Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

They're putting photos of her up at dogging hotspots to put people off.

Imagine ripping off someone's knickers to find that photo taped to her fanny.

43 minutes ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

Not when Dotun Adebayo does his world football hour, he can be insufferable a the best of times but turns into a right c**t when on this topic.

I thought maybe it was just me. I was actually moved to send a message to the BBC, suggesting that he was not the best radio presenter I had ever heard.

Well, I phrased it differently.    Admittedly it was 4am and I suppose they put the diddies on then  but he's not actually a young up-and-coming type at 59.

He is dreadful to listen to. Can't phrase a sentence. I don't listen now, my insomnia has gone since I left the UK.  :) . Coincidence, I'm sure. 

eta     "Heidi Dawson, Controller of BBC Radio 5 Live, said: “Dotun is well known to our listeners who love his warmth, humour and intelligence. He is an outstanding broadcaster with a passion for late-night radio and just how important radio is to listeners at that time of night. There is no one better to succeed Rhod Sharp.”

Pish.

Edited by cyderspaceman

This virus has ramped the f**k right up today, still no fever but really struggling with breathing, sore chest and a stupid fucking cough. Soon be time to dial the NHS if this keeps up. Farewell lads.
Hang in there mate. Don't panic, but do what's needed to keep yourself safe.

I would think anything was better than 5 Live.

Packy Bonner, Biscuits, EBT Doddsy, Nosferatu Rae, Wee Cheeky Chirpy Chappie Chico, Willie Miller, Liam ‘Sevco’ McLeod and Tom English all shouting and screaming simultaneously on ‘Open All Mouths’ is better than 5 Live ?
Amazing.......[emoji44]

Nah I'm not gullable but it made some good points.

It really didn't.

China and Russia are very far from allies.

North Korea is a frustration to China.

North Korea are clearly reporting nothing, they are not clear of the virus.

Russia are getting on with things as Russia always does, don't expect bad news from the Russian government any time soon.

The hospitals in China were prefabricated and due to the political structure the central government can cut through the red tape and build things quickly. For many years now China has many very public examples of building complex structures in record time; bridges, metros, long distance railways, buildings. Both domestically and abroad.

The spread of the virus and the lesser impact to places like Beijing is due to timing. China is a country of migrant workforce and with New Year coming, the traffic was flowing one way from the cities back to the provinces. They then locked Hubei down, stopped the long distance bus network and HSR and flights, effectively isolating the virus (if only the UK was an island and could do the same?)

There is zero evidence of major trade upwards of company shares in recent weeks and generally all major indices remain flat. Where is the evidence of China 'buying up in the West'.

China has for years invested heavily and not so discreetly in western economies. They have invested heavily in the US economy, pretty much own the automotive industry, largely control the worlds rare earth minerals (which is a huge issue, to the point that the US wanted to 'buy' Greenland) have been pushing into HSR and only restricted in the aviation industry as it is mostly locked down.

Chinas internal economy has suffered badly. their domestic automotive industry has virtually collapsed in recent months, hitting near zero sales of new cars in the biggest new car marked in the world by far.

I think that's enough to dispel the drivel.

At the same time, without playing down the virus, it all in all, is not so much a critical problem healthwise (meaning, we will get through this and recover in a matter of time healthwise, how fast depending how individual goverments react and how individuals react). There are many other factors to consider and hence why places like Italy and Spain are hit harder. The real long term issue is the economical issue created from this (and this is why governments are caught between 'flattening the curve' and keeping work going). Everything that happens, every working day lost, every government support paymemt is not free money and everyone will pay in the future for a long time. China will be no exception. There will be a stigma against China for this and added to the fact the disruption to the global supply chains and the speeding up of protectionism and robotics/AI/algorithms foreign companies in China will close or dilute their exposure in China.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

You call spreading fake stories that the Chinese are trying to murder us all light relief?

I don’t know if the Chinese tried to murder us or not. I tell you one thing though. As soon as Boris lets me out, I’m going to murder a Chinese.

Italy surely on course for the top of the podium, The US not far behind, but have a very poor return on away goals at this point. That may change. China really have run out of steam and unless their bio weapons lab and cunning evil plan to take over the world doesn't get their finger out a medal position will be gone for them. It is really tight at the bottom of the table with so many countries on one point, but spare a thought for North Korea. They now have the unenviable record. After 3 months, not a single goal or point. Relegation to the seaside leagues is pretty much assured for them.

I have a (free) app on my phone that shows planes in the air. Anyone who lives near an airport will, I am sure, have noticed the reduced traffic. I picked up on this wee private jet flying across Ireland (note PnB airspace has zero active planes) but tracking back his flight path is it any wonder USA has a bigger problem than they might be admitting to? 

35CF9BFC-E459-4516-AD1D-392A8266C591.png

B6C6D208-139F-45D9-99A9-EC75B6B93A0F.png

CEA26CBA-8CD0-4858-A575-8F87ACD1D37B.png

1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:

Imagine ripping off someone's knickers to find that photo taped to her fanny.

Is it a tramps pocket you're throwing it into. 

Mrs Empty has just had an email from her work saying all she'll be getting whiles isolated is statutory sick pay due to them still being open, she's been told shes high risk due to her bad asthma and is showing symptoms of a cold. Are the b*****ds even allowed to do this when the government are offering to pay 80% of her wages just for the workplace to say nah?

8 minutes ago, Tight John McVeigh is a tit said:

Italy surely on course for the top of the podium, The US not far behind, but have a very poor return on away goals at this point. That may change. China really have run out of steam and unless their bio weapons lab and cunning evil plan to take over the world doesn't get their finger out a medal position will be gone for them. It is really tight at the bottom of the table with so many countries in one point, but spare a thought for North Korea. They now have the unenviable record. After 3 months, not a single goal or point. Relegation to the seaside leagues is pretty much assured for them.

The Partick Thistle of the Corona leagues. 

14 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

I have a (free) app on my phone that shows planes in the air. Anyone who lives near an airport will, I am sure, have noticed the reduced traffic. I picked up on this wee private jet flying across Ireland (note PnB airspace has zero active planes) but tracking back his flight path is it any wonder USA has a bigger problem than they might be admitting to? 

35CF9BFC-E459-4516-AD1D-392A8266C591.png

B6C6D208-139F-45D9-99A9-EC75B6B93A0F.png

CEA26CBA-8CD0-4858-A575-8F87ACD1D37B.png

Greenied, purely for a mutual love of the Flightradar app. Although given the circumstances, i am surprised the at the amount of flights still going. New zealand and Australia i had heard were shutting the borders, yet there are still flights heading to and from there. 

Edited by buchan30

4 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Mrs Empty has just had an email from her work saying all she'll be getting whiles isolated is statutory sick pay due to them still being open, she's been told shes high risk due to her bad asthma and is showing symptoms of a cold. Are the b*****ds even allowed to do this when the government are offering to pay 80% of her wages just for the workplace to say nah?

Is the furlough payment not for those that are in lockdown due to risk. 

Edited by ayrmad

Anyone came up with a ‘B’ candidate for tomorrow’s ‘Coronavirus Countdown Choon Challenge’. Only one contender. Four lads from Liverpool who changed the world.

For me, it’s ‘She Said She Said’ from the Revolver album.

aaanywayyy... 

Just now, pozbaird said:

Anyone came up with a ‘B’ candidate for tomorrow’s ‘Coronavirus Countdown Choon Challenge’. Only one contender. Four lads from Liverpool who changed the world.

For me, it’s ‘She Said She Said’ from the Revolver album.

aaanywayyy... 

Only one song fitting at this time. Help.