Coronavirus (COVID-19)

9 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

She works in the NHS, she's standing outside giving herself a round of applause.

Apparently, I'm grumpy.

People in the NHS can give themselves the clap?

Christ they really need that PPE stat.

Edited by Granny Danger

I genuinely did clap, my parents went wild for it as if their clapping was going to kill the virus. Was quite cool seeing more than half the street doing so and bizarrely mildly moving. What a stressful job working in the hospitals would be but deeply satisfying and gratifying. I think because a lot of morons just spout off utter shite regarding the NHS just to sound like they actually care or are thoughtful the whole message gets a bit diluted. Sort of similar to poppy wearing, the whole thing gets turned into a side show and it then becomes fashionable to act like people who show appreciation are idiots ). I know it doesnt make any real impact or whatever but I think its more sad people highlighting just how indifferent they are than me the old couple across the road and the school kids on my street sharing ten seconds of engagement when we barely see anyone just now

I don't actually mind something like this to show appreciation. The problem is that you'll have the selfish b*****ds who put extra strain on the NHS patting themselves on the back and the Tory b*****ds who hamstrung them doing the same.

It makes the entire thing worthless. f**k it.

Many of those applauding the NHS workers will be the same people that have gutted supermarkets for the last fortnight leaving them with f**k all coming off shifts.

But at least they got a few likes on Facebook.

3 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

How long before most of the folk out clapping are blocking GP phone lines, whingeing about pharmacies, and being general arseholes to NHS staff?

I'll start clapping the NHS when they start bringing down the death rate. Meanwhile, I'm going out for a pint, who's with me? :thumsup2:guinness