Coronavirus (COVID-19)

4 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

have they not timed this spectacularly badly as nobody is buying their oil and they're running out of places to store it?

Depends how you look at it. Russia and Saudi Arabia can probably cope simply due to the volume of output. Other producers, maybe not so much. If and when things return to normality, they will be delighted if the smaller players are no longer in the market or are further reduced.

14 minutes ago, East Calder Lion said:

I am sure that Boris' wealthy friends will make sure he gets the best ventilator etc.

Hopefully not one of those Dyson jalopies...

5 minutes ago, Adolfo Rios said:

It's a long game granted, but one I think we should let play out if it gets the Tories out of power.  

To be honest, I can't help but feel it is convenient timing for him to be diagnosed. He has looked hopelessly out of his depth and things are going to get a lot worse before they get better. A few weeks without him making a consistent c**t of himself will do little damage to his standing with the public.

44 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Taking the long-term view, they are still quids in.  

Of course they will, for most the sneering will be short term. 

46 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

no he was saying GD was losing money because he was speculating when it's just wrecking anyone's investments. If I was close to retirement and still invested in funds with a lot of equities in them (bad idea in first place) I'd be very worried just now.

Surely you should be lessening risk the more the winning line looms.