Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:
4 minutes ago, pozbaird said:
To show my appreciation for the NHS, having already been out for my exercise walk / shop today, I am refraining from opening my door and standing clapping in the freezing cold wind which is whipping down from the arctic. I am thereby reducing both my risk of catching a cold, and breaking the rules on going out. Gary Tank Commander stamped my wrist at the shops today to indicate I’d been out. The stamp said ‘O2 Academy no re-admission without stamp’, but the government just aren’t getting the right equipment to the front line.

It's a fucking stupid idea. If you want to show support everyone donate £1 via justgiving. That's 60m.

I think a better idea would be to cancel HS2 and divert that money to Hearts the NHS.

Loads of folk will be getting all their repeats in early though, getting everything that's on their list (which is often quite substantial).

It'll be about a surge in repeats, guaranteed.
Definitely. My pal works in a doctor's surgery and deals with the repeat orders, said they have had loads of folk requesting their 56 day prescription, even though they only got the previous one two weeks ago. Said the number of requests is double the normal amount just now.

30 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

So p&b is not on favour of the clap thing?

I reckon we'll do it. Wee moments like this are good for the solidarity of streets and communities and i genuinely believe the nhs needs as much attention and gratitude as it can get..

DB46B0A0-EBBD-4647-848D-4FBB216816F0.png.f06261953792899bb6bce53b6ac3a64c.png

26 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

My next door neighbours are both Nurses and I'd think they'd appreciate a bottle of wine (as Tynie says) or a box of chocolates or even just a genuine and sincere acknowledgement of the good job they're doing as opposed to this cringeworthy  Z list celebrity backed, American type bollocks.

(Just my opinion of course and each to their own).

My friend is lead nurse at icu. I took her food the other day so she’s have a meal for family. Much more practical than clapping.

26 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:
28 minutes ago, pozbaird said:
To show my appreciation for the NHS, having already been out for my exercise walk / shop today, I am refraining from opening my door and standing clapping in the freezing cold wind which is whipping down from the arctic. I am thereby reducing both my risk of catching a cold, and breaking the rules on going out. Gary Tank Commander stamped my wrist at the shops today to indicate I’d been out. The stamp said ‘O2 Academy no re-admission without stamp’, but the government just aren’t getting the right equipment to the front line.

It's a fucking stupid idea. If you want to show support everyone donate £1 via justgiving. That's 60m.

Not sure that babies, toddlers and young children generally will have the capacity to donate a pound.

12 minutes ago, peasy23 said:
3 hours ago, pandarilla said:
Loads of folk will be getting all their repeats in early though, getting everything that's on their list (which is often quite substantial).

It'll be about a surge in repeats, guaranteed.

Definitely. My pal works in a doctor's surgery and deals with the repeat orders, said they have had loads of folk requesting their 56 day prescription, even though they only got the previous one two weeks ago. Said the number of requests is double the normal amount just now.

And the doctors won’t be filling them.  It’s essentially panic buying for prescription medicine and if doctors prescribe them they would be enabling it.

31 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:
33 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Donate to what?

Guest bernardblack

I’d rather donate to the NHS tbh.

Seems to me the clapping thing will be done by the same people who are at Tesco at 6am stockpiling pasta