Coronavirus (COVID-19)

7 minutes ago, dorlomin said:

What a bunch of vapid self centered shits.

People are afraid and they want to do things that both make them feel connected and to celebrate those they feel help them. And the low IQ clowns on this forum mock that. 

You are just horribly self centered"human beings". 

5436FD49-4909-45E9-8E37-E9BD5D293A54.gif

11 minutes ago, dorlomin said:

People are afraid and they want to do things that both make them feel connected and to celebrate those they feel help them. And the low IQ clowns on this forum mock that. 

01250515-75AD-4716-9399-381F1DEA7AAA.gif.91f23302f32c9054408b4d923d3985f0.gif

14 minutes ago, dorlomin said:

giphy.gif

Edited by welshbairn

Without exception* every talking head interviewed from home has books in the background.

It all terribly distracting.

* Darren McGarry from Edinburgh Zoo on The Nine is the exception and he has a huge cool box behind him. I shudder to think about the pungency therein.

40 minutes ago, CambieBud said:

Nothing happened in my street. Guess most felt like me that this feels partronising. Instead of Boris standing outside number 10 clapping for the cameras, he should be getting protective equipment to underpaid and overstretched health workers

As should wee Nippy to the Scottish NHS workers, rather than clapping for the cameras. 

8pm, Essex. Joyce from round the corner, no longer the full shilling, is taking her poodle for its nightly walk. People emerge from their houses applauding. She looks around quizzically then acknowledges praise for tonight’s obviously impressive dog walking.

3 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I’m not sure  how it works for my mates wife. She has her own salon business. 3 stylists there rent chairs but she also has another two who she employs and gives an hourly rate. Any idea? 

Anyone? 

Im worrying myself over these women I only know to see 

1 hour ago, Tynierose said:

I was destroying the family at Monopoly actually.

I don't like the clapping stuff, far too Americanesque for me tbh.

Want to show appreciation, be a decent human being when this is all over.

It's all  a diversion from the gross incompetence by government.

From this evenings news  ( Ch4 )...... 

declined/made no response to the EU offer to pool procurement of ventilators.  ( No 10's 'explanation' on this has changed twice today )

Same programme also showed how rapid, mass testing in South Korea is the basis of the incredibly low death toll there.

Several days ago Donald Trump phoned South Korea asking for assistance in procurement of testers.  No call from Britain.

Instead we have nurses, doctors, medical staff of all descriptions... in tears, begging for proper testing, and decent protective equipment.

And happy clapping.

Edited by beefybake

Ah well, I suppose folk will just have to die from the virus and loads of other be really ill with it and the lifting of the lockdown be delayed as the knock on infections keep happening.
But to be serious, f**k knows what can be done about this. Supermarket shortages are a growing problem as people will continue to buy more than usual since they don't know the next time the supermarkets will get what they need in. Also a problem is loads of folk still being in the shop at the same time and not abiding by social distance regulations.
I must be really lucky where I live as the Lidl just along the road had plenty of fresh vegetables when I was in on Tuesday afternoon. Obviously no pasta and a significant shortage in tinned goods, but there were plenty of tinned fish and vegetables. The meat aisle still had a decent amount left too, even some mince and chicken, and there were plenty of quiches and things like ready made curry. Even some pies, but sadly no steak ones (unless you count the lies that are the one with a pastry lid!). Some fish was there too.
Frozen aisle was half empty, but also half full. 
There's a wee shop just along the road as well that has a small freezer bit at the back and otherwise fully stocked shelves of tins. For some reason this shop hasn't been stripped bare each day!

My Aldi fine today
Just normal

maybe time to organise joining one & asking for recognition
I've had a look at the handbook sent out by the company and at the very least I'm entitled to raise a grievance if social distancing isn't there as they are asking me to do something without any attempt to make it safer.
Basically my job is impossible to do without making close contact or touching items others have touched.
It's also exceptional circumstances and the government has actually told people to stay away unless social distancing is possible.
Just yesterday they were sending out an email saying our safety is the number one concern.
Shocked but not surprised.

To be honest, I'm getting pussy seek of the whole thing. I don't like getting told what to do, and anyway I got distracted and forgot what the time was at 8pm.

I'm also a bit pissed off at getting reprimanded by text for not participating enough in our family messenger group during these difficult times. I got asked for my song of the day and promptly posted Zoom by Fat Larry's Band.

I like Zoom by Fat Larry's Band  and you can stick public displays of appreciation and family members group chat up your hole for the time being

It's an absolute shocking state of affairs that the likes of BT, Virgin and Sky still have their call centre staff working.

Yes, the support team are an essential service if something goes wrong, but the sales team? Anyone who has worked in a call centre know that they are some of the mankiest places going with shared working space. My mate works there and he's had his sales target trebled from last month (It's on a week to week basis) with new cut price deals available to take advantage of everyone being at home.

In more encouraging news, it's good that there's one very small positive out of the lockdown and it's that the planet seems to be healing itself somewhat. Venice being the most noticeable.

Totally unrelated but that in conjunction with the ozone layer being found to be repairing itself is encouraging too.

Edited by Ludo*1

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

In more encouraging news, it's good that there's one very small positive out of the lockdown and it's that the planet seems to be healing itself somewhat. Venice being the most noticable.

Totally unrelated but that in conjunction with the ozone layer being found to be reparing itself is encouraging too.

Wasn't that stuff about Venice found to be false?

14 minutes ago, Angusfifer said:

To be honest, I'm getting pussy seek of the whole thing. I don't like getting told what to do, and anyway I got distracted and forgot what the time was at 8pm.

I'm also a bit pissed off at getting reprimanded by text for not participating enough in our family messenger group during these difficult times. I got asked for my song of the day and promptly posted Zoom by Fat Larry's Band.

I like Zoom by Fat Larry's Band  and you can stick public displays of appreciation and family members group chat up your hole for the time being

At least we know what your up to with your self isolation time...