Coronavirus (COVID-19)

IMG_4067.thumb.jpg.9e2505192b2f3a36fc4cf5dfdb39d70d.jpg

Anyone else been receiving this sort of letter just incase we go into full lockdown? Been told to take it with me at all times.
Just came on here to say I've just been issued with pretty much the same letter from my work, carry at all times to be presented on request etc... More restrictions incoming?

Also, this clap for the NHS thing can GTF, social media attention seeking pish. It was nice when it appeared on the news as a wee spontaneous show of solidarity thing happening in the Italian streets, has since been copied by folk that are probably raging they didn't think of it first and is now going to become a 'thing' that folk will feel compelled to do in times of crisis.

1 hour ago, cyderspaceman said:

All right. "under normal circumstaces".  Blimey, I thought I could be pedantic.

Well the current situation has taught us that It's not acceptable for an essential business to only function well 'under normal circumstances' and to make an arse of things when demand increases. They should be resilient enough to deal with exceptional circumstances as well, which means that their beloved, profit-maximising 'just in time' supply chain system has to go.

42 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Today's list of things that can f**k off:

Clap for the NHS
James Dyson getting a government contract
The guy who has just had a conversation with himself over 6 emails sent to everyone in the office

So you won’t be joining the nation at 8pm and clapping your hands in the dark and pishing rain? You are a flaming filthy fifth columnist. I hope they take you away and lock you up.

5 minutes ago, Turkmenbashi said:

We are doing the clap for our medical workers thing here in Belgium. Also someone on my street feels the need to play really loud music from his/her balcony for 30 minutes alongside the clapping. It gets tiresome really quickly

The last thing NHS need now is the clap.

40 minutes ago, Arbroathlegend36-0 said:

IMG_4067.jpg

Anyone else been receiving this sort of letter just incase we go into full lockdown? Been told to take it with me at all times.

Are buses and trains maintaining the 2 meter spacing for passengers?

Now I went to Mark's and Spencer's in st Andrew's after work at 5pm last night.

Awesome.

No gadgies bulk buying cos it's too expensive.

No old people cos there not allowed out.

Only about 10 customers in shop o reckon.

Meal deals £12 main, side , pudding and vino absolutely shelves creaking.

Ready meals reduced to clear and freezable by the many.

Wife will survive me by 4 days as I dont like pancetta carbonara and I got 4 at 60% discount.

Only problem in meal deal I did not want to rake about for biggest chickens, steaks.

Btw dont tell anyone.

6 minutes ago, bennett said:

Are buses and trains maintaining the 2 meter spacing for passengers?

They weren't on Monday, however the past few days have seen the trains really empty and also are running additional carriages so that nobody is sitting next to each other. My train home last night at 5.05pm had 8 carriages and only half a dozen people or so were in each carriage.

Any Buses I've noticed also appear to be virtually empty, so it looks like most who are still at work are driving, since they've done away with the parking charges.

So p&b is not on favour of the clap thing?

I reckon we'll do it. Wee moments like this are good for the solidarity of streets and communities and i genuinely believe the nhs needs as much attention and gratitude as it can get.

And yes i know they need ppe and decent long term funding, and better pay deals much more than some random clapping - and i know that this is pretty much all birthday caird pish - but it's a very small and easy thing to do.

2 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

I reckon we'll do it. Wee moments like this are good for the solidarity of streets and communities and i genuinely believe the nhs needs as much attention and gratitude as it can get.

And yes i know they need ppe and decent long term funding, and better pay deals much more than some random clapping - and i know that this is pretty much all birthday caird pish - but it's a very small and easy thing to do.

My next door neighbours are both Nurses and I'd think they'd appreciate a bottle of wine (as Tynie says) or a box of chocolates or even just a genuine and sincere acknowledgement of the good job they're doing as opposed to this cringeworthy  Z list celebrity backed, American type bollocks.

(Just my opinion of course and each to their own).

6 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

I'll just play this at fu pelt.

To show my appreciation for the NHS, having already been out for my exercise walk / shop today, I am refraining from opening my door and standing clapping in the freezing cold wind which is whipping down from the arctic. I am thereby reducing both my risk of catching a cold, and breaking the rules on going out. Gary Tank Commander stamped my wrist at the shops today to indicate I’d been out. The stamp said ‘O2 Academy no re-admission without stamp’, but the government just aren’t getting the right equipment to the front line.

To show my appreciation for the NHS, having already been out for my exercise walk / shop today, I am refraining from opening my door and standing clapping in the freezing cold wind which is whipping down from the arctic. I am thereby reducing both my risk of catching a cold, and breaking the rules on going out. Gary Tank Commander stamped my wrist at the shops today to indicate I’d been out. The stamp said ‘O2 Academy no re-admission without stamp’, but the government just aren’t getting the right equipment to the front line.
It's a fucking stupid idea. If you want to show support everyone donate £1 via justgiving. That's 60m.

7 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

To show my appreciation for the NHS, rather than clapping, I will simply just continue to not ever vote Tory.

Beat me to it!  Once this thing is over we will see if people really appreciate the NHS.