Coronavirus (COVID-19)

11 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

My team: Dundee

In all seriousness, my partner also works for the NHS and her attitude to the applause was also along the lines of it’s all well and good for people to show their appreciation but she’d give much more of a f**k about actually having proper PPE while at work.

..and having been working in a hospital earlier in the week with the incorrect PPE, she now has a cough. Make this day 1 of 7 for her and of 14 for me.

What are P&B’s thoughts on getting takeaways at this time? Worthwhile to ensure the food you have in lasts a bit longer without requiring someone else to go to a shop themselves to pick up more for you (provided you’re pre-paying by card obviously) or selfish to make restaurant staff and delivery drivers continue to work and put themselves at risk when they don’t have to be considered essential despite providing food?

3 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Nope. That, whatever it is, is wrong.

Should do yourself a favour and listen to what Icke says about it, a voice of sense in amongst the blind panic.

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

2 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

..and having been working in a hospital earlier in the week with the incorrect PPE, she now has a cough. Make this day 1 of 7 for her and of 14 for me.

What are P&B’s thoughts on getting takeaways at this time? Worthwhile to ensure the food you have in lasts a bit longer without requiring someone else to go to a shop themselves to pick up more for you (provided you’re pre-paying by card obviously) or selfish to make restaurant staff and delivery drivers continue to work and put themselves at risk when they don’t have to be considered essential despite providing food?

Haven’t had a takeaway since this got to lockdown stage. Have been making new recipes and trying new stuff out. Also, as we are now eating lunch at home every day, have been playing a game of ‘how creative can you be with a toastie machine’. 🙂

19 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Section 44 of the employment rights is your friend

https://section44.co.uk/

Thanks, from experience I’ve always been under the impression that when it comes to health and safety it was black and white. If it’s not safe then stop. I’ve seen people at work stopping due to a dodgy trailing cable or low hanging piece of roof. This is 100 times worse and not even being discussed.

As far as I’m concerned it’s a total breach of contract and also going against government advice. It’s also putting external workers at risk. I cannot keep apart from colleagues at work due to my job. For them to run a risk assessment and pass it is a total nonsense.

Im not the only one being asked but it’s not just about me this decision could kill people and clog up the health system meaning others in need of care cannot get treatment. If the cases rise and rise then if, hopefully not, hospitals are overrun then I’m claiming breach of contract and it’s up to them to respond. They also have previous for lying about the snow storm and making out that hr didn’t tell them soon enough when they did, just for one days extra work. In a way I’m glad because this finally settles any doubt about just how bad they are and backing bullying management and avoiding sexism and racism complaints. It’s true what they say about showing true colours in a crisis.

25 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Interesting. Could Wales (or indeed Scotland) actually close its borders to the rest of the UK?

I was thinking this last week when the whole campervans in the Highlands thing started.  Australia has closed some of the borders between it's states and territories, while Italy closed some of the borders between it's provinces.  Surely the nations and regions of Britain could do the same.  There's snow gates on the A9 - close them!

7 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

They'll be delighted to take your order. 

5 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

I'm still using my local Indian Restaurant & Takeaway, they are both family owned and are only doing deliveries and I usually pay by card via the Foodhub or Justeat app / website.

The deliveries are being done either by themselves or a couple of young guys they have working for them, although they've started playing "chap door run" when delivering (and forfeiting their tip) but it appears to be working well.

4 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Jason Leitch said it's fine as long as you put it on your own plates and then wash your hands before eating.

Minimal risk to the delivery drivers as I don't think anyone is taking cash payments just now (any takeaways I mean) and they are often leaving the stuff outside the door then chapping the door. 

If you do make sure it's from a place that isn't allowing collection and is only doing delivery.

1 minute ago, Highland Capital said:

I was thinking this last week when the whole campervans in the Highlands thing started.  Australia has closed some of the borders between it's states and territories, while Italy closed some of the borders between it's provinces.  Surely the nations and regions of Britain could do the same.  There's snow gates on the A9 - close them!

I was thinking the M6 just after J45 tbh!

2 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Thanks, from experience I’ve always been under the impression that when it comes to health and safety it was black and white. If it’s not safe then stop. I’ve seen people at work stopping due to a dodgy trailing cable or low hanging piece of roof. This is 100 times worse and not even being discussed.

How can it be more unsafe for you than supermarket workers?

1 minute ago, Detournement said:

How can it be more unsafe for you than supermarket workers?

No social distancing, no gloves, no routine cleaning, everyone touching the same things. It’s far worse.

Also no windows, using air conditioning, sharing small canteen.

could go on

Edited by D.A.F.C

2 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I'm still using my local Indian Restaurant & Takeaway, they are both family owned and are only doing deliveries and I usually pay by card via the Foodhub or Justeat app / website.

The deliveries are being done either by themselves or a couple of young guys they have working for them, although they've started playing "chap door run" when delivering (and forfeiting their tip) but it appears to be working well.

Use the phone and keep 14% in their coffers if you can. 

Just now, ayrmad said:

Use the phone and keep 14% in their coffers if you can. 

I actually used to but quite often it would ring out for ages. Foodhub is much better than just eat as they don't have a service charge and seem to be better for the establishment as well, they're certainly always promoting it with flyers etc in the takeaway bag.