Coronavirus (COVID-19)

I'm on what I think is day 6, the lethargy is starting to ease as are the aches which are pretty much gone. I wake every day with a headache and I just can't seem to drink enough water my pish is constantly murky. 

I only cough sporadically during the day but start hacking away in the evening which leads to the breathlessness.

Sweating is gone and definitely no temperature.

Sense of smell and taste are utterly fucked.

I think this fucker is going to linger on for weeks.

Tomorrow I get out again where I'm going for a wee walk to the village shop for some essentials like milk and bread but I think the walk will kill me. 

Symptoms update....

Yesterday Mrs B had something of a mini relapse, feeling all sore and tired again. Well she started this a day before me and sure enough lastnight in bed the aching in my.lower back and legs returned. It doesnt seem to have stayed with me as bad now that I am up and about, but no sign of smell and taste returning quite yet. 

This is taking a bit of shaking off tbqh. 

Anyone came up with a ‘B’ candidate for tomorrow’s ‘Coronavirus Countdown Choon Challenge’. Only one contender. Four lads from Liverpool who changed the world.
For me, it’s ‘She Said She Said’ from the Revolver album.
aaanywayyy... 

All You Need Is PPE
Back In The ICU
Being For The Benefit Of Mr. Trump
Can’t Buy Me Toilet Roll
Carry That Coffin
Don’t Come Together
The Continuing Self-Isolation of Bungalow Bill
Baby, You Can Drive My Ambulance
Get Back In The House
Got To Get You Into This Mask
Covid 19 Is Here, There and Everywhere
If I Reach Sixty-Four
With A Little Help From The NHS

1 hour ago, woolf said:

First time on this thread so thought I’d make a contribution.

Last Thursday night I came down with a high fever,breathing issues and a bit of a cough.After calling my GP on Friday i was told to isolate the family for 14 days as in all probability it was Covid-19,later that day my Wife also became ill.At first I was sceptical and reckoned I’d came down with a “normal virus” but this is unlike anything I’ve had previously.

The Friday and Saturday we both had a high fever,real shortness of breath but only a slight cough,much the same Sunday & Monday but with the added insight into why all the bampots were stockpiling fkn loo roll.

Tuesday for me was the worst,adding hot sweat,shivers and feeling faint but it passed by late afternoon and I started feeling and breathing better.

Yesterday and today I’m  better,still a bit short of breath but no temperature and not much of a cough.My Wife has had  Exactly the same symptoms 24 hrs after me.Thankfully my 2 boys haven’t showed any symptoms and obviously our main concern is protecting them from this.

TBH I have experienced  worse physically but mentally it’s a different proposition when all you see are people being stretched into hospitals or bodies being taken into morgues!Must admit I was terrified of going into hospital on my own with no family allowed anywhere near me,You do have the option of getting some breathing apparatus in house but thankfully it hasn’t got that bad.

The one thing that would have helped me mentally would have been contact with people that had been through what was I was likely to experience,it would definitely have helped me.

Stay safe.

Sounds scary. I have COPD and I had to get the ambulance out one time due to shortness of breath - it's absolutely frightening.

We are under strict instructions from my youngest stepdaughter not to leave the house under any circumstances although I'll have to leave it for a necessary medical procedure.

All 3 of us in our house get the flu jab so we're all in the "at risk" category.

Glad you're making progress

15 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Pub car kings symptoms are very similar to mine I feel.

Hope he doesnt die. x

It wouldn't auger well for you if he did.

(I hope neither of you die.)

ET_d-yeXgAEngrf.thumb.jpeg.90960a8db17459b9f2a6d176d1c4aa85.jpeg

Definitely seem to be heading for a China/Iran type curve rather than a Spain/France/Italy one, just now.

Considering this is the results before the lockdown then hopefully it might drop even further after an initial rise?

Probably too optimistic. 

As we all thought - a storm in a teacup! Back to work we go.

8 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

My brother used to work for Robertson's in Dumbarton Rd, the very one that was featured in Still Game.

