Coronavirus (COVID-19)

11 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

A lot of people will be fucked. From my experience working in an local accounts practice the majority of sole traders and small companies make losses or very small profits. Still no confirmation that I can see if it’s going to be based on gross or net profit but I’d imagine it’s net, which would leave the majority of sole traders with no an awful lot.

From my experience working in a law firm trying to establish loss of earnings lots of self-employed people declare far less than they earn then feel miffed when they can’t claim it back.

From my experience working in a law firm trying to establish loss of earnings lots of self-employed people declare far less than they earn then feel miffed when they can’t claim it back.

Like I said previously, why would you not try to minimise tax liability if you have the chance?

2 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

I'm betting Granny Danger's sums for his tax return were a laugh. 

He owes them money at the beginning of June. 

23 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

No doubt our worst is yet to come, but hopefully statistically not as severe.

I’m hoping that we’ve been able to “maintain” it. Last Fri was when the more drastic social distancing measures came in (no pubs, cinemas, restaurants etc). Surely by now they’d be showing symptoms of the virus. I definitely think since Monday people have been taking things more seriously than they were before. 

Just now, Thereisalight.. said:

I’m hoping that we’ve been able to “maintain” it. Last Fri was when the more drastic social distancing measures came in (no pubs, cinemas, restaurants etc). Surely by now they’d be showing symptoms of the virus. I definitely think since Monday people have been taking things more seriously than they were before. 

But also consider how many folk probanly caught it on Friday and how long they were contagious for. 

8 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

Like I said previously, why would you not try to minimise tax liability if you have the chance?

In all seriousness, because it’s selfish and amoral and partially why the NHS don’t have adequate PPE and ventilators.

41 minutes ago, pandarilla said:
1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:
Two of P&B’s favourite subjects collide - new Adam Buxton podcast just released and it’s a COVID-19 Special.

Where can i access this? His stuff is brilliant.

Any podcast app I suppose. Or download his app.