Coronavirus (COVID-19)

30 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Cheryl?  Way eye mon

5. Nicola

4. Sarah

3. Nadine

2. Cheryl

1. Kimberley

Top 2 are interchangeable but I’ve gone with the one who seems less of a thuggish, disingenuous arsehole with stupid tattoos. Kimberley is the thinking man’s Girls Aloud member.

5. Nicola
4. Sarah
3. Nadine
2. Cheryl
1. Kimberley
Top 2 are interchangeable but I’ve gone with the one who seems less of a thuggish, disingenuous arsehole with stupid tattoos. Kimberley is the thinking man’s Girls Aloud member.

Terrible team. I pick
De Gea
Messi
Ronaldo
Hazard
Van Dijk

Your team would barely touch the ball.

38 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Each to their own but have you ever needed the nhs - like really needed them?

I've (unfortunately) got frequent flyer miles at ninewells and every now and then i realise how ridiculously lucky i am. My care has been in their hands so many times, on a few occasions the type of care that keeps me alive.

But i remember having the same feeling when my daughter was born in an emergency section through the night. At one point i just looked around at all the staff and all the equipment and it just made me feel small.

Yes they're doing their jobs. But they're part of something (a state run healthcare system) that i think is truly extraordinary.

If i lived in the United States i could not continue to have the career and life i have. Simple as that.

The national health service is something that most people in this country deeply appreciate, and rightly so. But it's made up of hundreds of thousands of individuals going about their job day in day out. Fucking right i took a wee minute to applaud.

It’s a boring theme of mine.

At both the beginning and end of life, there is nothing that comes close to the quality of care given by the NHS.

It is the variously unwell spectrum that take up the vast majority of capacity that have no idea how lucky they are yet make the most noise about waiting times and the like. 

Know what's some laugh? When your wife is a hairdresser in a big chain, the government announce that customers can only go in for 30 mins max so the chain says that's not sustainable and closes down all its shops leaving the missus and countless others out of work, then the government lifts that restriction the next day but the chain then says it's not re-opening. THAT is how a monumental f**k up is done. 

tenor (1).gif

4 hours ago, throbber said:

The supermarket workers deserve a round of applause as much as the NHS staff do, some of the shite I’ve seen them take recently has been disgraceful. 

You didn't get off your hole for nurses, what's the chance you'll get off it for @G_Man1985?

58 minutes ago, throbber said:

Avril Lavigne - Complicated was the best song of the 00’s.

Throbber, it's not even the best song on that album.

47 minutes ago, keithgy said:

We were very quiet today,usually have about 8000k parcels through the depot and today 3400k

You usually get 8 million parcels a day?!

1 hour ago, pandarilla said:

Each to their own but have you ever needed the nhs - like really needed them?

I've (unfortunately) got frequent flyer miles at ninewells and every now and then i realise how ridiculously lucky i am. My care has been in their hands so many times, on a few occasions the type of care that keeps me alive.

But i remember having the same feeling when my daughter was born in an emergency section through the night. At one point i just looked around at all the staff and all the equipment and it just made me feel small.

Yes they're doing their jobs. But they're part of something (a state run healthcare system) that i think is truly extraordinary.

If i lived in the United States i could not continue to have the career and life i have. Simple as that.

The national health service is something that most people in this country deeply appreciate, and rightly so. But it's made up of hundreds of thousands of individuals going about their job day in day out. Fucking right i took a wee minute to applaud.

I didn't clap because I felt it was a red neck (altho my wife works in hairmyres and she did go out and had a wee lump in her throat when she came back in.)

Anyway, despite not clapping, your post is absolutely fucking bang on. I got my stomach removed verging on 2 years ago. c***s basically kept me alive well past my sell by date. They get a lot of slaggings but they are genuinely fucking fantastic, especially in the wards that really fucking matter. 

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

Sky just now; 98% of U.K. deaths were aged and/or had underlying health conditions.  Half to two-thirds would have “died soon” anyway.

Puts a different complexion on the numbers.

That was always going to be the case with this virus. Folk post about some young fit person dying from it are posting an anomaly, but one that fits with the statistics and expected trend. If there were loads of such cases then it would be concerning but the odd one or two is very much in line with what is expected. Not sure why folk therefore post such stories, as it comes across as scaremongering.

3 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Sky just now; 98% of U.K. deaths were aged and/or had underlying health conditions.  Half to two-thirds would have “died soon” anyway.

Puts a different complexion on the numbers.

Which is precisely why it seems daft to bother publishing death updates.