Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, pozbaird said:

Can’t remember the last time I personally had a piss up at all. Or a jog. Definitely had a short game of golf though the day before the club shut down. Definitely walked the road to and from Westerwood Hotel two days ago. Definitely went down to the retail park today and did a thirty minute walk around the loch before doing some shopping. I assume if you have a problem with this, you’ll detail exactly why, given the only time I wasn’t 2m away from someone was at the M&S till today while carrying out a cashless transaction.

Why are you getting defensive? I haven't had a go at you with those posts. I'm saying that we are tracking similar numbers to Italy at the same stage and criticising the holistic UK government response. If you need to justify yourself playing golf or wandering about a retail park then you do what you have to do.

Just now, RossDee01 said:

London will get hammered by it I think which will rocket the numbers. Italy was the same where about 90% of the cases were confined to one region. I can’t really see Scotland being hit too hard, the majority of us up here seem to be taking the whole thing more seriously and we’re naturally a lot more spread out up here than they are down there.

Or we are a few weeks behind London. 

I'd have been fucked if I was still freelance/self-employed. Last 3 years tax records you say?!?

A lot of people will be fucked. From my experience working in an local accounts practice the majority of sole traders and small companies make losses or very small profits. Still no confirmation that I can see if it’s going to be based on gross or net profit but I’d imagine it’s net, which would leave the majority of sole traders with no an awful lot.

Why are you getting defensive? I haven't had a go at you with those posts. I'm saying that we are tracking similar numbers to Italy at the same stage and criticising the holistic UK government response. If you need to justify yourself playing golf or wandering about a retail park then you do what you have to do.
You're being a bit of a 'we're all doomed' merchant.

Or we are a few weeks behind London. 

Are we? We’re not cramming into tubes like they are down there so it’s not much of a comparison. I live near a railway and from what I’ve seen, the majority of trains have been virtually empty. Busses likewise.

5 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

I’m only defensive with you, given the shite you post, specifically the ones aimed square at my choices a few days ago. Now we have ‘Wandering about a retail park’. Erm, no. I shopped at the retail park, but walked around an almost deserted nearby loch. I encountered one dog walker. You can read that a post or two back. ‘Wandered around a retail park’. Have a word.

Edited by pozbaird

1 minute ago, pandarilla said:
5 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

I can't imagine why.

Get out in 20 minutes time and clap that'll fix this.

10 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

I'd wait for 3 or 4 days before we take our recent deviation too literally. 

I'll still be crossing my fingers until then, 4000 deaths or less by next Wednesday will be good, up near 6000 and I'll be behind the couch. 

Definitely, just have to look at the US who looked like theyd even out twice but then rocketed back up again.

As I say though, I'm trying to be optimistic. I don't think we've been nearly as bad as other countries in responding to this tbh.

4 minutes ago, pandarilla said:
7 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

I'm not a doom merchant but I have taken to using big numbers to people I knew weren't giving this the respect it deserves, I did get through due to best case numbers still being frightening when you projected a fortnight forward. 

7 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

I expect to see Catherine Calderwood, Scotland’s Chief Medical Officer, on the honours list in the near future.

After listening to her pish about Prince Charles getting tested going to struggle to take her seriously from now on

Definitely, just have to look at the US who looked like theyd even out twice but then rocketed back up again.

As I say though, I'm trying to be optimistic. I don't think we've been nearly as bad as other countries in responding to this tbh.

No-one on here is getting carried away with positivity - instead it's just about keeping perspective and staying calm.

I'd rather applaud the efforts of those in the nhs than shout "we're all fucked" from the rooftops.

Anyway, my missus has checked and a few neighbours we know are joining us. The kids are looking forward to it as well, so we'll see if any other c**t joins in.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Like Marshy, I think we have, hopefully I look like I borrowed Granny' abacus in a fortnight.