Coronavirus (COVID-19)

11 minutes ago, Tight John McVeigh is a tit said:

Similar scenario here, but not as severe. If I were to leave, I would need to apply for re-entry approval before returning. Even citizens that leave, when they return and if they pick up the virus they would have to pay for the treatment/hospitalisation. In fairness, stops idiots traveling. No lock down yet in Singapore, everything operating fairly normally although they are now shutting entertainment venues.

They have seen a spike in infections, nearly all from overseas. Don't think they are overly happy with the UK & US. They are bringing 200,000 citizens home and expect a spike from that. I guess a lockdown then.

Sounds fun up in the land of chuckles.

So after all this settles, I guess Thailand will participate in their favourite pass time? Think it would be number 13? Is it the Police turn this time, you keep forgetting whose turn it is to overthrow the government there.

it would be no.22 in 115 years:guntoting

think it's national health service or taxi drivers turn, can't keep up.

@dirty dingus no comment (it's a drip gif) 8)

Martin Lewis was asking this question the other day, and didn't have an answer yet. The 80% subsidy is aimed at stopping employers from paying people off due to the downturn in trade.
Asthma aside, it sounds as though your wife's job would not otherwise be at risk meaning the furlough payment scheme wouldn't be available to your employer here. As a result, unless the employer was prepared to pay her full wages for the time she is isolating, your wife would only be entitled to CSP or SSP.
I thought her being off due to a medical condition would be enough but obviously not

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52043767

I suppose this is good news but I can’t help but think that there will be little scrutiny of the profit the Dyson c**t will make from this.

Seen that earlier, but surely they will just end of just sucking all the air out your body in to a fantastic and expensive bagless machine?

And don't worry about the profits, James bought the most expeve apartment in Singapore and the following week bought something like the 5th more expensive. He will find a use for the profit.

7 hours ago, alta-pete said:

I have a (free) app on my phone that shows planes in the air. Anyone who lives near an airport will, I am sure, have noticed the reduced traffic. I picked up on this wee private jet flying across Ireland (note PnB airspace has zero active planes) but tracking back his flight path is it any wonder USA has a bigger problem than they might be admitting to? 

35CF9BFC-E459-4516-AD1D-392A8266C591.png

B6C6D208-139F-45D9-99A9-EC75B6B93A0F.png

CEA26CBA-8CD0-4858-A575-8F87ACD1D37B.png

I was having a look at it yesterday and the skies around London were noticeably quieter.

36 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52043767

I suppose this is good news but I can’t help but think that there will be little scrutiny of the profit the Dyson c**t will make from this.

It's a prototype which isn't even ready to go into production. Why not chuck the money at a proven manufacturer and get them producing these ASAP? They can't help themselves but give the contracts to their pals.

23 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

I’m sure the Dyson ventilator looks futuristic, costs 3 times as much as a normal one and is fucking useless.

What’s this c**t been doing for the last 3 months?

A5AB8BE2-B558-4318-B076-773894F3D188.jpeg

Actually they’ve already done it and made their design available online unlike #Torycunt ya dodging Dyson.

https://www.gtech.co.uk/ventilators

5 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Speedy recovery Tam. We can't afford to lose anyone.

Still here pal. Burd is 7 and a bit months pregnant so if worst comes to worst it should be a simple 1 in 1 out scenario. I'll make sure he's (it's a boy) taken to Mcdiarmid by his brothers.

Breathing not changed any, still fairly difficult but not at passing out stage just yet, feel like a twat phoning the NHS but needs must and I'll be doing that today.

3 minutes ago, woolf said:

First time on this thread so thought I’d make a contribution.

Last Thursday night I came down with a high fever,breathing issues and a bit of a cough.After calling my GP on Friday i was told to isolate the family for 14 days as in all probability it was Covid-19,later that day my Wife also became ill.At first I was sceptical and reckoned I’d came down with a “normal virus” but this is unlike anything I’ve had previously.

The Friday and Saturday we both had a high fever,real shortness of breath but only a slight cough,much the same Sunday & Monday but with the added insight into why all the bampots were stockpiling fkn loo roll.

Tuesday for me was the worst,adding hot sweat,shivers and feeling faint but it passed by late afternoon and I started feeling and breathing better.

Yesterday and today I’m  better,still a bit short of breath but no temperature and not much of a cough.My Wife has had  Exactly the same symptoms 24 hrs after me.Thankfully my 2 boys haven’t showed any symptoms and obviously our main concern is protecting them from this.

TBH I have experienced  worse physically but mentally it’s a different proposition when all you see are people being stretched into hospitals or bodies being taken into morgues!Must admit I was terrified of going into hospital on my own with no family allowed anywhere near me,You do have the option of getting some breathing apparatus in house but thankfully it hasn’t got that bad.

The one thing that would have helped me mentally would have been contact with people that had been through what was I was likely to experience,it would definitely have helped me.

Stay safe.

Sounds bad.  Glad you seem to be getting over it.

On this furlough thing.

Anybody able to advise on the following. Say your work take up this option with the government paying 80% of your salary and your work paying the other 20%. If that lasted for three months, and after that your work made you redundant, would your redundancy pay be based on that final wage you were getting from your work (ie a fifth of what you'd been earning a few months before)?

1 minute ago, Steven W said:

On this furlough thing.

Anybody able to advise on the following. Say your work take up this option with the government paying 80% of your salary and your work paying the other 20%. If that lasted for three months, and after that your work made you redundant, would your redundancy pay be based on that final wage you were getting from your work (ie a fifth of what you'd been earning a few months before)?

I doubt it, but I also doubt that this scenario has been factored into the rules.

ET_d-yeXgAEngrf.thumb.jpeg.90960a8db17459b9f2a6d176d1c4aa85.jpeg

Definitely seem to be heading for a China/Iran type curve rather than a Spain/France/Italy one, just now.

Considering this is the results before the lockdown then hopefully it might drop even further after an initial rise?

Probably too optimistic. 

Definitely seem to be heading for a China/Iran type curve rather than a Spain/France/Italy one, just now.
Considering this is the results before the lockdown then hopefully it might drop even further after an initial rise?
Probably too optimistic. 
I dont see why it's too optimistic. It surely has to make a big odds.

9 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Probably too optimistic. 

Also factor in us being an island and outwith the Schengen area will be of benefit to us, and there cause to be cautiously optimistic

My work has today decided if you don't adhere to social distancing you'll be subject of disciplinary - fair enough. 

Only, for the majority of the shift its impossible but distance yourselves so when that happens you can be within the 2m. 

Putti g the production before the health of its employees. I can see myself being sent home when I get my meeting. 

16 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Probably too optimistic. 

My only worry would be the 24 day incubation period when you think back to what was happening here up until the past week or so. I'd reckon our figures (especially london) could spike massively over the coming fortnight.