Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Latest UK numbers

A further six people who tested positive for coronavirus in Wales have died, bringing its total number of deaths to 28, Public Health Wales says.

It came as three coronavirus patients in Scotland died, bringing the total deaths there to 25.

Latest figures for England and the UK as a whole will be released later. The government has said it is currently changing the way deaths are recorded.

In other developments:

The number of confirmed coronavirus cases in Wales has risen to 741 and in Scotland to 894

Scotland’s chief medical officer says around 40-50,000 people in the country may be infected

A second serving prisoner in the UK has died after contracting coronavirus

2 minutes ago, bernardblack said:

I’d rather donate to the NHS tbh.

Seems to me the clapping thing will be done by the same people who are at Tesco at 6am stockpiling pasta

We all pay for it through our taxes. 

'Donating' on top of that sets a dangerous precedent.

3 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Russian Warships have been cutting about the North Sea and English Channel over the last couple of days...

I'd doubt they'd want to invade as all they'd end up with would be a virus filled country full of raging halfwits.

8 minutes ago, Detournement said:

The British Army are in Iraq, Syria, Afghanistan, Estonia, Bahrain, Oman and some shitey island in the South Atlantic. 

I know...

2cb3041b48f8f98501f790d3cf0faa0c.jpg.668022fdc4c4a34288ce31a2065d7e7f.jpg

4 minutes ago, Detournement said:

The British Army are in Iraq, Syria, Afghanistan, Estonia, Bahrain, Oman and some shitey island in the South Atlantic. 

I expect in any event the Army wouldn't be a huge amount of use in the English Channel anyway chief.

They'd get their boots wet..

1 minute ago, alta-pete said:

I expect in any event the Army wouldn't be a huge amount of use in the English Channel anyway chief.

They'd get their boots wet..

My point is why greet about Russian boats in international waterways when the UK is illegally occupying part of Iraq. 

We are in pot kettle territory.

Just reading some of the recent posts, the warships, the army, that last map someone posted, a mental thought just jumped into my brain - Risk, the Coronavirus Strategy Game.

I’m piling into North Korea and staying put.

6 minutes ago, Louis Litt said:

I'm frontline NHS

If you clap at 8pm you're a minter.

Back To Work GIF by memecandy

Spoiler

but seriously we all owe you a huge debt of gratitude, best of luck and stay safe.  

29 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Russian Warships have been cutting about the North Sea and English Channel over the last couple of days...

The Sky News journalist who broke that story, followed it up within an hour later with a tweet with a "Context Alert" saying the story was from a week ago.

I see Sky News' website have now dropped the story, but it was up there (including as a headline) for the best part of the day.

Irresponsible stuff (wouldn't expect anything less), leading to more panic which we can all do without.

1 hour ago, pandarilla said:

So p&b is not on favour of the clap thing?

I reckon we'll do it. Wee moments like this are good for the solidarity of streets and communities and i genuinely believe the nhs needs as much attention and gratitude as it can get.

And yes i know they need ppe and decent long term funding, and better pay deals much more than some random clapping - and i know that this is pretty much all birthday caird pish - but it's a very small and easy thing to do.

As with the YNWA communal singing, I will be clapping on the inside.

I like people showing appreciation of NHS workers though. Grateful Mummies are always handing in wine for her...which I drink.