Coronavirus (COVID-19)

9 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Should do yourself a favour and listen to what Icke says about it, a voice of sense in amongst the blind panic.

Should follow Bigfoots advice on self isolation aswell.

Guest JTS98
4 minutes ago, Detournement said:

How can it be more unsafe for you than supermarket workers?

Supermarket workers are quite clearly a special case. It's obviously dangerous for them, but how do you propose to feed 65 million people without them?

There's no sense in comparing them to other jobs.

10 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Should do yourself a favour and listen to what Icke says about it, a voice of sense in amongst the blind panic.

I'm still waiting on Arran blowing up, although the resulting Tsunami would probably get me, so not good at all !!

1 minute ago, WATTOO said:

I actually used to but quite often it would ring out for ages. Foodhub is much better than just eat as they don't have a service charge and seem to be better for the establishment as well, they're certainly always promoting it with flyers etc in the takeaway bag.

It's probably cheaper than jus eat but I'd still give their phone 1st crack. 

This is from the new guidelines in law today

https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-business-and-social-distancing-guidance/

You mentioned you cant social distance so the guidelines are there.

Thanks, from experience I’ve always been under the impression that when it comes to health and safety it was black and white. If it’s not safe then stop. I’ve seen people at work stopping due to a dodgy trailing cable or low hanging piece of roof. This is 100 times worse and not even being discussed.
As far as I’m concerned it’s a total breach of contract and also going against government advice. It’s also putting external workers at risk. I cannot keep apart from colleagues at work due to my job. For them to run a risk assessment and pass it is a total nonsense.
Im not the only one being asked but it’s not just about me this decision could kill people and clog up the health system meaning others in need of care cannot get treatment. If the cases rise and rise then if, hopefully not, hospitals are overrun then I’m claiming breach of contract and it’s up to them to respond. They also have previous for lying about the snow storm and making out that hr didn’t tell them soon enough when they did, just for one days extra work. In a way I’m glad because this finally settles any doubt about just how bad they are and backing bullying management and avoiding sexism and racism complaints. It’s true what they say about showing true colours in a crisis.

1 minute ago, throbber said:

The supermarket workers deserve a round of applause as much as the NHS staff do, some of the shite I’ve seen them take recently has been disgraceful. 

Tesco have given their workers a temporary 10% increase during this time, however it's nowhere near enough for what they're doing and the crap they're having to deal with.

I hate to sound like a broken record, but I honestly believe that anyone deemed to be a "key worker" should have their tax suspended whilst this crisis is ongoing, as a gesture of Thanks if nothing else. 

Let's be honest, if he can find £2,500 per month to pay people for doing nothing at home, then he can afford to give a tax break to the people on the front line, especially as they'll be the ones who undoubtedly end up paying for it all.

CMO in Scotland reckons there’s 65,000 folk who’ve had the virus in Scotland. Only a 1000 confirmed cases. 

That’d be a good thing.

Unlike the 7,000 day on day rise announced by New York, which is a remarkable number

1 minute ago, jagfox99 said:

CMO in Scotland reckons there’s 65,000 folk who’ve had the virus in Scotland. Only a 1000 confirmed cases. 

The rain must dilute it. 

14 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Tesco have given their workers a temporary 10% increase during this time, however it's nowhere near enough for what they're doing and the crap they're having to deal with.

I hate to sound like a broken record, but I honestly believe that anyone deemed to be a "key worker" should have their tax suspended whilst this crisis is ongoing, as a gesture of Thanks if nothing else. 

Let's be honest, if he can find £2,500 per month to pay people for doing nothing at home, then he can afford to give a tax break to the people on the front line, especially as they'll be the ones who undoubtedly end up paying for it all.

Defo , seen some horrible abuse aimed their way from people accusing them of not stocking the shops up properly as if it’s the fault of shelf stackers on minimum wage that fucking morons we descending on the shop like a swarm of locusts to stockpile pasta and toilet roll. You see the very worst of society at times like this so a bit of gratitude really wouldn’t go amiss.

21 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

Supermarket workers are quite clearly a special case. It's obviously dangerous for them, but how do you propose to feed 65 million people without them?

There's no sense in comparing them to other jobs.

If it was dangerous their unions would be saying not to work. 

Another poster has said the estimate is 65,000 cases in Scotland and supermarket workers have had by far the most social contacts (especially last week) but there is no reporting of high numbers requiring medical attention.