Coronavirus (COVID-19)

8 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

The footballers and celebrities with tests can get to f**k. Stick Charles on that list too actually.

But the prime minister during a national crisis should surely count as a special case.

I despise the c**t but there's an element of respect for the post that has to be upheld. He's our political leader whether we like it or not. Of course he should've been tested.

I don't disagree with this, however the next priority would surely have to be your frontline NHS staff ??

The fact that characters from the world of Sport and Entertainment seem to be seen as "priority" probably says more about our society than anything.

Nip out at 8.00 tonight and give him a clap.

f**k off.
I don't disagree with this, however the next priority would surely have to be your frontline NHS staff ??
The fact that characters from the world of Sport and Entertainment seem to be seen as "priority" probably says more about our society than anything.
Absolutely.

I think more people should be being tested, and they're rightly under a lot of pressure about this.

I would guess that the celebrities and sports stars are being tested privately out of their own pocket (or that of their employers) rather than for free on the NHS. You can argue that the government should be funding private testing for NHS staff, but I don't think it's fair to blame the people themselves who got tested. The ire should be solely aimed at the government, who should be testing frontline staff as an absolute priority.

5 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Nah i disagree, if the guidance that self isolation and taking paracetamol are all that are required for minor symptoms then thats all he had to do ‘Folks ive got minor symptoms and rather than waste a doctors time for a test i’m going to self isolate and lead by example, i’ll still be leading meetings and the country at this time but via video’. The optics of that are far better than what he’s done. If his symptoms got worse then test him in line with protocols.

Think it’s still pretty important to know for sure if the prime minister has coronavirus at this particular time tbh. If he says he has mild symptoms and self insulates for 2 weeks  it’s still not enough clarity to the general public for him being out of the spotlight at this time of crisis. 

Have there been any indications around the number of healthcare workers that have been diagnosed with the virus, or that have had to isolate? 

Seem to recall about 9% of caees in Italy involved healthcare workers, which is undoubtedly contributing to the deaths being racked up there. 

We do need to be testing healthcare workers as a priority, though. 

31 minutes ago, throbber said:

I had him as my avatar for years but still don’t know much about who he is, every time I watched YouTube videos of him it was just some old c**t with a stupid voice talking about boring shite so I thought it was time for a change.

And?

eta :P

Edited by cyderspaceman

6 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Have there been any indications around the number of healthcare workers that have been diagnosed with the virus, or that have had to isolate? 

Seem to recall about 9% of caees in Italy involved healthcare workers, which is undoubtedly contributing to the deaths being racked up there. 

We do need to be testing healthcare workers as a priority, though. 

Really high in Spain.