When flat sceen tellies  first came out they cost a fortune., even a shitey brand like Bush or Ferguson.

He said that while a Panasonic might have been £2k-3k, the exact same telly with a  wee B&O badge on it was £10k.

Style over substance.

I remember seeing my first one in HoF, £15,000. Can't remember the brand.

6 hours ago, Tight John McVeigh is a tit said:

This is exactly correct. It is a very insetious industry and there isn't too much differing internally. Just the cosmetic frames and badge.

Most manufacturers sub contract individual component manufacturers to the same sub contractors.

I was looking at Alibaba last night - my son wants  a new laptop/all-in-one PC.  I was surprised to see they were available from about 100 USD - the wife said no, the quality will be crap.  I tried to explain to her that the same machine will be sold in stores here for 3-4 times the price - the only difference will be the wee badge  in the corner. 

I haven't taken the plunge yet though. 

47 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
50 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:
ET_d-yeXgAEngrf.thumb.jpeg.90960a8db17459b9f2a6d176d1c4aa85.jpeg
Definitely seem to be heading for a China/Iran type curve rather than a Spain/France/Italy one, just now.
Considering this is the results before the lockdown then hopefully it might drop even further after an initial rise?
Probably too optimistic. 

I dont see why it's too optimistic. It surely has to make a big odds.

Why not make yourself feel even more optimistic by plotting Scotland on the graph?

There's signs Scotland will be treated differently very soon. Nicola creating a Scotland specific advisory group on the virus. 

35 minutes ago, pub car king said:

I'm on what I think is day 6, the lethargy is starting to ease as are the aches which are pretty much gone. I wake every day with a headache and I just can't seem to drink enough water my pish is constantly murky. 

I only cough sporadically during the day but start hacking away in the evening which leads to the breathlessness.

Sweating is gone and definitely no temperature.

Sense of smell and taste are utterly fucked.

I think this fucker is going to linger on for weeks.

Tomorrow I get out again where I'm going for a wee walk to the village shop for some essentials like milk and bread but I think the walk will kill me. 

If you are genuinely on day 6 of having this, do you not have anyone who can drop off the essentials to you to allow you to keep self-isolating? Otherwise it’s likely you will infect the rest of your village by going out and getting stuff yourself.

Why not make yourself feel even more optimistic by plotting Scotland on the graph?
There's signs Scotland will be treated differently very soon. Nicola creating a Scotland specific advisory group on the virus. 

If you want to play that game, yesterday was pretty bad for Scotland. But given the policies being implemented across the UK is based on the same medical advice and uses the same data, there’s precisely no chance Scotland will embark on different policy than England.

NHS staff are being targeted by muggers trying to steal their identity badges so they can use them to obtain the free food and drinks being offered to doctors and nurses tackling coronavirus.

Health service bosses are so concerned by a spate of incidents that they are preparing to warn all hospital staff to hide their NHS lanyards when they are arriving at or leaving work.

ffs

4 minutes ago, sparky88 said:

It's not my graph, the guy who does it is named at the bottom.

36 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Pub car kings symptoms are very similar to mine I feel.

Hope he doesnt die. x

I dunno - if he pops off your chances of surviving must be greater based on the stats.

Just to add - I've no preference as to which of you don't pull through. 

19 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Sounds scary. I have COPD and I had to get the ambulance out one time due to shortness of breath - it's absolutely frightening.

We are under strict instructions from my youngest stepdaughter not to leave the house under any circumstances although I'll have to leave it for a necessary medical procedure.

All 3 of us in our house get the flu jab so we're all in the "at risk" category.

Glad you're making progress

Thanks mate,I don’t want to count my chickens but definitely see light at the end of the tunnel (fingers crossed).I is difficult to stay positive,I’ve had to give myself a right talking to a few times.The mass media coverage has scared the shit out of most of us and was probably needed to ram the message home.I think we all have the message now and it’s time to change tact a wee bit,start trying to put out some positivity to try calm some nerves.

I hope you and your family come through unscathed,the sacrifices will be worth it.If you feel the slightest symptoms don’t hesitate to get help.