared about the NHS?

You conflated caring about the NHS with participating in the applause.

If you're stepping back from that then that's cool.

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

That IS good news and I am sure will be welcomed by all the families of those who have died.

You have posted some brainless bollox in your time but that was pretty low.

Do you ever take a break from playing the c**t to everyone? Must get tiring, could be lowering your immunity, friendly advice.

Edited by welshbairn

7 minutes ago, olliethedug said:

Why is it if one of your family shows symptoms you have to be isolated for 14 days but NHS workers who have been caring for patients without PPE, then said patients test positive for Coronavirus the NHS workers don’t have to isolate unless the themselves show symptoms?

I'm not sure that is the guidance anymore mate. Pretty sure anyone who has a symptomatic family member has to isolate for 14 days. Could be wrong tho

12 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Most folk who get it will be fine. As noted the vast majority of the small percent who die from it will be in a risk category, such as age or underlying illness.

Is it really such a small percentage?

8 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Agreed. It's why everyone needs to do their bit to stop the spread .

We haven't been out the house since last weekend and shouldn't have to go out until next weekend.

My young lad is a Paramedic so we are a bit worried about him, we also had to ask him to stay away as my wife is high risk.

I couldn't agree more, everyone needs to do their bit.

I'm not sure that is the guidance anymore mate. Pretty sure anyone who has a symptomatic family member has to isolate for 14 days. Could be wrong tho

Yes, if your family member has symptoms, you self isolate for 14 days. If you’re an NHS worker caring for a patient who is then tested and confirmed positive for Coronavirus you don’t have to isolate. You just go to your work the next day to infect more people.

1 minute ago, olliethedug said:

Yes, if your family member has symptoms, you self isolate for 14 days. If you’re an NHS worker caring for a patient who is then tested and confirmed positive for Coronavirus you don’t have to isolate. You just go to your work the next day to infect more people.

The NHS worker isn't living 24/7 with the patient without any protection.

2 minutes ago, olliethedug said:

That’s true. However, thWWhatey could be on shift for 13 hours for 3-4 days in a row looking after them.

What would you suggest, NHS workers stay at home to self isolate for 14 days after every shift?