Coronavirus (COVID-19)

4 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Anyone came up with a ‘B’ candidate for tomorrow’s ‘Coronavirus Countdown Choon Challenge’. Only one contender. Four lads from Liverpool who changed the world.

For me, it’s ‘She Said She Said’ from the Revolver album.

aaanywayyy... 

As long as we're not singing "when I get knocked down, I get up again" tomorrow. 

7 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Anyone came up with a ‘B’ candidate for tomorrow’s ‘Coronavirus Countdown Choon Challenge’. Only one contender. Four lads from Liverpool who changed the world.

aaanywayyy... 

The world's first boy band.

8 minutes ago, Kejan said:

A belter.

Hink I'll fire it up on my Bang and Olufsen's the noo, like.

My brother used to work for Robertson's in Dumbarton Rd, the very one that was featured in Still Game.

When flat sceen tellies  first came out they cost a fortune., even a shitey brand like Bush or Ferguson.

He said that while a Panasonic might have been £2k-3k, the exact same telly with a  wee B&O badge on it was £10k.

Style over substance.

48 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Mrs Empty has just had an email from her work saying all she'll be getting whiles isolated is statutory sick pay due to them still being open, she's been told shes high risk due to her bad asthma and is showing symptoms of a cold. Are the b*****ds even allowed to do this when the government are offering to pay 80% of her wages just for the workplace to say nah?

Martin Lewis was asking this question the other day, and didn't have an answer yet. The 80% subsidy is aimed at stopping employers from paying people off due to the downturn in trade.

Asthma aside, it sounds as though your wife's job would not otherwise be at risk meaning the furlough payment scheme wouldn't be available to your employer here. As a result, unless the employer was prepared to pay her full wages for the time she is isolating, your wife would only be entitled to CSP or SSP.

Edited by Todd_is_God

aaanywayyy... 

The Bunneymen? Surely is Rescue then. Appropriate

2 hours ago, tree house tam said:

This virus has ramped the f**k right up today, still no fever but really struggling with breathing, sore chest and a stupid fucking cough. Soon be time to dial the NHS if this keeps up. Farewell lads.

Speedy recovery Tam. We can't afford to lose anyone.

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

My brother used to work for Robertson's in Dumbarton Rd, the very one that was featured in Still Game.

When flat sceen tellies  first came out they cost a fortune., even a shitey brand like Bush or Ferguson.

He said that while a Panasonic might have been £2k-3k, the exact same telly with a  wee B&O badge on it was £10k.

Style over substance.

I know a guy who worked fixing TVs when they were the CRT type. When the went to flat screen it was just a matter of replacing them so he packed it in.

Anyway he still knew about production and he said that pretty much all the screens were produced in the same few factories and the Sony and Samsung were identical apart from a few things. The main screen was identical. Bit of clever marketing and maybe slightly better casing and speakers and an extra few hundred dollars extra. I kept this knowledge hoping to hear someone boast about their Sony tv but never got the chance.

I don’t know if this is still the same. Samsung are great at taking over monopoly areas like tv or smartphone and making better stuff for cheaper.

I know a guy who worked fixing TVs when they were the CRT type. When the went to flat screen it was just a matter of replacing them so he packed it in.
Anyway he still knew about production and he said that pretty much all the screens were produced in the same few factories and the Sony and Samsung were identical apart from a few things. The main screen was identical. Bit of clever marketing and maybe slightly better casing and speakers and an extra few hundred dollars extra. I kept this knowledge hoping to hear someone boast about their Sony tv but never got the chance.
I don’t know if this is still the same. Samsung are great at taking over monopoly areas like tv or smartphone and making better stuff for cheaper.

This is exactly correct. It is a very insetious industry and there isn't too much differing internally. Just the cosmetic frames and badge.

Most manufacturers sub contract individual component manufacturers to the same sub contractors.

Tinpot Thailand closes all entry to foreigners, begging question. If I was abroad with my family, they would be allowed to return home, but f**k their farange dad...

24 hour curfew incoming, there just not telling us when it's going to happen to top panic buying???

Media to be taken over by the government to stop fake news and only have there fake news.

See you all

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/1886395/all-doors-closed-to-foreigners

if you don't click, this the tone of language

"I want to warn those bent on taking advantage of people's plight and death. Don't think they will get away. I will do everything possible to deal with them swiftly and expeditiously. They will be spared no mercy," he said.

5 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Style over substance.

20200326_053249.jpg.872e8a4c1257329a6460ffaa1e4c3953.jpg

6 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

Tinpot Thailand closes all entry to foreigners, begging question. If I was abroad with my family, they would be allowed to return home, but f**k their farange dad...

24 hour curfew incoming, there just not telling us when it's going to happen to top panic buying???

Media to be taken over by the government to stop fake news and only have there fake news.

See you all

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/1886395/all-doors-closed-to-foreigners

Crackdown/Lockdown will be an easy way to clamp down on the FFP.  Have also been seeing a few posts online generally flaunting the lèse-majesté laws by saying how things are turning to shit since Bhumibol died.

See you all
"I want to warn those bent on taking advantage of people's plight and death. Don't think they will get away. I will do everything possible to deal with them swiftly and expeditiously. They will be spared no mercy," he said.

Similar scenario here, but not as severe. If I were to leave, I would need to apply for re-entry approval before returning. Even citizens that leave, when they return and if they pick up the virus they would have to pay for the treatment/hospitalisation. In fairness, stops idiots traveling. No lock down yet in Singapore, everything operating fairly normally although they are now shutting entertainment venues.

They have seen a spike in infections, nearly all from overseas. Don't think they are overly happy with the UK & US. They are bringing 200,000 citizens home and expect a spike from that. I guess a lockdown then.

Sounds fun up in the land of chuckles.

So after all this settles, I guess Thailand will participate in their favourite pass time? Think it would be number 13? Is it the Police turn this time, you keep forgetting whose turn it is to overthrow the government there.