Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Just back from the new retail park next to Broadwood Stadium - M&S, Aldi, Food Warehouse, Pets at Home, Home Bargains, Matalan, Tim Hortons.

Matalan and Tim Hortons closed. Everything else absolutely normal, stocked, short queues outside M&S, Aldi, Food Warehouse. One in, one out. Staff outside organising it cheery and chatty. Waited four minutes to get into M&S. Once inside, was easily the most relaxed M&S shopping experience of all time. The absence of dodderers who fanny around with loose change, don’t put the divider down on the belt, or block the aisles chatting to Betty and Frank from next door was fcuking glorious.

Edited by pozbaird

2 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Has anything else actually happened in the past 2 weeks (Covid and pervy Salmonds case aside)?

Not an exclusive list by any means, but Kenny Rogers died, Tom Brady signed for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, and Celtic’s nine-in-a-row title aspirations were admitted to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Glasgow after showing signs of a fever and a nasty prolonged cough. #prayforrasellik.

Edited by pozbaird

33 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Someone said they’ve changed the deadline time (no pun) to make them look better.  Of course that will only work once.

I read that it was too much work (because eof the high number of deaths) to have the cut off for the announcement when it was so they've changed the time. Means it will take a day to catch up but by tomorrow should be a familiar picture. 

Just now, madwullie said:

I read that it was too much work (because eof the high number of deaths) to have the cut off for the announcement when it was so they've changed the time. Means it will take a day to catch up but by tomorrow should be a familiar picture. 

Bad excuse, isn't it?

If they need more time to pull the figures together today, it's not going to be any better tomorrow.  Is it going to get a couple of hours later each day?

20 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Is that “good” or bad? I haven’t been following the numbers for new cases 

It's a smaller jump than yesterday's so a good thing. There were 135 yesterday, up from 85 the previous day. 

Doesn't however give then full picture. ICU cases doubled yesterday so hopefully that doesn't increase too much today as that's where the pressure will really start hit. 

Brits to thank health workers with round of applause

People in the UK are preparing to thank National Health Service (NHS) workers with a nationwide round of applause.

It was the idea of Dutch yoga instructor Annemarie Plas who wanted to show doctors, nurses, GPs and carers some national gratitude.

Her suggestion was picked up and supported by the likes of Victoria Beckham and the Duke and Duchess of Sussex.

People are being ask to clap from their front doors, gardens, balconies, wherever they may be, at 20:00 local time.

???????????????

Just now, WATTOO said:

People in the UK are preparing to thank National Health Service (NHS) workers with a nationwide round of applause.

It was the idea of Dutch yoga instructor Annemarie Plas who wanted to show doctors, nurses, GPs and carers some national gratitude.

Her suggestion was picked up and supported by the likes of Victoria Beckham and the Duke and Duchess of Sussex.

People are being ask to clap from their front doors, gardens, balconies, wherever they may be, at 20:00 local time.

???????????????

Personally I'm more a "candle lit vigil" sort of guy.

4 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

???????????????

I doubt anybody around my way will do it. Nobody was out singing Flower of Scotland at 8pm on Saturday like FB had instructed people to do

Morrison's was fine this morning, queued for 5 mins to get in. Social distancing a bit off though. Some aisles were too busy and one auld dear slid right up to me to bemoan the lack of choice in the bread dept.

Took a step back and...

giphy-1.gif.fd4a00a6b3a7808b23d746d76fe41b21.gif

13 minutes ago, The DA said:

Bad excuse, isn't it?

If they need more time to pull the figures together today, it's not going to be any better tomorrow.  Is it going to get a couple of hours later each day?

I think the plan is it will now be at this new time "going forward" urgh

Edited by madwullie

Just now, Thereisalight.. said:

I doubt anybody around my way will do it. Nobody was out singing Flower of Scotland at 8pm on Saturday like FB had instructed people to do

No, it's just childish pish from your typical facebook cretins and halfwits.

If they really value the NHS workers then they should be supporting them in pay disputes and ensuring that they have the correct tools and equipment to do the job instead of all this "look at me" bollocks.