Coronavirus (COVID-19)

I genuinely did clap, my parents went wild for it as if their clapping was going to kill the virus. Was quite cool seeing more than half the street doing so and bizarrely mildly moving. What a stressful job working in the hospitals would be but deeply satisfying and gratifying. I think because a lot of morons just spout off utter shite regarding the NHS just to sound like they actually care or are thoughtful the whole message gets a bit diluted. Sort of similar to poppy wearing, the whole thing gets turned into a side show and it then becomes fashionable to act like people who show appreciation are idiots ). I know it doesnt make any real impact or whatever but I think its more sad people highlighting just how indifferent they are than me the old couple across the road and the school kids on my street sharing ten seconds of engagement when we barely see anyone just now

Yep. Pretty much spot on.

About half the houses in our street did it, and you do get that nice wee feeling of being part of something bigger. A good thing for the kids as well.

1 minute ago, theportman said:
6 minutes ago, welshbairn said:
I'll start clapping the NHS when they start bringing down the death rate. Meanwhile, I'm going out for a pint, who's with me? :thumsup2:guinness

The Fluke handy for you?

I'm more of a Nip Inn man myself, but needs must if they're doing a lock in.

I was destroying the family at Monopoly actually.
I don't like the clapping stuff, far too Americanesque for me tbh.
Want to show appreciation, be a decent human being when this is all over.

I was in Orlando when Thor2 came out, so we went to the cinema to watch it. When Thor appeared some red neck started shouting ‘u-s-a u-s-a’ without a hint of irony that the big space alien wasn’t a yank.

4 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Boy stopped by police on Perth High Street today. Was screaming he “had that COVID” at the officers.

I'm sure they'll knock it out of him. 

4 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Boy stopped by police on Perth High Street today. Was screaming he “had that COVID” at the officers.

The police should have said “is it 17, 18 or 19 you’ve got?”.

3 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I was in Orlando when Thor2 came out, so we went to the cinema to watch it. When Thor appeared some red neck started shouting ‘u-s-a u-s-a’ without a hint of irony that the big space alien wasn’t a yank.

And, even at that, a Scandinavian alien presumably.

Edited by The OP

28 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

I seriously hope that this clapping thing is not going to be a regular event tbh.

Not to worry, if that Twitter video of morons in Brixton is true then there won't be anyone left to do it.